Profile for Ewok > Reviews

Content by Ewok

Ewok

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
High Speed HDMI Cable v1.4 (2.4 Meter/8 Feet)
High Speed HDMI Cable v1.4 (2.4 Meter/8 Feet)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 18 April 2012
I recently bought a different £4.99 cable on Amazon - the Professional Quality Gold one, because it looked good, but it was dire. Loose connectors, constantly losing signal. This replacement is so much better. Thicker cable, sturdier connections, albeit a bit bulky, but I could nearly swing out of it and it still stays connected to the laptop.
Longer cable length than most, and thicker. Built to last. Don't hesitate, buy it!

Epson Stylus Sx235W All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi (Print, Copy and Scan)

3.0 out of 5 stars The ink bill is through the roof, 15 April 2012
It's a good printer. Bit flimsy, cheap plasticy I admit, but it fast, and prints lovely. It's about half the size of my old Canon too. Very neat, and well presented.

There are 4 separate ink cartridges - Black, Yellow, Red, Blue, which is nice. There is one MASSIVE ISSUE though.
Once one cartridge runs out, IT WON'T LET YOU PRINT ANYTHING UNTIL YOU'VE REPLACED THE EMPTY ONE! (not even black/white). This is a common problem with Epsons that I've only now learned. Albeit not an issue with the printer, but with Epson's greed. The cartridges you get look big, but only half the cartridge is filled with ink, rest is blanked. They're only a miniscule 3.5ml each. So it's constantly running out of one colour or the next. Genuine cartridges are very expensive for what you're getting. If you must, buy the large cartridges (Apple T1295), works out cheaper on ink. But there are 13ml/each multipacks out there that you can buy (eg: Tescos-for half the price).

The Epson ink-scam ruins the experience. I'm replacing ink every other day.

Epson Stylus Sx435W All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi (Print, Copy, Screen and Scan)

3.0 out of 5 stars Constantly replacing ink, 14 April 2012
It's a great printer I have to say. It's fast, prints lovely, and well presented. It hibernates until called upon via the Wifi from anywhere in the house. It's about half the size of my old Canon too. See my pictures for its comparative size. I was unpacking to printing on my network within 20mins with no issues. Installed on all PC's no bother (Win7 64bit & 32bit). There is also an Epson Printer App you can download so you can print from your Android phone. Works a treat.

There are 4 separate ink cartridges (Black/Yellow/Red/Blue) which should work out cheaper on ink in theory. But there's one MASSIVE SCAM though. Once one cartridge runs out, you CANNOT print anything until its been replaced. Terrible if you're trying to print a B&W letter, but you're out of yellow ink! This is a common scam with Epsons I've recently learned. Albeit not an issue with the printer, but with Epson's greed.
The Fox cartridges you get are only a minuscule 3.5ml each. So constantly being replacing. Genuine cartridges are expensive. If you must buy genuine, buy the larger Epson refills - Apple T1295 - twice the ink. There are even cheaper and larger non-genuine 13ml-cartridge multipacks out there that work just fine. Recommend you stock up on spare ink if you buy this printer.

Good printer but the 'Epson Ink-Gate' scandal ruins the experience. I have it a few months now and I've spent 5 times as much on ink as I have the printer!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2014 10:17 PM BST

LINDY CAT6 Single Wall Plate with 1 x Angled RJ-45 Shuttered Socket Unshielded
LINDY CAT6 Single Wall Plate with 1 x Angled RJ-45 Shuttered Socket Unshielded

2.0 out of 5 stars better off getting the double port, 3 April 2012
For the money, it seems too expensive.
It's only a single port, with the second just blocked off. This was my fault for buying the wrong one. You're better off buying the double port.
The wiring isn't screwed in to the back, just pressed in to double off-cut blades (see my pic). I'm not really gone on that. nd you need to buy a separate back box for fitting to a wall, which is even more expense!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2013 7:04 PM BST

Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Blue) 15m
Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Blue) 15m

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent professional cable., 2 April 2012
Excellent Belkin patch cable. Approved and tested Cat6 rated and decent cable thickness.
RJ45 connectors are solid, with solid anti-snag, not like the usual anti-snag that is just a rubber cover over the clip.
Connectors are black, which makes a nice change from the norm.

Have it running downstairs at 1000mb (gig) from my Laptop to my router.
Will work on any router to PC, PS3, etc...

Iiyama ProLite E2273HDS 22-Inch LED Monitor
Iiyama ProLite E2273HDS 22-Inch LED Monitor
Offered by BoraComputer

3.0 out of 5 stars A dot too far?, 2 April 2012
LED backlit/LCD 1080p widescreen. ECO-friendly. I find the 22" perfect for desktop use. But browser text needs to be increased due to the 1080p resolution. I could have gone 24" but I just thought it would be too big for normal PC use. Screen is matt, so no sun glare off it. Frame is nice piano black.

