Profile for Ewok > Reviews

Limitless [Blu-ray]
Limitless [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Bradley Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars Good movie. Blu-ray looks good too., 27 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Limitless [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Usually, I wouldn't ever think of buying a movie like this on Blu-Ray.
I leave that for movies I know I'll be visually impressed with.
If it wasn't so cheap on Blu-Ray, I wouldn't have bought it.

But I have to say, this was impressive, and visually really made a difference on B-ray.
Decent storyline, decent movie too. Bit hollywood I know, but it's good to dream.

How often I'd watch it though...hhmm..not often.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon [Blu-ray + DVD] [2011] [Region Free]
Transformers: Dark of the Moon [Blu-ray + DVD] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Shia LaBeouf
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Visually stunning. But again, has it's faults., 27 Mar. 2012
Wow, they did it again. The visuals are amazing on this. Especially the freeway chase.

But once again, they include annoying robots that just wreck your head.
And it's pretty much just the same as the others. Good v Evil. Maybe I'm just getting too old for these movies.
And Whitwiky or however you spell that name...in this one, is just really annoying.
It's a bit long-winded too, like the second movie.

But, you have to have this on Blu-Ray just to be visually amazed alone. It's stunning.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2012 1:29 AM BST

The Departed [Blu-ray]
The Departed [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

4.0 out of 5 stars Great acting, great movie, bit wasted on B-ray?, 27 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Departed [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
If it wasn't going so cheap on Blu-Ray, I honestly wouldn't have bought it. It's the kind of movie that doesn't matter whether you watch it on DVD or Full HD.
You're watching it for the movie itself, not the visuals. So in that respect, Blu-ray is not really that worth it.

But still, what a great movie! The acting is brilliant. I'm not a big DeCaprio fan, but in this, he's class. And Nicholson is world class in this. Great cast, great plot, great acting, you can't go wrong.

Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979] [6 Disc Set]
Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979] [6 Disc Set]
Dvd ~ Sigourney Weaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it., 27 Mar. 2012
For this new lower price, you can't go wrong, really, you can't. Great bang for your buck.

I know some of the later movies aren't up to scratch, but these movies look brilliant on Blu-Ray. Transfer to HD is pretty good, even on the first movie.
And you get an option of playing the theatrical version, or the updated version. Pretty cool and well thought out.
The sound transfer is also excellent, really gets the tension up while watching them.

Definitely a good one to have in the Blu-ray collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2012 1:29 AM BST

Star Wars: The Complete Saga [Blu-ray] [1977] [2011]
Star Wars: The Complete Saga [Blu-ray] [1977] [2011]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars new - old movies = unexpected results, 27 Mar. 2012
I was expecting different results on the transfer to Blu-Ray with theses movies.

As for the 3 old movies (episodes 4-6), Blue-ray was definitely worth it. Without doubt, they make a massive difference visually. And were a joy to watch again and again.
As for the 3 newer movies (1-3), what a waste on Blu-ray! I cannot see any noticeable difference between them and my DVD's on an upscaler player. Honestly, I don't see the fuss. Maybe on a big 100" screen you'd notice it, but not on my 46".

Even though I've watch these movies more than any other, I don't really care that the Ewoks eyes blink now, or that Darth Vader shouts out "nnooooo" (although I admit, it does sound dire). So, for the money, I'd buy the 3 old movies and skip the newer ones. But then, it is a collectors thing, and you just can't help yourself being the fanatic Star Wars fans than we are.

Kitchen Craft Master Class Deluxe Ceiling Mounted Single Wooden
Kitchen Craft Master Class Deluxe Ceiling Mounted Single Wooden

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job. Could be a bit cheaper though., 27 Mar. 2012
I can't find one thing wrong with this rack. It works quite well. I have it over a year now.
You even get 2 long chains so you can decide how far you want it off the ceiling.
I found one link is sufficient for the average home, so you're not knocking your head off the pots every 5mins.

It holds 6, but you could fit up to eight easily. You can buy additional hooks.
Two hooks are swivel type (for my pans), the other 4 are fixed (for my pots) - See my picture of my hanging rack.

I didn't bother trying to locate batons or joists to screw in to, I just screwed straight in to the ceiling.
And still to this day (about 1 year), there is no sign of this thing ever falling down.

I have knocked one star off for the price. It honestly could be cheaper.
It doesn't cost them much to make a product like this, but that's the way it goes.
But it's an elegant and practical piece of kit, that works a dream.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Disintegration [Deluxe Edition]
Disintegration [Deluxe Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars still the best., 27 Mar. 2012
I'm in my late 30's now, and have heard many many albums.
But still, this is up there as one of my favourite albums of all time.
I was a curehead in my teens, so I'm a bit bias maybe.

Digital reproduction is very good.
Plainsong is absolutely brillaint to listen to on the hi-fi.
And is still one of the best album intro's ever.

A must in any CD collection, no matter how old you are!

Panasonic SD-256WXC Automatic Breadmaker with gluten free program
Panasonic SD-256WXC Automatic Breadmaker with gluten free program

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Breadmaker., 27 Mar. 2012
I did a lot of research, and by far, this was the one to buy.
I've had this a year now, and it's is still working like a dream.
Very easy to use. Menu screen is a breeze to operate.
Bread is nice, but takes a bit of adjusting to your own preference (eg: the recipes have too much salt in them).
It takes a max breadloaf of size of 550g. You can chose from small, med or large bread.
The pizza dough recipe is brill. I never buy pizzas anymore, the ones I make are renowned now for being better.

It's very tall, but not as wide as other breadmakers, and has a permanent place on my kitchen counter top.
It takes up less space, so it's all good.
So the bread it makes rises tall, rather than out. Which is ok, you get used to it.
It's not a sliced pan your making after all.

I lost the measuring scoop, and it's extortionary how much they charge for one of these on it's own.
I've resorted to just using a teaspoon and tablespoon for my measuring.

One thing I will say is, sometimes my wholemeal loaves don't rise well, but this is probably down to the type of yeast I'm using. The 3hr wholemeal rapid bake won't rise as much as the 5hr bake obviously.
White bread rapid bake takes 2hrs, very fast, lovely bread, sometimes yellow in colour though.

Lots of recipes in the book. The recipe book is a cheap A4 size paged affair, and is silly size really. It gets tatty after a while. They could have done better with that, and made it smaller, and with some semi-hard book cover.

Microsoft® Office Project 2007 Step By Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))
Microsoft® Office Project 2007 Step By Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))
by Timothy Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow. Brilliant., 27 Mar. 2012
This book is brilliant.
It does exactly what is says in the tin.
Step-by-step, easy to follow directions on how to use office project.

An invaluable book in my course on Project Management.

Project Management: A Managerial Approach
Project Management: A Managerial Approach
by Samuel J. Mantel

3.0 out of 5 stars overpriced for the jargon, 27 Mar. 2012
Doing a single semerster subject on Project Management, this book was the recommended purchase.
To be honest, it's massive, and in-depth. But a bit too much. And over-priced.
I honestly didn't feel the need to use it much at all, and just mainly kept with the notes I got from my lecturer, with the odd reference to the book every now and then. So in that respect, a waste of money.

But, you do get a trial disc of Office Project 2007 - which is mainly why I bought it.
If my job wasn't paying for my college books, I would not have bought this book.

Note: there is a newer edition now as far as I know.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10