Profile for M. Lunn > Reviews

Altec Lansing inMotion IMT702 Max - Black
Offered by Gasteiner Technologies Ltd
Price: 124.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little speakers, 2 Nov 2013
Looking for a present for my little brother and this brought me the best combination of quality and value that I could afford. :)

Altec Lansing inMotion Classic IMT630 III Portable Dock for all iPod and iPhone - Sport Blue
Offered by Modern-Tech
Price: 93.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what is up, 2 Nov 2013
I don't quite know why, because it was a great product while it was working, but it has just stopped working about two months after we bought it. No idea why.

Time to Run Lightweight Running Glove Yellow
Time to Run Lightweight Running Glove Yellow
Offered by Time To Run Limited
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Nov 2013
Warm, bright , fabulous. I do have little hands though and the fingers are far too long...might have to buy kids gloves next time!

UNICORN Real Leather 16.4" laptop bag Messenger Brown #7E
UNICORN Real Leather 16.4" laptop bag Messenger Brown #7E
Offered by The Real Leather Shop
Price: 56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars high Qualiity, 2 Nov 2013
I bought this about a year ago now and he is still using it for college five days a week with no problems.

Physics for the IB Diploma Full Colour
Physics for the IB Diploma Full Colour
by K. A. Tsokos
Price: 27.17

5.0 out of 5 stars The best IB Physics textbook I have ever had!, 2 Nov 2013
Explains everything you need to know in enough depth to truly understand, great for when you need something explained very clearly. It is my go-to help book, all the time. Contains masses of questions on every topic and sub-topic, and loads of example questions, and with the exception of one or two parts is organised exactly the same as the syllabus for easy reference. The parts that are organised differently do make sense - e.g. motion in fields consists of gravitational fields and electric fields. In this textbook the electric fields part is moved to where the other electricity stuff is. Includes all option topics, HL and SL material.

It does contain some explanations you do not necessarily need to know, but so far I have found that these have always helped my understanding. If you are going to revise from this, just check with a copy of the syllabus as you go (can find them easily on the internet, just check it is the right year for your course) so you know what you will actually be examined on and what is just there to aid understanding.

Note about definitions: definitions used in this textbook are great for understanding, but generally speaking are much more concise and still correct out of a revision guide.

I really hated the first year of HL Physics, and having used this over the summer I feel a lot better about second year now.

Chemistry Study Guide: Oxford IB Diploma Programme (International Baccalaureate)
by Geoffrey Neuss
Price: 21.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Nov 2013
Covers everything on the syllabus completely and concisely. I use this for quick reference alongside a more detailed textbook for when I'm struggling to understand or need to learn a topic completely independently - both *are* necessary, regardless of the quality of your revision guide.

Physics for the IB Diploma Exam Preparation Guide
Physics for the IB Diploma Exam Preparation Guide
by K. A. Tsokos
Price: 17.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 2 Nov 2013
It is concise, follows the syllabus. Covers everything you need to know as a great pre-exam checklist. Does not explain in enough detail to learn from, but that is why it is called an 'Exam Preparation Guide'. :)

Oxford Big Foot Bike / Cycle Propstand - Black
Oxford Big Foot Bike / Cycle Propstand - Black
Offered by bikemadness
Price: 4.90

3.0 out of 5 stars When it works it's great, but..., 2 Nov 2013
I needed a cheap propstand, mostly because while my bike is somewhere secure it isn't chained and as such is prone to falling over. This was cheap, durable and easy to fit....
But also extremely easy to unfit. :P
As long as you don't mind carrying the spanner everywhere with you it's fine, but mine gets wobbly and starts falling everywhere ALL THE TIME. I have to check it and tighten it before I head to and from work each day.

As long as it is tightened it is very easy to use. The adjustment of the length of the leg itself I have absolutely no faults with.

GR5 Sierra Cycle Bike Helmet 54-59cm - Blue - adjustable Small / Medium
GR5 Sierra Cycle Bike Helmet 54-59cm - Blue - adjustable Small / Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine, 2 Nov 2013
Adjusts easily, comfortable to wear, can remove the peak and pads inside as necessary. Also one of about 2 helmets on Amazon that will fit my head that aren't children's helmets....

Oxford Aquatex Outdoor Cycle Cover
Oxford Aquatex Outdoor Cycle Cover
Offered by DIY & Homewares
Price: 16.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 2 Nov 2013
I needed a cover that didn't cost loads as I didn't have a lot of money and my bike has to live outside. This does the job very well especially given the price. Some reviews say it is difficult to put over the bike - I have had no problems whatsoever unless it is very windy, and that is hardly the fault of the manufacturers. Just start at the front and do it methodically and it is very quick and easy. Also stretch it along the length of the bike before you pull each side down too. Just what I found helpful. :P

The only downsides are that the bike can only be chained at floor level, at the foot of the front wheel - reinforced loops are provided on the cover for this, but a bit of a bugger as I haven't got a floor-level place to chain it.
Where the cover touches the seat, the water will seep through - unless you buy a very expensive one this is unavoidable. I have a cheap shower cap with elastic edges that I put over the seat. Very useful to carry generally.

Also beware that the cover will act like a giant sail, and if it falls over, the cover does tear. Small ones I've had don't seem to have impacted my bike too much though.