Profile for Margaret > Reviews

Content by Margaret

Margaret "book lover" (South Africa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Rewrite [DVD]
The Rewrite [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Grant

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother buying this DVD, 8 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Rewrite [DVD] (DVD)
Very disappointed in this movie. It was not very funny or witty, and though I love Hugh Grant, he looked old and tired.

Foyle's War Series 8 [DVD]
Foyle's War Series 8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Kitchen

5.0 out of 5 stars British drama at its best, 13 May 2015
This review is from: Foyle's War Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Foyle's War is British entertainment at its very best. The excellent cast takes the story to the years beyond WW II into the start of the cold war. Michael Kitchen, is as always, brilliant. I hope they make another series soon.

In the Key of Genius: The Extraordinary Life of Derek Paravicini
In the Key of Genius: The Extraordinary Life of Derek Paravicini
by Adam Ockelford

5.0 out of 5 stars A most incredible story, 13 May 2015
The incredible story of Derek Paravacini, and Adam Ockelford who recognised the talent in the tortured child and helped him overcome his problems. It is a wonderful story. I have such admiration for the teachers and family members of this young genius. And goodness knows, that brave nanny who despite her advanced years helped this boy to fulfil his talent.

The Desert Song [DVD] [1953] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
The Desert Song [DVD] [1953] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia for us oldies, 13 May 2015
A such a lovely ridiculous story - but sublime music and the wonderful voices of Gordon MacRae and lovely soprano Kathryn Grayson. This is for the oldies who grew up on musicals. I just loved every minute of it.

The Derek Paravicini Quartet
The Derek Paravicini Quartet

4.0 out of 5 stars Great music for a lazy evening, 13 May 2015
This is great Cd - much better than I was expecting. The amazing Derek Paravicini is a wonderful pianist and my admiration for him is huge. To overcome all his difficulties and produce something as great as this CD is astounding. He marvellous backing too. High recommended.

Facing the Music
Facing the Music
by Mary Nickson

4.0 out of 5 stars an enjoyable read, 13 May 2015
This review is from: Facing the Music (Paperback)
I enjoyed 2 other books by Mary Nickson. This is also a good read - interesting characters, and such a treat not to read about drunken sex-mad females which are so common in chic lit now.

Love Is All You Need [DVD]
Love Is All You Need [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pierce Brosnan

5.0 out of 5 stars a good afternoon, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Love Is All You Need [DVD] (DVD)
A gentle lovely story.

Travels on My Elephant
Travels on My Elephant
by Mark Shand

5.0 out of 5 stars The lovely Tara, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Travels on My Elephant (Hardcover)
I loved this book by the late Mark Shand. It was full of humour which I enjoyed. His travels through India on his elephant Tara made such a deep impression on me. We have elephants in South Africa too, but they are mostly in the wild. We are faced with the horrors of poachers of both our elephant and rhino. I appreciate that Mark Shand set up his elephant foundation to help save Indian elephants.
It was so sad that he died suddenly but I am sure that his elephant trust will continue. I wish more people like him would help us save our wild life.

At Home With Friends
At Home With Friends

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful CD, 31 May 2014
This review is from: At Home With Friends (Audio CD)
This is a delightful CD by Joshua Bell and some rather unexpected friends. It is a really special CD and I can recommend to anyone who loves good music.

Notes from a Small Soprano
Notes from a Small Soprano
by Lesley Garrett

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful soprano, 31 May 2014
This is a very easy to read book about Lesley Garrett. It's full of wry and amusing tales of her life as a singer. I enjoyed reading about a singer who doesn't take herself too seriously. And by the way, she really can sing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9