Profile for Ewok > Reviews

Belkin A3L980b15MBK-HS 15m Cat6 Snagless STP Patch Cable - Black
Belkin A3L980b15MBK-HS 15m Cat6 Snagless STP Patch Cable - Black
Price: 14.30

5.0 out of 5 stars very professional, 31 Mar 2012
Excellent Belkin patch cable. Approved and tested Cat6 rated and decent cable thickness.
RJ45 connectors are solid, with solid anti-snag, not like the usual anti-snag that is just a rubber cover over the clip.

Have it running at 1000mb (gig) from my PS3 to my gig router.
Will work on any router to PC etc...

Black 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse - With Nano USB Dongle UK Layout

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad. It's cheap, but works, 31 Mar 2012
This keyboard is not that bad, just has little niggly issues. You really can't complain when it's this cheap. Overall, you do get used to it.

Pro's:
Cheap conpared to others.
USB Dongle is compact, can be left in the Laptop. Only protrudes a few mill from side.
Keyboard good compact size, and yet still a decent keyboard layout.
No issues with signal. Works well a good few feet away. Even with my second wireless mouse plugged in.
On/off switch on mouse.
Hot keys are good. Worked straight out of the box. Like volume, mute, play/pause, <<- back, forward ->>, and hotkey to Outlook email, etc.

Con's:
Mouse is too small and light, even for my small hands! I don't use it now, back using my trusty microsoft wireless mouse - see my pictures for size comparisons.
I've either missed some keystrokes, or the wireless dongle isn't picking up my keystrokes, hard to tell which. Not great for fast typers.
Not enough angle/tilt on the keyboard back-clips. Its still too flat with the desk surface.
No on/off LED for Caps or NumLock - seems to be the norm for wireless keyboards though.
Battery LED doesn't tell me when the batteries are running low. I only find out when it (annoyingly) gradually misses more and more key strokes.

Note:
Each device takes 2 x AAA batteries - not included.
USB nano-dongle is inside the mouse under battery compartment cover.

District 9 / 2012 / Battle: Los Angeles Triple Pack [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
District 9 / 2012 / Battle: Los Angeles Triple Pack [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sharlto Copley
Offered by MediaMerchants
Price: 11.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value pack., 27 Mar 2012
District 9 is just a brilliant brilliant movie. One of the best ever.
Battle Los Angeles was better the second time I watched it on this Blu-Ray version.
I think it's because you expect so much the first time you watch it and you're disappointed.
As for 2012, I know a lot of my friends hated this stereotype Hollywood 2012 movie, but for me, it was quite entertaining.
And I'm a Cusack fan, so I did like it.

All are visually stunning and well worth buying on Blu-ray. Special effects in all of them are amazing, especially in District 9, worthy of the full HD experience.
For the money, you can't go wrong at all.

Kitchen Craft 25 cm Stainless Steel  Wire Balloon Whisk
Kitchen Craft 25 cm Stainless Steel Wire Balloon Whisk
Price: 5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money, you can't go wrong., 27 Mar 2012
It's so cheap, and it works well. What more can I say.
It's the perfect size for the average everyday jobs. Not too big, not too small.
It's a gem. Whisking Bliss.

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended Edition) [Blu-ray] [2011] [2001]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood
Price: 25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks amazing!, 27 Mar 2012
This was visually stunning. And I never saw the extended versions, so that was an added bonus. They are fantastic. Highly recommend the extended version, give more insight to the characters. It's one you just have to have in the collection. Regardless of the fact I have these on DVD, it's a must-see on blu-ray. So vibrant and crystal clear. It could be a bit cheaper though.

Skoda Fabia Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair Manual: 2000 to 2006 (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)
by A. K. Legg
Price: 20.70

4.0 out of 5 stars it's all I use., 27 Mar 2012
I've never used any other publisher except Haynes, for all my vehicles, and I've never gone wrong with them.
This is no different. Invaluable for even the simple jobs, that your car manual doesn't show you or tell you.

But I will say, they cheap-out on the paper they use. And some of the illustrations in this book are not the best.

Garmin Forerunner 305 Wrist-Worn GPS Personal Training Device with Heart Rate Monitor
Offered by Best Digital Market
Price: 109.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave home without it, 27 Mar 2012
I don't go on any run now without my Garmin Forerunner now.
Great piece of kit. Wealth of data at your disposal. So customisable too.

Connects to your PC and is very useful to see your training progress.
I did purchase the SportsTrack software though, which I find is 10 times better than the Garmin software.
And it works fine with the Garmin watch and data streaming.

I have mine over a year now, and it still works perfect, even with a few wet and rainy days.

I've knocked one star off for the sheer bulk and size of this thing.
You do get used to it, but it's still no denying it's bulky.
And it does take a while to pick up and triangulate all the GPS satellites.

Tron Legacy (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Tron Legacy (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Michael Sheen
Offered by Magic Movies Ltd
Price: 6.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Visually Amazing., 27 Mar 2012
I basically bought this on Blu-Ray for the visual experience. I was not disappointed. Graphics and CGI are amazing.
The movie itself is entertaining, I was expecting worse, as it must have been hard to remake this movie.

Sound track is brilliant, especially the bar fight scene. I would recommend it on Blu-ray, not one for non-HD DVD viewing! :)

Limitless [Blu-ray]
Limitless [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Bradley Cooper
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 7.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Good movie. Blu-ray looks good too., 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Limitless [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Usually, I wouldn't ever think of buying a movie like this on Blu-Ray.
I leave that for movies I know I'll be visually impressed with.
If it wasn't so cheap on Blu-Ray, I wouldn't have bought it.

But I have to say, this was impressive, and visually really made a difference on B-ray.
Decent storyline, decent movie too. Bit hollywood I know, but it's good to dream.

How often I'd watch it though...hhmm..not often.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon [Blu-ray + DVD] [2011] [Region Free]
Transformers: Dark of the Moon [Blu-ray + DVD] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Shia LaBeouf
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Visually stunning. But again, has it's faults., 27 Mar 2012
Wow, they did it again. The visuals are amazing on this. Especially the freeway chase.

But once again, they include annoying robots that just wreck your head.
And it's pretty much just the same as the others. Good v Evil. Maybe I'm just getting too old for these movies.
And Whitwiky or however you spell that name...in this one, is just really annoying.
It's a bit long-winded too, like the second movie.

But, you have to have this on Blu-Ray just to be visually amazed alone. It's stunning.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2012 1:29 AM BST