Profile for Tim091 > Reviews

Dinosaur Mascot - Adult Costume Adult - One Size
Dinosaur Mascot - Adult Costume Adult - One Size
Offered by XS-Stock Com Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but too small for me at 6'1, 2 Feb. 2016
Great but, sadly, too small for me at 6'1. I have a 35 inside leg and the "feet" on this were half way up my calves! Says that it fits 6'2 but you would need short legs for that.

Easy return to the seller though - excellent seller.

Vetericyn Wound and Skin Care Liquid Spray, 120 ml
Vetericyn Wound and Skin Care Liquid Spray, 120 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, recommend use in conjunction with other remedies., 2 Feb. 2016
Used it in conjunction with Liquid Bandage and Fish Mox (amoxcyllin for fish that you can buy without prescription and use on other animals (or indeed humans)) to treat a large head wound on my cat.

I couldn't see there was any way the wound could heal as a large area of skin had been completely ripped off, but this kept it clean and germ-free, the Liquid Bandage kept the cat from "cleaning" the wound and the fish mox possibly helped any infection setting in.

All in all an effective treatment regime for a nasty wound when I couldn't afford vet bills. I was also amazed how quickly the fur grew back (a few weeks).

SMART COLLAR Cat
SMART COLLAR Cat

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small for my cat, 2 Feb. 2016
This review is from: SMART COLLAR Cat (Misc.)
Probably OK but much smaller than I needed, and they only do the one cat size. My cat is not massive (6KG) and I didnt even try to put this on him. Luckily his head wound healed without it.

Model Dinosaur Set Tyrannosaurus Stegosaurus Triceratops Utahraptor Spinosaurus Pterosaur Kids Toy 6Pcs
Offered by Uoogifts

4.0 out of 5 stars My two year old makes lots of roaring noises when playing with them!, 2 Feb. 2016
Dinosaurs! Plastic! I love them and my two year old makes lots of roaring noises when playing with them! What's not to like?

Only gripe is that they are much smaller than I expected, but of course that is my fault for not reading the measurements.

Duronic AF1 /B Healthy Oil Free 1500W Air Fryer Multicooker - Black - free recipe book - 2 Years Warranty included
Offered by DURONIC

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 2 Feb. 2016
So, you slice your potatoes to make chips or wedges. Maybe you coat them in some spices. So far so good. Then you "cook" them in this thing.

They come out slimy, rubbery and totally disgusting.

Maybe it cooks other things better but on the strength of my potato hell it has not been used since.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2016 2:21 PM GMT

Miracle Care Liquid Bandage Spray, 4 oz
Miracle Care Liquid Bandage Spray, 4 oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful in treating a large wound on my cat, 28 Jan. 2016
Treated a nasty wound on my cats head. In conjunction with Vetericyn and Fish Mox (Amoxycilin you can buy without prescription) it healed up a treat.

Redwood Leisure 1.80m Heavy Duty Folding Table
Redwood Leisure 1.80m Heavy Duty Folding Table

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 29 Jun. 2015
Just what you need. Sturdy and folds away easily.

Got it for laying out food on for BBQ parties and it is perfect.

Whirlpool Dishwasher, ADG 8410
Whirlpool Dishwasher, ADG 8410
Offered by Allgoods Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling wash results on glasses., 29 Jun. 2015
Terrible wash results on glasses. As a test I put clean glasses in, and they came out dirty!! Seriously, what kind of dishwasher is this?

Bought this because the previous Indesit was getting bad wash results and was getting pretty tired. However, this one gives much worse results!

The bottom line is if you want clean glasses then forget it. I now have to wash all glassware by hand which is a PITA.

Glasses ALWAYS come out misted/white filmy, OFTEN they come out with sand-like deposits on them. I use Finish Quantum tablets but have tried other tablets, and gel liquid. I have:
1. Tried repositioning them (including putting them on the lower rack in the Power Clean position).
2. Tried every wash cycle.
3. Tried using rinse aid (tried every setting from 1 - 6 in the dispenser).
4. Tried changing the water hardness setting (4 is the hardness for my area) from 1 - 7.
5. Tried putting the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher rather than the dispenser drawer.
6. Tried just washing glasses on their own.
7. Checked that the filter is always clean.
8. Made sure there is always salt in the reservoir.
9. Checked that the drain hose is higher than the sink trap that it drains into, and is not kinked.
10. Plumbed it into the hot supply instead of the cold.
11. Checked the spray arm nozzles aren't blocked (but it has been like this from day one).

