Profile for Ewok > Reviews

Casio NP-20DBA Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine, 27 Mar 2012
this is exactly how it should be. Cheaper than retail shops, but still the real-deal.
No problems at all. Holds a charge well.

Kitchen Craft 20 cm Master Class Acero Stainless Carbon Steel 8 inch Sharpening Steel
Price: 9.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Grand for the money, 1 Mar 2011
This works a treat. I've only got Viners block knifes from Argos anyway, so making them sharper, pays for itself. Even if it goes blunt or loses it's edge in time, it's so cheap, you can just buy a new one. Put new life in to my knifes. Handle is lovely. A hole in it to hang would make it perfect though.

UPDATE DEC 2013: Steel has eventually lost it's edge. It doesn't sharpen my knives anymore. It had a reasonable life for the relatively cheap money, but I didn't use it as much as lets say a family or an aspiring chef would. So nearly 2 years of life out of it for me. Time for a new one. Question is, to buy the same one, or something better/more expensive? Or go buy decent knives?!

New Balance MRP0110 Mens Running Tights - Black, Large
New Balance MRP0110 Mens Running Tights - Black, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars decent enough, 1 Mar 2011
I'm a 34" waist. Large is fine. Decent running tights.
Good fit, they stay up alright, but sometimes, out running, I find myself hoisting them up a bit just to keep their smooth lines, even with the waist chord tied tight.
Keep me warm on cold days.
Pocket on the back is small, and it's only got an overflap on it. A larger pocket and a zip would be better.
It does hold my phone fine though. MP3 player would fit fine too I'm sure. Even has a hole for the headphone lead.
They aren't uncomfortable in any way. No chaffing. Good around the back knees too.
I would have liked them a tad longer though, and I'm only 5"9.
Holding up well in the wash too.

Edit April 2013: Up to 4 star rating. Still to this day, they are perfect. great leggings. Albeit a bit too short.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2012 1:31 AM BST

Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Dry Charger 1/2 Zip - Black, Large
Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Dry Charger 1/2 Zip - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars good top (edit - brill top!), 1 Mar 2011
I really like this top. Wear it out running when it's just too cold for a light sleeveless top.
I bought the large, which should be a tighter fit, but it's not. A bit too lose around the waist and arms. Hence one star knocked off. Neck and zip is handy after your run, keeps your heat in your body. It's nice and high up to the chin. I've worn it on it's own, in windy weather, held up well. Sweat wicks away, and didn't feel cold.
Usually it's worn over a running top, and serves it's purpose well on those cold days.
Drys quick after a wash too. For the money, you can't go wrong.

EDIT march 2013 - Bumped from 4 to 5 stars. I'm still using this, and I have to say, it just be best top ever. Still like new. Still dries in no time, wicks rain and sweat away. It has paid for iself, not like the Adli running gear I got a year ago. Well done Helly Hansen, I will be buying your stuff from now on.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2013 9:58 PM GMT

Nike Men's Pro Compression Sleeveless Crew - Red, Large
Nike Men's Pro Compression Sleeveless Crew - Red, Large
Offered by ETCETERA UK

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad. bit tight., 1 Mar 2011
I'm a 40" chest. I bought the large. Still a bit tight on me. I thought it would be loser.
Handy as an under body top, but that's about it. I don't think I'd wear it on it's own.
It's very long too, handy for cycling though, seeing as your arched over, it won't rise up.

Nike Men's PRO Vent Tight Sleeveless V-Neck
Nike Men's PRO Vent Tight Sleeveless V-Neck

2.0 out of 5 stars strictly for the leaner bod, 1 Mar 2011
I'm a 40" chest. Medium was way too tight. So returned it for the large. I can get it on, but still too tight.
Not very flattering to wear on it's own, unless you're built like a sculpted greek god. As an under-top, it's ok, bit too restrictive though.

Hummel Mens Short Running Tights
Hummel Mens Short Running Tights

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent shorts, 1 Mar 2011
I like these shorts. So much, I bought another pair. Great for running or as under-shorts. No chaffing at all.
I'm usually a large, 34" waist, but the medium fits fine. There's a small internal pouch, and a zipped back pocket - Safe and very handy.
Pull chord around the waste is great too. They do ride up the leg a small bit, even though the elastic on the end is tight.
After a year of use they have stood up reasonably well in the wash (under low temp). Hummel logo is disintegrating a bit and some frayed stitching though.
But for the money, great shorts.

Transcend StoreJet M3 640GB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
Transcend StoreJet M3 640GB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Great rugged 2.5" h'drive., 3 Feb 2011
It's a great job. Peace of mind knowing the hard drive somewhat protected in it's 3-layer shell (military standard protection certified). Some might say it's bigger than usual 2.5" drives, but it's still a good size, and rugged. I did buy a caselogic hard case, which is where it's spend most of it's life, and which fit's it perfectly (see pic).

I have nothing compatible with USB3.0 at the moment. USB2.0 speeds are good. Download: ~32meg/sec. Upload: ~28m/sec. From reading numerous online reviews, USB3.0 speeds will be ~90m/sec.
The StoreJet Elite software is easy to use, well laid out (quick sycho button is handy, and optional).
It comes in FAT32 format, there's an app on the h'drive to quick format this to NTFS.
You do get a power-USB cable, but I've yet to use it. It runs fine on just the USB data cable on my netbook.

I have taken 1 star off for 2 reasons:
1) USB3.0 speeds aren't best in class. This is because it's only using a 5400rpm/8m cache hard drive.
2) The cable is too long for a portable h'drive. (albeit it looks thick and built to last)

Regarding the slow internal hard drive - In time, everything will become cheaper, and USB3.0 will become the norm.
So, replacing the internal hard drive later down the line with an SSD will bring it's USB3.0 speed up to ~200M/sec.
Still no where near the "5gig" that USB3.0 claims. For now though, I'm happy with what I've got.

EDIT: after finally purchasing a laptop with USB3.0 - the transfer speeds have gone up to 90MB/s.
As I said, it's the hard drive that lets it down. It's only a 5400rpm drive. A year on, this drive still works perfectly.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2013 9:42 PM GMT

Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black
Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Black
Offered by DiscountDiscs
Price: 6.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect !, 3 Feb 2011
Great case. Not totally a hard case though, you can still bend the outer shell. Rugged construction, good zip.
Doesn't look the same as in the pic, it's got a rubber band going around it, looks good. Check out other pics to see what I mean.
The netted pouch for your cable is handy. Transcend StoreJets fit it like a glove. (see my pic)

Belkin Neoprene Messenger Bag for Upto 12.1 inch Netbooks - Jet/Cabernet
Belkin Neoprene Messenger Bag for Upto 12.1 inch Netbooks - Jet/Cabernet

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant for the money.., 31 Jan 2011
I don't think there is anything better out there for the money. It's cheap, yet brilliant. Netbook is well padded. 12" fits perfectly. 3 extra compartments, and little extra ones inside. Does the job perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10