Profile for Richard Hill > Reviews

Content by Richard Hill

Richard Hill (Dept 64, France.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
by Yotam Ottolenghi
Price: 17.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Ottolenghi: The Cookbook., 3 July 2013
Excellent. Beautiful innovative recipes, well thought out and very well presented.
I would recommend without reservation.
A great introduction to Middle Eastern cooking.

Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 (New Packaging)
Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 (New Packaging)
Offered by 3B-IT Ltd
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LifeCam HD-5000., 12 Mar 2013
An incredible difference to the old Microsoft webcam that it replaced. I replaced an old computer for a new version running on Windows 8 and - guess what - Windows 8 was not compatible with my existing Microsoft webcam. It beggars belief, doesn't it ???
Having said that, the quality of this camera, used with the Acer HD monitor is fantastic. Auto focussing, which works very efficiently, completes the package though a complimentary set of options which allow you to add false hair and sunglasses to any picture is a complete waste of time and space.
Other than tha, this is a great bit of kit for a very reasonable price.

Acer S240HLBID 24-inch Monitor 16:9 FHD LED 5 ms 100M:1 A DVI w/HDCP HDMI Acer EcoDisplay
Price: 119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer S240HL., 12 Mar 2013
A beautiful monitor with a fantastic picture quality at an amazing price. The price was so good that I assume that they are trying to shift old stock to make way for a new model but it is difficult to imagine better price quality relationship than this.

HP Pavilion p6-2370ea Desktop PC (Intel Core i3 Processor 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel HD Graphics, DVD-RAM, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars HP Pavilionp6-2370ea, 12 Mar 2013
Having bought this to replace and older HP Pavilion, it was pretty much like reacquainting myself with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while.
Having taken a time to get used to Windows 8, I found this new friend to be fast, responsive and with quite enough memory for my usage.
The only bitch I would have is that this box came delivered with USB keyboard and mouse, rather than Wi-Fi - which was standard with the last Pavilion that I bought six years ago. Having bought a Logitech T 650 touchpad to make the most of the touch capability of Windows 8, I now have a satisfactory combination, at a very reasonable price.

Apple IPAD White-2 16GB 16 GB 512 MB 9.7 -inch LCD
Apple IPAD White-2 16GB 16 GB 512 MB 9.7 -inch LCD
Offered by TheBuzzer
Price: 289.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi., 28 Jan 2013
Having fought shy of buying an iPad for some time - mainly due to a prejudice which I am now unable to explain - I finally succummbed and bought this model for my wife.
It was extremely well priced, looks lovely and I have been unable to seperate her from it for the past three weeks. She has never been particularly technically minded but this purchase has opened up a whole new world for us.
The convenience of the iPad means that she uses it for a whole range of things that she has never before used, from accesssing the BBC Good Food magazine - we live in France - to using Skype too contact me when I was away on a skiing holiday.
I know nothing about the technical details of any electronic equipment, so I shall leave that advice to others. Suffice to say that this iPad is easy to use, easy to handle and fun to work with. We love it !!!!!

White and Tan Leather Wallet Smart Flip Case Cover for The New iPad 4 (with Retina Display) + iPad 3 + iPad 2 with Full Sleep Wake compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Leather Wallet, 16 Jan 2013
This is a beautiful piece of work using high quality materials and very well put together.
It arrived before the scheduled time, well packaged and, having bought it as a present for my wife, it gained me a huge number of brownie points.
I am a very happy buyer and will certainly use this supplier again, should the need arise.

Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Splitter, 20 Dec 2012
A neat little product, very well priced and good looking on the shelf. Some reviewers have criticised the small blue LED indicator but that is being picky.
It works well, looks good and was delivered in good time. I am a very happy buyer.

25m White Twin Satellite Shotgun Cable Extension Kit With Premium Grade Fitted Compression F-connectors As Used By The Professionals For Sky+ , HD , Freesat Allows You To Relocate Your Existing Box , Kit Consists Of 25m Sky Double Coax , 50 x Cable Clips , 4 x Connected Compression F-connectors , 2 x F-connector Couplers
Offered by MAST DIGITAL
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy twin coax installation., 20 Dec 2012
Twin coax cable that did exactly what it claimed to do. The cable clips provided were a little on the tight side but caused no major problem.

iRobot Roomba 521 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
iRobot Roomba 521 Vacuum Cleaning Robot

5.0 out of 5 stars Come back to a clean house., 7 Feb 2012
We have only had the i-Robot ( hate the idea of giving an inanimate object a name ) for a month but we love it already.
We have not experienced any problems with emptying or cleaning the robot and have found the maintenance aspect to be a breeze. We live in the south of France and so all our floors are tiled, which makes the robot's life easy as well.
Battery recharge times do not seem to be long, though I must admit that I have not paid it a great deal of attention - life is too short, don't you think ??
We love the way that it returns to its station when it has finished or when its batteries are running down, to prepare for the next outing.
The best thing about it is leaving home, switching it on and coming back to a house that has been vacuumed throughout.
I would recommend it wholeheartedly but, I think, my cats would have a very different point of view. They are convinced it is the devil incarnate and give it a very wide berth.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 12:26 AM GMT

OD6-W4 Water resistant speaker, 16.5cm (6.5"), 100W max, 4 ohms, White
OD6-W4 Water resistant speaker, 16.5cm (6.5"), 100W max, 4 ohms, White
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd
Price: 22.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Nobody read my last review, or if they did they ignored it !!, 22 April 2011
The product is fine and does the job well. My only problem is the content of the product description. I wanted two speakers and so ordered two speakers. When the product was delivered, it became apparent that they were sold in pairs and I had clearly ordered four by mistake. I raised this point in my product feedback but nobody has ever bothered to contact me about it, so I guess that this is the last occasion when I will be wasting my time giving feedback that nobody could give a damn about. Happy Easter to any of my readers who have persevered this far !!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3