Speakers aren't bad. There's no headphone output jack though. Just a stereo audio input jack. Comes with all cables except HDMI (DVI, 15-pin D-sub, 2.5mm stereo). Viewing angle is pretty good too. Gaming is no bother, no lag. Response time is 2ms. There is a 'game' setting, but I didn't see the need though. Monitor seems to keep up with anything I throw at it.

Desk stand is tilt adjustable only, not height. I wanted to wall-mount it anyway, and trying to remove the stand bracket took me an hour alone! One of the screws is very difficult to remove. Be prepared for some head scratching and cursing! All the connections sit vertical down towards the desk, so nothing sticks out the back. It has the VESA 100mm mounts, so any standard VESA wall bracket will work.

It does have 1 dead pixel from new. Tiny black dot, noticeable on a white screen if you look for it. Not a major deal, but I've two laptops and an old LCD monitor, and none have dead pixels. Poor quality on Illyama's part. Seems I wasn't just unlucky. Another reviewer had the same problem with 2 displays. Overall though, cheap screen if you can live with the dead pixel and awkward stand removal. The 24" equivalent is way too pricey @ £175. You can see my screen on the wall in the product pics.

EDIT Nov '12: I have recently replaced this screen for a larger BenQ 27" monitor, which I have to say is far superior and for not much more money. I was weary of the screen size for a desk, but it's amazing. 22" is not enough after all! Also, Benq monitors are recommended by pro-gamers. Very good refresh rate on them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2013 5:22 PM GMT

V7 Professional laptop backpack for laptops up to 16" Black/ grey accents
V7 Professional laptop backpack for laptops up to 16" Black/ grey accents

3.0 out of 5 stars good for the money, but protection is not great, 2 April 2012
I've a big 15.6" laptop that fits ok (see my pictures up top). Laptop protection is scarce though. Now that I've seen some other laptop backpacks in work, it really shows up how little padding this bag has for my laptop. You can't just let the bag down without thinking, more like gently placing it down and constantly carrying with care. Fitting some dense foam down the bottom of the bag might help a bit here.

Stitching seems ok. Some fabric fraying seen already on the shoulder straps after only 3 weeks though. The zips are sturdy, and the straps are a big decent size. Not much water protection I'd say. I wouldn't fancy testing it in a downpour. Comes with a lifetime warranty and the basic styling is actually quite appealling, not in-your-face-fancy.

Overall - not a bad cheap bag. But 'the ultimate protection' - this in not. Treat delicately!
For everyday use, pay more and buy something decent to protect your laptop. If like myself, only using it the odd time, it's fine.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Professional Quality High Speed HDMI Cable - 1080p (Full HD) - Ver. 1.3 Audio & Video - 24k Gold Plated Connectors 6FT or 1.8M

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap, bad connectors - stay clear, 2 April 2012
'Professional Quality' my foot!
The end-connectors are cheap, and are not as sturdy as you'd think from the picture. The cable is lose within the connector blocks, and the cable is thin.
Connections are not robust, it's hit and miss whether you get a signal to your device or not. Any slight movement, and the image goes. Very annoying!

Honestly, I cannot stress how much I would not recommend this cable. I bought the Betron HDMI cable for £3.95 to replace this, and it's 10 times better.

TechSol - TSB1 - LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket for Small Screens 15" 17" 19" 20" 21" 22" to fit Vesa 100 fitting (with FREE Delivery)

4.0 out of 5 stars works as it should., 2 April 2012
Very decent monitor wall bracket. Nice with the black coated finish. Comes with all sizes of screws to suit your monitor. Monitor sits flush about 18mm from the wall...bit wider than stated in the spec.
Very easy to install. Was done in 5 minutes. Even has two security screws to secure the monitor bracket, so no one can just lift it off.

Razer Vespula Gaming Mouse Mat - Dual Sided
Razer Vespula Gaming Mouse Mat - Dual Sided

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good on my Aimon Elite, 31 Mar. 2012
I bought this for my Aimon Elite. It's not very compatible with this mouse. Speed side is way too fast and jumpy. Control side, although a grainy rougher surface, was better. But still, I felt I wasn't getting my moneys worth. No matter what setting I chose.
The wrist pad is optional. Actually hurt my wrist after a while, and is more restricting to your mouse movement than anything else. The plastic is slightly bendable. For this money, you'd expect them to use a harder plastic.
On my PC mouse, it is a good mouse pad, so I can't knock it that much. Tracking is precise with a laser mouse but a bit rough to move on the control side. So its no better than the free fabric mat I have, and too expensive for what you're getting. It just feels like you got ripped off a bit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11