Profile for S. Crane > Reviews

Content by S. Crane

S. Crane "samantha2730" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely 5 stars, 17 Nov. 2014
Loved it. Highly recommend and is worth all the praise. Very engaging and perfect for a long plane journey, or a sun lounger holiday - you won't be able to put it down.

LloydsPharmacy Allergy Reliever
LloydsPharmacy Allergy Reliever

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a cure but 90%+ relief, 18 Nov. 2013
We've bought one each of these and have found them brilliant. It only takes 3 minutes to use and you'll laugh at your Rudolph nose! They will only work if your congestion is due to the inflammation caused by allergies. My partner has a grass allergy ie hay fever and also gets really blocked with heat. I suffer from dust - unsure whether it's the dust mites or skin particles or something else. Alcohol also makes it worse particularly high sulphite wines. We suffer from inflamed nasal passages which block up causing puffy eyes and sometimes white mucus. This leads to breathing issues and poor quality sleep. The first week we used it several times a day, by the 2nd week only 2 or 3 times a day and after that you only need once at night or if you have an odd bout of congestion. It's not a complete cure but about a 90-95% relief - which for a £10 drug free gadget we've been delighted with. Combine it with a salty water rinse once a day (Emcur, Neilmed or similar) and it's a good way to manage chronic sinus issues and really improve your sleep quality and life.
If this doesn't work for you the cause of your problem is likely to be something other than a mild allergy - viruses, deviated septum, cysts, etc so make sure you ask your GP for a referral to an ENT specialist to find out the cause of your problems.

Premium Reusable Hot/Cold Pack With Compression Cuff
Premium Reusable Hot/Cold Pack With Compression Cuff
Offered by DONOTBEND Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well on my achilles problem, 1 Nov. 2013
I had a an ice pack but when you need to leave it on for 15-20 mins it's not practical to hold it, this velcroed sleeve is the answer.

Silverline 675194 G-Clamp Light Duty
Silverline 675194 G-Clamp Light Duty

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job I needed, 1 Nov. 2013
I put castors on my chest of drawers and then stupidly moved it whilst full and heavy so the leg split. Needed to glue it and needed a clamp to help it set. This did the job perfectly.

Breo Venture Ladies Rubber Strap  Watch Rubine Red Small 16cm
Breo Venture Ladies Rubber Strap Watch Rubine Red Small 16cm
Offered by savvybuys2

1.0 out of 5 stars Received a pink watch and not a red one, 1 Nov. 2013
It's stopped keeping time after just 3 months. Previous Breo's I owned have lasted about a year. Changing the battery does not help. It's such a shame as I love the straps as they are the only type of watch strap not to give me eczema but the short lifespan of the watch itself is just crazy!

Ladies Mini Dress Long Sleeved BodyCon Top - Teal - 12 / 14
Ladies Mini Dress Long Sleeved BodyCon Top - Teal - 12 / 14
Offered by WearAll

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as a long t-shirt for layering, 10 Oct. 2013
Bought: teal size 12-14. (Note I am normally dress size 8, size 6 in shops like Tesco and M&S and in this size this top is like a second skin)
I've been very happy for the price as it has probably been worn, washed and tumble dried around 50 times.
This top is not cotton. It is a thin manmade fabric some kind of viscose or polyester.
I now wear this at the gym for TRX over leggings - the long sleeves protect my arms from any strap chaffing.
When it was newer I wore it as a long top with jeans or leggings and chunky necklaces.
Or as a base layer under jumpers.
I'm 5 ft 5 (165cm)and it would never have been suitable as a dress unless I wanted to constantly show the bottom of my bum! But is perfect as a long top, particularly with low slung jeans or trousers coming to just under hips and thin enough that you can ruche it up a bit higher if you wish.
It would make great maternity wear in a large enough size.

Monday to Friday Man
Monday to Friday Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this - perfect easy holiday read, 19 Aug. 2012
Great easy reading book that will fully engage you. Perfect for women between 25 and 45, and maybe some men too! The characters are great.

Orthopaedic Seat Cushion Indoor/Outdoor Ease Back Ache & Discomfort Wedge Shape
Orthopaedic Seat Cushion Indoor/Outdoor Ease Back Ache & Discomfort Wedge Shape

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but stinks!, 24 Feb. 2012
This is a memory foam cushion inside a zip-off fake leather cover. It's really comfy and perfect for sitting at my computer all day.

However when it arrived it really stank of chemicals. I had to leave it to air for over 4 days in the bathroom before it could be used in the office, and the smell still hasn't completely subsided - so don't expect to use it immediately. In my experience memory foam takes around 2 weeks before losing it's smell, so I hope it will be better soon.

Upfront Opttiuuq Qvu Fingerless Cotton Inner Gloves Junior
Upfront Opttiuuq Qvu Fingerless Cotton Inner Gloves Junior
Offered by Upfront Cricket

3.0 out of 5 stars Fulfilled their purpose, 24 Feb. 2012
I suffer from eczema on my palms so I often need to smother them in greasy creams and then cotton gloves are essential. However when you're typing all day fingered gloves don't work so well, they're also hot at night, so I hunted everywhere for some cotton fingerless ones, and these were my find.

Although labelled as junior I am a normal 5ft5in (165cm) tall lady and they fit perfectly.

The elastic around the wrist is very thin and tight so I had to cut that to make them bearable, unfortunately this then makes them a little too baggy. Also being white they are very hard to keep looking respectable, even washing at 60deg hasn't helped - especially when some of my creams leave an attractive brown stain! Normally I would bleach them white again but I don't want the bleach residue near my skin so I've had to suffer stained dirty looking handwear.

Ladies Classic Knee High Black Flat Button Boots Size 7 (V1261A)
Ladies Classic Knee High Black Flat Button Boots Size 7 (V1261A)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, 24 Feb. 2012
These have been super warm for Winter, they're flat and comfy so you can walk far, and they look really smart and classy - like you paid 5x as much. Several people have complimented them and I haven't dared reveal what great value they are! Would definitely recommend.
My only concern was the covered heel as I am dreadful for scraping heels, but so far, so good!
As a vegan I don't buy leather shoes or boots and am always on the lookout for good quality alternatives - these fitted the bill.
I'm a 6 1/2 so sometimes a 6, sometimes a 7 and I went for the size 7 which was perfect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3