Profile for Happily Vegan > Reviews

Content by Happily Vegan

Happily Vegan "Family Gal" (Yorkshire, UK)

Communication Skills for Midwives: Challenges in every day practice
Communication Skills for Midwives: Challenges in every day practice
by Carole England
Price: 17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and useful in study and practice, 25 Oct 2013
I bought this having used it for some pre-session work at Uni. It is very easy to comprehend, and is great for aiding the transferal of theory into practice on placement. Well worth investing!

Mouthwatering Vegan
Mouthwatering Vegan
by Miriam Sorrell
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was hoping for!, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
Having tried a few recipes from Miriam's blog, I was delighted to learn of her first cookbook. I was not disappointed. It includes my first love - her Chocoholics cheesecake which I PROMISE you will not be noticed as vegan by anyone, and is absolutely to die for. I was amazed that she has her own recipes in here for vegan cheeses, and you can even satisfy your old desires for certain non-vegan confectionary using her skilled veganising shenanigans.
Don't be fooled into thinking this is an ultimately healthier cookbook - it is in many ways but fat still makes you fat regardless of where it comes from. However, whether you use this book for occasional treats or for everything else, you will not be sorry. And if that's not enough of an incentive, you will be helping to save the planets resources and helping to put an end to animal cruelty too. You can live without meat and dairy, and with food like this, why wouldn't you want to? Happy eating x

Lottery: The Fortunes and Misfortunes of Perry L. Crandall
Lottery: The Fortunes and Misfortunes of Perry L. Crandall
by Patricia Wood
Price: 5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great!, 13 April 2009
I won't waffle on and on as there are some lengthier posts above mine, but I just had to say that this book is just excellent and a real must of a read.
It was the first book I picked up 18 months following the birth of my 3rd child. I had slacked off for all that time due to all that comes with having kids, but I am so glad I chose this one to get me started again. Really refreshing, different, fun, and I dare anyone not to like Perry!!
Problem is - whatever I read next may well pail in significance compared to Lottery.
Just read it!