Profile for Ewok > Reviews

Transformers Prime Deluxe - Dead End
Offered by the_unbelievable_store
Price: 12.98

3.0 out of 5 stars hardest transformer ever?, 5 April 2014
I don't know, I'm only in my 30's, but maybe I'm getting old. I was always decent at transforming these things as a kid. And with an engineering mind, able to work out how to without looking at the crazy complicated manual. But this toy proved to be the biggest challenge at Christmas!
The kids couldn't figure it out so I got lumbered with the task of transforming him every time. Complicated and fiddly for a childs toy if you ask me.

Red Rover Game
Red Rover Game
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- [100% POSITIVE RATED]
Price: 17.75

2.0 out of 5 stars too much like hard work, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Red Rover Game (Toy)
I got this for my mates kids over Christmas. After setting up everything, it didn't work right. Rover just wanted to go to sleep every time we wanted to play. This was annoying, but it happens. Amazon, fair play to them, replaced the constantly tired doggie with a new one, without needing me to return the defective one, which had me thinking they've had more than one complain about this toy! And going by the reviews, I'm not wrong. By the time I got the new one to the kids, the moment was gone, the kids bored with it easily, was not that challenging for them, and is just another Christmas toy that land forgot. Remember - dogs are not just for Christmas, but for life.

Golana Aqua Pro Swiss Made Mens Divers Chronograph with Internal Rotating Bezel AQ300-2
Price: 113.84

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Swiss badge' for less money, 5 April 2014
I'd been searching for a genuine swiss made stainless steel steel watch on the budget for a while. I bought this Golana Aqua before Christmas. It seemed the best of the cheap(ish) bunch. Been going well since. I would have preferred a white face, but the black face has grown on me. It's holding up well in daily manual work use. It's got a few knocks so far. No scratches yet on the glass. I left it overnight in a pint of water (as a dare!) and still works fine. It does run the odd few seconds slow over a few months, and the date has to be usually changed at the start of a new month, but otherwise ok. I can't tell if it is a Ronda 5040.D swiss quartz mechanism, but that's what the website says (http://www.golana.eu/en-zz/products/aqua/watches/aqua-aq-300.2).
With its Ronda mechanism, it means the seconds dial is not the usual larger seconds hand like on a normal watch. It's the bottom dial of the three small dials on the face. So the normal seconds hand stays stationary at the 12 o'clock, and is only used for the chronograph stopwatch. I'm not gone on this to be honest. I'd have preferred traditional seconds mechanism. Also, the seconds hand isn't exactly aligned at the 12 o'clock position. It's got illuminating dials, but thy're not that visible at night.
I got two links taken out, I don't have massive wrists, and I've no trouble with the size of the watch, it fits well on me. And I quickly got used to its weight. It's a good big solid piece of watch, with just the odd niggles to live with. If I'd had paid full whack for this watch (360), I'd be disappointed. For 118, it's not bad.

Kitchen Craft 25 cm Master Class Sharpening Steel
Kitchen Craft 25 cm Master Class Sharpening Steel
Price: 9.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, 5 April 2014
I'm no chef, but I do like sharp knives. This is my second steel from Amazon. The first been the fancy silver handled cheap one, that served it's purpose for about two years. At this cheap money, I think it's all you need. Get your use out of them, and replace them. Maybe the expensive ones last longer, but I'm not taking that chance. You'll know when they start losing their effectiveness. Steel will feel smoother, and knifes duller. This one sharpens my cheap knives very well with a few stokes. The handle and ring on the top are excellent. They may not last forever, but at this money, I can't complain.

Pegasus Health Flax Oil 5 litre
Pegasus Health Flax Oil 5 litre
Price: 26.95

4.0 out of 5 stars good for dogs too, 7 Dec 2013
I started using the 1lt Pegasus flax oil on my dog recently. Seems to be working well. Much better coat on him. Dead hair comes off him easier too. 1lt lasted nearly 3 months. So this 5lt will last the year and works out a lot cheaper. There is a date label on the bottle too, stating a best before Aug 2014.
The 1lt seems a lighter oil, and he doesn't mind it much now. This 5lt is a bit darker, maybe a bit less refined, I'm not sure.
He eventually eats his food, so it's all good. If it's good enough for horses, it's good enough for doggies too!

T&G Professional Rolling Pin in FSC Oiled Beech
T&G Professional Rolling Pin in FSC Oiled Beech
Offered by Colanders FBA
Price: 5.72

4.0 out of 5 stars simple design, 6 Dec 2013
I had purchased the granite rolling pin earlier in the year. As for eye-candy, it was nice, but function was out the window, and it was expensive. As I predicted, it rolled off the counter and smashed on me. So I bought this one. This is a far superior rolling pin. It is a bit long, and takes a bit of getting used to, but works very well. The thickness of it is the key. Rolls smoothly, and with a bit of flour it seems to never stick. Be careful washing it though. A little oil on it every now and then should keep it in pristine condition. As long as I remember not to put it in the dishwasher! :)

Grrrabana Cigar Plush Squeaking Soft Dog Toy
Grrrabana Cigar Plush Squeaking Soft Dog Toy
Offered by iSolder
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 minute - dead!, 4 Nov 2013
Didn't last. Too easy for the doggie to tear apart. Lasted all of one minute. Cheap though at 1. But I wouldn't buy another one.

Dog Verse Plush Squeaking Soft Dog
Dog Verse Plush Squeaking Soft Dog
Offered by iSolder
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap, and kinda lasting, 4 Nov 2013
What can I say? The doggie goes mad for the squeaky toys. Worth it in that respect.
They usually don't last long with him. This one for some reason is lasting a tad longer than the others.
Maybe because it's a bit larger and he can't get in to it as easy as the others. Like that cigar toy, lasted all of one minute with him. For the enjoyment he gets, it's worth it at this discounted price.

Gym Diary - A pocket sized workout log book
Gym Diary - A pocket sized workout log book

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot rate it highly enough, 27 Oct 2013
I have to say, I would not be without this diary in the gym now. I don't care what others think or say, it is one of the best tools you can have with you. I'm constantly forgetting what weights or reps I did last week. This eliminates all this totally. I started back weightlifting a few months ago. This lets you see how your progressing, and actually spurs you on to do the odd rep or two better than last week. Keep track of your dates, day, workout type, specific exercises, etc. It's just brill and should be a definitely edition to any gym goer.

It's small enough to fit on your pocket or hand. It's holding up very well after a few months use.
A pen fits nicely in the spine. There are enough segments for your exercise, weight, reps, up to 6 sets on one row.
You can add comments on your day too. The A6 size is neat, discrete, yet is more than enough detail for you.
Without doubt, recommend you buy it!

Fitness Mad Chrome Plated EZ Curl Bar
Fitness Mad Chrome Plated EZ Curl Bar
Offered by Only Sportsgear
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars can't go wrong., 27 Oct 2013
This is a standard 1" bar. And for the money you can't really go wrong. I'm in Ireland and it still was costing less than I'd pay for one anywhere else online (or in shops).
It's a great bar for curls. Really does relieve the pressure off your wrists because your slightly turning in your grip. Really would recommend it for the beginner/intermediate with only standard 1" weights. The jump in cost to the Olympic size and weights is just too great for the average home user. This works out well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10