Profile for Ewok > Reviews

Five Seasons Superman Men's Thermal Base Layer - Black, Large
Five Seasons Superman Men's Thermal Base Layer - Black, Large
Price: 17.60

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, sizing could be better though, 18 Mar 2013
First thing you notice is how thin and light the ribbed material is. You do wonder if it is thermal at all. But for average use, it'll give you that extra warmth, like golfing in winter, cold morning on the motorbike, hiking/walking, going about the house in, general outdoor activities, etc...it's not that bad. Not true thermal, and doesn't wick sweat away like real sports layers, but for the money it's not bad. If you sweat in this, it's going to just hold the moisture, which can lead to adverse affects (making you colder!)

Sizing is a bit off too. I'm a 42" chest, 5' 10" tall. Average man's body size. I bought the large, which is what I'd generally go for. It's not tight to the body. Loose fitment around arms, legs and waist. And the arms and legs are way too long. Ends of arms and legs do have elasticated cuffs which compensates though. If I was buying another, I'd go for the medium, and have it tighter to my body, and shorter on the legs and arms.

Overall, it's cheap, and does the job for static use. As long as you're not expecting a tight fitting, pure thermal, sweat-wicking base layer. Don't hold me to this, but a smaller size than you'd normally chose would be advised.

Highlander Watch Polar Fleece Hat - Camo, One Size
Highlander Watch Polar Fleece Hat - Camo, One Size
Price: 4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars too tight, too sweaty, 18 Mar 2013
Great camo hat for outdoor wilderness use. And so cheap I bought two!
I use it for airsoft on them really cold days. Keeps my head relatively hidden while I'm popping it up and down from cover. Covers your ears. Double layered so very nice and warm. And wicks off the rain.

Problem is it's a tight fit. Not for adult heads at all, more for children I'd say. I've a mid-average adult male head size, about 57-58cm, and it's a tight fit. Fits ok, but you get a headache with prolonged use. There is not much give or stretch in the fabric. Also, it's so warm your head really sweats badly, and because it's fleece, it can't go anywhere, no ventilation like cotton/wool, your head and hair will be soaking wet with the sweat.

Just a 'heads-up' (pun intended) :)

Sanyo Rechargeable AA Battery x4 NiMH 2400 mAh 1.2 V eneloop XX F734S1187
Sanyo Rechargeable AA Battery x4 NiMH 2400 mAh 1.2 V eneloop XX F734S1187
Offered by iCell Media
Price: 11.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Last forever, better than original, 15 Dec 2012
I'm a big fan of the Sanyo Eneloop batteries. I've used them for a few years, and they still work well. Just felt it was time for some fresh ones. These new ones are no exception. They hold a much high amp per hour rating - I have a picture in the description showing them to be all around 2.5 Ah from the battery charger. This was taken the first time I charged them, now after a few slow recharges and a refresh from my new fancy charger, they're exceeding that at about 2600Ah. Mine seem to be consistently exceeding the 2400Ah rating, so unlike some other reviewers, I have no duds in the pack. My original Eneloops now only show to have a capacity of approx 1700Ah, after much use and charging on a standard charger. Where my Eneloops would last a few days of good use, these XX batteries last forever. I mean, I'm just recharging them just for a top-up and just for the sake of it, they have an amazing life. Albeit they won't take as many charges as the original Eneloops before degrading, this is not an issue, as you actually charge them less times anyway, so it's all relative. I notice they fit better in to devices compared to other recharables I've used. I also feel you should invest in a proper charger for batteries like these, to increase their longevity, as I did with the BC700.

Christmas With Perry Como
Christmas With Perry Como
Price: 4.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Brill, what a voice!, 15 Dec 2012
There are tonnes of cheap Christmas albums out there. But I feel you can't go wrong with the old greats, they make Christmas sound and feel traditional and cosy. I have 3 albums from the greats for Christmas now - Bing Crosby, Perry Como and Andy Williams. All unique, yet familiar by making Christmas sound warm and cosy with the old favourites, that really does work a charm.

