Profile for Charly > Reviews

Content by Charly

Charly

Bio Wipies Biodegradable Baby Wipes - Pack of 72
Bio Wipies Biodegradable Baby Wipes - Pack of 72

5.0 out of 5 stars These are brilliant wipes, mainly because the bag comes with a ..., 15 July 2016
These are brilliant wipes, mainly because the bag comes with a plastic resealable opening that keeps them fresh (as opposed to just a sticker that dries out and stops sticking). I'd buy these again. Great wipes and no problem on my 7 week old baby's skin.

Baby Car Mirror - Highest Stability Safety Rear View Baby Seat Mirror | Unique Clamp Design and Easy to Latch onto Rear Headrest Bar | 100% Shatterproof | Easily Adjustable | Premium Safety Product

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant! My husband fitted it in no time and ..., 15 July 2016
This is brilliant! My husband fitted it in no time and it makes such a difference to be able to see our baby when we're driving. The seller was fantastic and even emailed me the day before it arrived to give further fitting instructions and to offer help if we had any problems with it. What service! Keep up the good work guys, this is why small businesses rock! Highly recommend. Arrived quickly, well packaged and does exactly what you need it to, without being bulky in the car. We're going to take it on holiday to use in our hire car.

AFUNTA Baby Crib Mobile Music Box Holder Arm Bracket Nut Screw Box Mobile
AFUNTA Baby Crib Mobile Music Box Holder Arm Bracket Nut Screw Box Mobile
Offered by Afunta UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful arm for a cot mobile, 15 July 2016
Useful arm for a cot mobile, and it fitted our IKEA Gulliver cot no problem. It's also worth noting that the arm can be used without the cylindrical music player, and without the 4-arm hanger. This was handy for us as we had been given a mobile that had everything it needed, it just needed a hook in the ceiling/an arm to hang it from. We didn't want to put a hook in the ceiling because we will be moving our baby to her nursery at 6 months' old, so this arm was great. It's pretty sturdy (enough for a light mobile), and I'd recommend it to anyone that's been gifted a mobile and needs a way to hang it! Decent price and this seller delivered quickly and as advertised. It goes together easily enough but also came with zero instructions. When you're sleep deprived parents, that can be a challenge. A simple one-pager wouldn't hurt, hence 4 stars.

Happy Mummy Hook and Stroll
Happy Mummy Hook and Stroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and versatile thanks to the fact that they attach ..., 15 July 2016
Brilliant and versatile thanks to the fact that they attach using velcro. I put them on my stroller, but can see how they'd be really useful on the cot, or if you were travelling. Well worth it. Perhaps a little expensive for what they are, but they've already proved really handy. Arrived from this seller VERY quickly, well made and exactly as advertised.

AIO AIO Red Wallet Leather Case For Apple iPhone 4 4G 16Gb 32GB + LCD Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful for storing business cards, 21 May 2012
This little wallet is fantastic. It keeps my iPhone safe and is really handy for storing business cards, emergency cash etc. I find that I always have my phone to hand, far more than my actual wallet or card holder, and so this is a really easy way of being able to offer people a business card. The cover is really hard-wearing and stays professional-looking even after being dropped on multiple occasions!

I Thought it Was Just Me (But it Isn't): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy and Power
by Brene Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea and well written, but labours the point too much, 21 May 2012
I recently watched this author's Ted talk about shame and was really struck by her ideas, so bought this book. I steer clear of self-help books, and this book does try to strike a reasonable balance of academic ideas and personal stories. Inasmuch as I wasn't looking for life advice (but more interested in her research) it's a very interesting and quite emotionally-rewarding book. However Brown does seem to labour the point rather a lot, which has made me jump ahead through various sections as I've got bored of the repetition of ideas. Unless you have an issue with shame in your life with which you think this would help, I wouldn't recommend this book for anyone with just a curiosity as to what it does to people/society. The Ted talk IS excellent however.

Management Tips: From Harvard Business Review
Management Tips: From Harvard Business Review
by Harvard Business Review

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin and telling the obvious, 21 May 2012
I run my own business and thought this book might offer some useful bite-size ideas, but I was pretty disappointed when I started flicking through it, and haven't found anything in it that wasn't common sense. It's also a bit too much of a skim. I should have known I suppose that no 'little book of' will ever really be useful!