Profile for Jeddie > Reviews

Content by Jeddie

Jeddie "Bright bird" (Norfolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cut and good value, 25 July 2014
This little skirt is on the short side for a skort, but it is beautifully cut and because of the built in shorts is quite modest, even when bending over or climbing. It is generously sized around the waist and hips and is altogether a neat package. I also bought a navy one, so am quite a fan now.

It is a summer weight, so washes easily and dries very quickly with little creasing if folded. Very cool to wear, even in 30+ degrees

It has 2 really deep side pockets (phone and wallet or camera) that are really useful.

Much nicer than shorts at the same sort of price ('camel hoof', need I say more?)

Berghaus Women's Technical Shortsleeve Baselayer Close Fit Crew Neck T-Shirt
Berghaus Women's Technical Shortsleeve Baselayer Close Fit Crew Neck T-Shirt

2.0 out of 5 stars therby being very useful to pack for a walking holiday, 25 July 2014
I bought this in White - 'Pure White' to be exact. I hoped that it could also be worn as a T shirt, therby being very useful to pack for a walking holiday. When it arrived, it was clearly very OLD stock. The T shirt was in a dusty, scuffed old polythene bag and the T shirt was marked with black. It took 2 washes to get this out. The fabric is very skimpy, so could not be worn as a T shirt (nipple prints!) The price is good, but I do advise you not to buy in white. The darker colours may be much better.

Goji Berries 200g from The Spiceworks of Hereford- herbs and spices- www.thespiceworks.co.uk
Offered by Happy & Healthy

3.0 out of 5 stars Just as expected in form and taste, however, ..., 18 July 2014
Just as expected in form and taste, however, 200g is a tiny amount for this price...I thought that I had ordered 300g - must be mistaken, I suppose, however, when the order came, the advice note had 300g crossed out and 200g written over it and 200g is all I got. I'll know in the future, as this gives no savings over the exhorbitant prices charged by my nearest whole food shop. A bit disappointing...

Organic Oatbran 1kg
Organic Oatbran 1kg

2.0 out of 5 stars it is good oatbran, quite floury and tasty, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Organic Oatbran 1kg (Grocery)
There's nothing wrong with the product, it's the cost! Tesco does £1.99 for 500g, so only 2/3rds the cost of this. Having said that, it is good oatbran, quite floury and tasty.

1x8 Sanyo Eneloop Mignon AA 1900 mAh (discontinued by manufacturer)
1x8 Sanyo Eneloop Mignon AA 1900 mAh (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by iCell Media

2.0 out of 5 stars Friday afternoon batch of batteries, 11 July 2014
I must be the unlucky one. I used 1 battery and it lasted for a few weeks only in my computer mouse. I then tried to charge it and it registered as 'bad' on my charger. Out of curiosity, I tried charging the other 7, expecting them to register as 'full' but they all needed charging. I feel rather cheated, as I paid for pre-charged batteries !

Adjustable neoprene knee support (Medium 35.5-38cm)
Adjustable neoprene knee support (Medium 35.5-38cm)
Offered by pro-active

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit, 29 Jun. 2014
These are highly effective supports that are reasonable comfortable to wear, but they are just so tight to fit. I have quite slim legs, but they have to be dragged on. My hands and wrists are arthritic, so putting them on and taking them off is very painful for me. They would probably be fine for a stronger person. Adjustable Velcro fastenings would have been better for me. They are very well made and fit neatly under slim trousers.

Doghealth Bi Folding Dog Pet Ramp Lightweight (only 5kgs) + free doghealth travel bowl
Offered by DogHealth - leaders in dogcare

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and fit for purpose, 29 Jun. 2014
I have a 30Kg puppy and I have arthritic hands and wrists. I cannot lift my puppy into the car. The puppy is as large as many full-grown dogs, but is not allowed to jump up and down to/from cars until his joints are fully developed (18 months) as his breed mix is liable to develop hip and elbow dysplasia if the joints are strained. I have found this ramp safe and fit for purpose and, after a few tries, the puppy used it with confidence to get into his travel crate. It means that I can take him for more interesting walks.

One word of warning tough: the ramp has a very rough surface, so don't store it in the car touching upholstery or rugs, or damage will occur.

I use it and store it in my Toyota Auris - not a huge car.

Grannicks Bitter Apple Spray 8 oz
Grannicks Bitter Apple Spray 8 oz

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm not keen but the dog quite likes it - dog 'Marmite' ?, 29 Jun. 2014
Our Golden Doodle isn't a really bad chewer in comparison with other dogs we have owned, but I wanted this stuff to spray it on the kitchen cupboards as a deterrent, as he'd had a little munch on the kick boards. After I had sprayed it (not in his sight) I found him avidly sniffing and licking the sprayed parts. I guess dogs are at least as individual in their tastes as we are, so it didn't work as a deterrent in his case

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery, Book 1)
Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery, Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is it?, 29 Jun. 2014
I downloaded this. It registered on my Kindle, but when I tried to open it - nothing! I have no idea how to retrieve it either. All other novels that I downloaded at the same time were delivered. I will have a second try, but it was annoying to have nothing to read for my long train journey.

Summertime
Summertime

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly twee, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Summertime (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded 2 of Raffaella Barker's novels following a recommendation from a respected friend.

Having read this one, I do not like Raffaella Barker's style very much. To be honest, I considered the book contained an abundance of very silly, affected, middle class twaddle, with dialogue rather along the lines of, "Look Mummy, the cat's been sick in the Beouf Bourgignon again". Unlike Jilly Cooper's similar genre novels, I found only 1 passage mildly funny in 'Summertime', there was no 'Laugh out Loud' factor.

For me, a book has to leave me feeling better off, either through educating me or through lifting my spirits. This book did neither. I will, however, read the novelist's 'Hens Dancing' book (that was the one recommended to me) hoping that I will like it better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20