The Bing Crosby Christmas Album
The Bing Crosby Christmas Album
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 5.27

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap and brill., 15 Dec 2012
There are tonnes of cheap Christmas albums out there. But I feel you can't go wrong with the old greats, they make Christmas sound and feel traditional and cosy. I have 3 albums from the greats for Christmas now - Bing Crosby, Perry Como and Andy Williams. All unique, yet familiar by making Christmas sound warm and cosy, and really do work a charm.

Prometheus (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Prometheus (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace
Offered by LuvFilmLuvMusic
Price: 10.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but not much up top., 15 Dec 2012
In theory, this should have been a great movie. The whole pre-alien thing should have been one of the finest and interesting sci-fi's to date.
Instead, I left the cinema still wondering what it was all about, doubting some of the scenes in my head, but still saying to herself - "ah it was good though".
Then I bought in on blue-ray, which I will admit, looks great (especially Charlie), but there are characters and scenes in this movie that are just wrong and not well thought out at all. Watching it again confirmed my doubts. I regret buying it on blue-ray for my collection, because even though I have every other Alien movie, this one is not worthy of the collection Yet I felt compelled to buy it just to have it. But it won't be watched often I can assure you.
Some of the other reviews hit the nail on the head so no need to repeat them, last thing you need is another rant about every dodgy scene.
I feel the next pre-Alien movie should be the real movie, that this one was just a big fancy appetizer that didn't taste as good as it looked.

E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial [Special Edition] [DVD]
E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial [Special Edition] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dee Wallace Stone
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 4.76

4.0 out of 5 stars great movie for the kids, 14 July 2012
My mates son gets me to do the whole "Elliot" thing with my knees in my shoes. But he doesn't know the reference at all. So buying E.T. for him and watching it was a real treat. Now he knows what "Elliot" is really all about, and he watches it again and again. Still a classic, albeit dated, but it's all for the kids eh!

The Complete Matrix Trilogy [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
The Complete Matrix Trilogy [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Price: 9.00

2.0 out of 5 stars No significant difference from DVD to Blu-Ray, 14 July 2012
My upscaler DVD Player does as good a job on my DVD collection of these movies as this blu-ray pack does.
It just wasn't worth buying on blu-ray. The likes of Dark Knight and Star Trek are superb on blu-ray through my PS3, this Full-HD trilogy however did not blow me away. I did enjoy watching them all again, I just feel a bit ripped off, even at 19. I have to get out of this buzz of swapping my DVD collection to Blu-ray. I should have read the reviews before buying.

Planet of the Apes: Evolution Collection [Blu-ray] [1968]
Planet of the Apes: Evolution Collection [Blu-ray] [1968]
Dvd ~ Charlton Heston
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 42.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Monkey Marathon!, 14 July 2012
Sure what else would you spend 20 on for this many hours entertainment?
I had a monkey-marathon the other night and it was great fun. Great value for money. The latest movie I think is brill, and on blu-ray is superb. Some of the old movies are naff, but it's a good laugh all the same. Some I never even saw, some brought me back. The original is still a legend movie, just not as dramatic or actioned as I remember. All in all, I think it's a good buy for the collection.

Edit March '13 - I can't believe the price of this has more than doubled since last year. For 20 it was great value, but 45, eh I think not.

Mains Powered Household Gas Detector
Mains Powered Household Gas Detector
Offered by In21 Direct
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars bit big, but works and safe., 1 July 2012
I have this fitted on the side of a cupboard over the gas hobs about 1/2 meter from the ceiling as stated in the instructions. I've tested it by keeping the gas on but no spark for a few seconds. The siren came on after about 20 seconds. In that respect its doing its job perfectly. It's siren is loud enough too. It's a bit big and ugly looking, they could easily make it smaller, but it does its job, and I don't even notice it anymore over the hob.
Safety first as they say, and this is worth having for that alone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10