Profile for Tim091 > Reviews

Tim091 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
6 x 7 Max - Mad Dash Bunny Tower Wooden Playhouse Including Slide
6 x 7 Max - Mad Dash Bunny Tower Wooden Playhouse Including Slide

4.0 out of 5 stars A few niggles but, overall, sturdy, safe and fun., 11 May 2016
I was impressed with the overall sturdiness of the base platform, it is rock solid.

Instructions were excellent minus a few head-scratching moments (e.g. the felt roof is one roll so you have to cut the lengths that you need, but the instructions make no mention of this).

A few negatives though:

Finish quality was a bit poor, only in respect of the fact that this is a children's product. Nails and staples were sticking out in places. I also gave the finished job an overall sand as there were a few splintery areas.

Screwing the four legs into their ends from the platform was very difficult as there are large nails holding the platform together that get in the way of where you want to drill your screwholes.

The little railing sections by the slide and ladder are very wobbly so I added angle brackets to their top rails (with some 1 x 1 inside to screw into).

The door frame (the "hole" where the door closes into) is way out of square so fitting the door is a bit rubbish.

My biggest disappointment is that it needs treating with wood preserver. I researched alternatives before I bought this one and settled on this partly because it states that it has a red cedar base coat. I looked up what a "red cedar base coat" was and it turns out to be a preservative, so I was disappointed to find that it needed a preservative applying.

My three year-old loves it and it should last him a few years (with some minor repairs along the way I should think!). I would recommend it.

DELL 450-19041 - Slim 90W Power Adapter
DELL 450-19041 - Slim 90W Power Adapter
Offered by GEMSTAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine product, 22 Feb. 2016
Cool. Genuine product and does what it says on the tin. Beware some cheap (potentially dangerous) third-party adapters.

x 10 50w GU10 50w GU10 Halogen 220-240v Light Bulbs
x 10 50w GU10 50w GU10 Halogen 220-240v Light Bulbs
Offered by STARLIGHT LIGHTING

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer lasting than others I have bought., 22 Feb. 2016
The last packs of GU10s I found lasted only a few weeks (I see that brand is discontinued now) so I was looking for longer life. So far so good: I made a note of when I replaced bulb and that was November 2015 and still going strong.

Creation Station Pipe Pieces with 4 Wheels
Creation Station Pipe Pieces with 4 Wheels

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for toddlers, and dad's too!, 22 Feb. 2016
I love it, my toddler loves is. The only downside is it is ow mostly distributed under various sofas and chairs. Not a fault of the product!

Raincover For Graco Sterling Travel System & Stroller Mode, HEAVY DUTY Design
Raincover For Graco Sterling Travel System & Stroller Mode, HEAVY DUTY Design
Offered by Baby Travel Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but a tight fit., 22 Feb. 2016
Seems heavy duty and the zip open window is a big hit with my little one. Only slight gripe is that it is a very tight fit (I was going to return it the first time I tried to fit it on). Perseverance paid off though and although it is a snug fit it certainly keeps out the rain.

Tip: fit it over the handle area first and then pull the rest of it forward finishing with the foot area.

Hot Wheels 5 Vehicle Pack (Pack may vary)
Hot Wheels 5 Vehicle Pack (Pack may vary)
Offered by Mytoyfactory

4.0 out of 5 stars Pack may vary, 22 Feb. 2016
Great but you don't know exactly which set you are getting. This is mentioned in the title so my bad, Other than that they are Hot Wheels! My toddler loves them, well, he did but they are now distributed under various sofas and chairs.

WARMEN Bestselling Women Supple Nappa Leather Winter Warm Soft Plush Lined Gloves with Elegant Leather Covered Buttons (X-Large (True to UK Standard Size), Black (2014 winter new; cashmere lining; touchscreen available; True to UK Standard size))
Offered by Sunshine Gloves

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely packaging, great gloves., 22 Feb. 2016
Christmas present for the wife. Lovely. As mentioned by others the packaging is superb and adds a "luxury" feel to the gift.

High Intensity Grade Lime Reflective Tape 25mm x 2.5m
High Intensity Grade Lime Reflective Tape 25mm x 2.5m
Offered by DIRECT PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky and hi-vis. Excellent., 22 Feb. 2016
Stuck some strips on the pram for better visibility on the nursery run in winter.

Dinosaur Mascot - Adult Costume Adult - One Size
Dinosaur Mascot - Adult Costume Adult - One Size
Offered by Character Fancy Dress

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but too small for me at 6'1, 2 Feb. 2016
Great but, sadly, too small for me at 6'1. I have a 35 inside leg and the "feet" on this were half way up my calves! Says that it fits 6'2 but you would need short legs for that.

Easy return to the seller though - excellent seller.

Vetericyn Wound and Skin Care Liquid Spray, 120 ml
Vetericyn Wound and Skin Care Liquid Spray, 120 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, recommend use in conjunction with other remedies., 2 Feb. 2016
Used it in conjunction with Liquid Bandage and Fish Mox (amoxcyllin for fish that you can buy without prescription and use on other animals (or indeed humans)) to treat a large head wound on my cat.

I couldn't see there was any way the wound could heal as a large area of skin had been completely ripped off, but this kept it clean and germ-free, the Liquid Bandage kept the cat from "cleaning" the wound and the fish mox possibly helped any infection setting in.

All in all an effective treatment regime for a nasty wound when I couldn't afford vet bills. I was also amazed how quickly the fur grew back (a few weeks).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5