I don't know what else to do frankly! The sandy deposits that sometimes occur suggest that it is not draining but it clearly is, and they are not always there.

I sent this info to Whirlpool customer Service and got a very abruptly worded answer that poor wash results were never due to to a technical fault but usually down to user error! Thanks for that; I am not sure what more this user could do! I was going to complain to their complaints department but they don't have one, or any published procedure (that I can find) for submitting complaints.

Avoid.

Contemporary 2 Drawer Desk - Color: White
Contemporary 2 Drawer Desk - Color: White

5.0 out of 5 stars Think Ikea, not MFI, 5 Jun. 2015
I was pleasantly surprised! This is very sturdy, which I was not expecting, and is plenty wide enough. (As another reviewer mentioned you could sit two people side by side). I suppose you could say that it isn't as deep as a "standard" office desk but that has not presented any problems. I have a laptop, monitor, scanner and stationery trays on mine and there is still space for my cat to sleep when I am working!

Denon CEOL Piccolo DRA-N5 Networked Micro System With iPod Dock (Black)
Denon CEOL Piccolo DRA-N5 Networked Micro System With iPod Dock (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very flaky, 20 April 2015
I bought two of these and after six months or so of use I thought a review might be helpful.

Firstly, the concept is great! I have a Synology NAS that holds all of our music, and with one of these in the kitchen and one in the living room the convenience is great.

However, they are flaky (probably the best way of describing them) although of course the set up may have something to contribute to the issues they show (I mean that I haven't tried another media server, or other media server software on my NAS, so this a "out of the box, coupled over wifi with a Synology NAS and Q Accoustic speakers review"). Also I have a mixture of FLAC ripped and MP3 etc.

1. Tracks will stop playing in the middle.
2. Tracks will repeat for no obvious reason.
3. A track will get "stuck" as the only track it will play and next time you switch it on again that track keeps playing whatever you choose. The only solution to that is a hard reboot.
4. They will lose connection with the network "no connection available" from time to time and the only solution is a hard reboot again. (Network is wireless, SKY router in a pretty small house).
5. Not really an issue as such but something to be aware of: when you are using the Android app to control them then the majority of the controls on the unit and remote are unavailable.
6. Sound quality: I appreciate this is going to be subjective, and obviously affected by the speakers you have, and the fact that this is not high-end audiophile equipment anyway. But the sound overall is very bland and uninvolving. There is no soundscape painted in front of you (I have tried classical, rock, metal, pop and nothing creates a sound picture in between the speakers).
7. You really will have to use them with the app as trying to use the small LCD display to scroll through hundreds of albums (with no search, or "jump to" a letter of the alphabet) is useless.
8. However, the Denon app is pretty flaky too: it hangs a lot (Ok, could be my phone but it is a brand new HTC Desire 510).
9. There are many third-party apps for Android but I have not found one that doesn't have some annoyance or other, or just plain doesn't work. There are a few apps for Windows and they have their issues too.
10. They often miss the first second or so of each track. Don't know why, it's like it buffers it, starts playing and then (perhaps) brings up the volume. Annoying.
11. It will often cut off the end of a track and move to the next, usually just a few seconds before the end - weird, and annoying.
12. Time lag on the remote is awful! You press a button (with the remote a foot away from the unit and pointing right at it) and nothing happens. You push again, you push again. Of course then it executes all of the commands! Delay is typically on selecting the media (in other words accessing the NAS across the network) so in fairness it may be the NAS being slow to respond, but it will be fine one minute and then rubbish the next.
13. When you change the volume the volume slider display sometimes gets "stuck" on the screen, Powering off is the only solution.

I guess, overall I am saying that I really like these and what they promise. The problem is that they don't really live up to that promise.

Example, I had a mate round for an evening and so an opportunity to "show off" my new tech. It was an embarrassing litany of "oh, why is it playing that? oh why is it playing that AGAIN? Oh it's locked up, sorry I'll have to reboot it and re-find the network server, oh wait, let me reboot my phone!". All we wanted to do was sit down and listen to an album in its entirety!

If you feel the urge to hear a certain bit of music and grab the remote/app you may have lost interest (or forgotten what it was you wanted to listen to!) by the time you actually get to play the thing!!!

Too complicated for it's own good I feel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5