Profile for SimonfromCardiff > Reviews

Content by SimonfromCardiff

SimonfromCardiff

Men's Vintage Canvas Backpack Rucksack school bag Satchel Hiking bag (Coffee)
Men's Vintage Canvas Backpack Rucksack school bag Satchel Hiking bag (Coffee)
Offered by SYT Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag.......... when it came, 14 April 2014
I received this bag yesterday, after placing the original order about six weeks ago. After waiting until my lengthy delivery estimate had expired I contacted the company which dispatched it, they apologised and said it must have been lost in the post and dispatched another, which arrived fairly promptly(one week) considering it was from China. The bag seems quite well made with lots of pockets and room for a laptop, maybe a little small for me but I'm 6"3 so not unusual in that respect.

Lacor-61341-ST. STEEL EXTRA FINE GRATER
Lacor-61341-ST. STEEL EXTRA FINE GRATER

4.0 out of 5 stars Its grate!!, 26 Mar. 2014
Haha I knew you'd like that one. Sorry. Cheaper than the rest but well made and functional. Sharp and- as the title says- extra fine. So not for cheese unless its Parmesan and more for zesting citrus/grating chocolate etc.

Nutrisport 90+ Protein 5Kg Chocolate
Nutrisport 90+ Protein 5Kg Chocolate
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition

4.0 out of 5 stars Nutrisport 90+ Protein 5Kg Chocolate, 26 Mar. 2014
I'm not sure what all the whining is about. It's cheap and doesn't taste too bad. If I want really tasty protein I'll have a steak, what do you expect from powdered whey, none of them taste like freaking Haagen Dazs. The formulation has changed recently though (for the better in the taste department) which now includes SOYA, so beware if you're allergic. This mixes fine in my shaker, which has one of those springy balls in, no lumps. If your using a fork to mix at home, why are you using a fork? Even the six year olds on CBeebies cooking shows can use a whisk, or a blender(just make sure you get adult supervision). For those whining about the protein per serving (46g), that's more than your body can utilise at one time, so it is in excess of what you need you porkers. Good value for money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2014 2:52 AM BST

Skagen Mens Watch T233XLTMN with Black Titanium Bracelet and Blue Dial
Skagen Mens Watch T233XLTMN with Black Titanium Bracelet and Blue Dial

5.0 out of 5 stars Phwooar!!!, 26 Mar. 2014
I love this watch. Its my favourite and I have other watches. It makes all my other watches look like tramps.

Mondaine Sport Line Men's Watch 1 A667.30308.16SBB with White Round Dial and a Black Leather Strap

3.0 out of 5 stars I dont think its my OCD but....., 26 Mar. 2014
I wanted one of these watches for ages, I like the classic design and the distinctive second hand. As Amazon was having a watch sale it was discounted(although still not cheap) so I decided to buy one. I opened the box and although it appeared to be elegant and well made, something was not right, and it was annoying me. It was the second hand, the second hand does not correlate with the seconds on the clock face. I'm aware this does happen on other watches- though thankfully not on any of my other ones- but Mondaines distinctive look is almost centred around this prominent second hand. I sent it back, which Amazon replaced quickly as usual, but the next one also fell between the seconds on the clock face, and the third. This could be another feature of the watches design I'm unaware of however this seems unlikely. If you were to make a watch with a big red hand, I would think it would make sense if it matched with the seconds. Its literally pointing out its own inadequacy. Nice box though. So three stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2015 11:11 AM GMT

24mm Black Heavy Duty Saddle Calf Watch Strap
24mm Black Heavy Duty Saddle Calf Watch Strap
Offered by HARTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted., 26 Mar. 2014
Needed a replacement strap for my chunky Vestal Fathom. Have had this strap for nearly a year and it still looks great. Durable build and classic appearance. Matt finish(I don't like the shiny ones), and well stitched. Wasn't cheap mind but worth it to complement a good watch. Would not buy for a slim watch though as is quite thick.

Amdai Basics Digital LCD Food Thermometer Cooking Probe
Amdai Basics Digital LCD Food Thermometer Cooking Probe
Offered by Amdai Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for meat but........, 26 Mar. 2014
This will be fine if you wish to measure the internal temperature of a joint of meat, for which it is very worthwhile. However I bought it to temper chocolate which needs a little more accuracy, the display takes some time to climb(or decline) to its measured temperature so your not really measuring in 'real time', instead about a minute behind. A minute overheating chocolate(or a egg custard for example) means its knackered so if you want something more accurate go elsewhere. If its for your Sunday roast though this will do the job at a cheap price.

Master Class Stainless Steel Flavour Injector
Master Class Stainless Steel Flavour Injector

2.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen craft stainless steel injector, 26 Mar. 2014
Looks and felt fairly robust. I used it to inject fillings into cakes which was fine with the thicker 'needle'. Until the needle attachment fell apart after about four uses.

Muscleform Micropure Creatine Monohydrate 500g Re-sealable Pouch - 200 days (maintenance) supply - Fast Delivery
Offered by Muscleform

5.0 out of 5 stars Muscleform Creatine 500g, 26 Mar. 2014
Excellent product at a cheap price- quickly delivered. Granules seem to be a little larger than previous batches though as they used to be almost imperceptible. A little grittiness is standard though in creatine so don't be put off.