Profile for Gary James > Reviews

Content by Gary James

Gary James (UK)

Playmobil 5258 City Action RC Freight Train
Playmobil 5258 City Action RC Freight Train

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great value item with the quality you expect from Playmobil, 21 Dec. 2014
This is a great value item with the quality you expect from Playmobil. The train is large, chunky, very strong and well made. The wireless operation is perfect for small people - no mains wiring and no trailing leads. The train makes engine noises (that can be switched off), has lights and a horn. The lights show white on the front and red on back and they even switch over if the train reverses, so white is always on the forward travelling end and red on the back - a nice touch. If I have one tiny criticism, it is that it's a bit too easy for a child to press the off button or the wireless binding button on the remote by mistake, but it's no big deal. My godson has it running around the Christmas tree and loves it. Highly recommended.

WordPress To Go - How To Build A WordPress Website On Your Own Domain, From Scratch, Even If You Are A Complete Beginner

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value especially for beginners, 5 May 2012
In the past I have developed and managed web sites using HTML editors, Frontpage and Dreamweaver - but that was a good few years ago. When my wife needed a new web site for her business I considered the options and settled on Wordpress, mainly because I thought it would be manageable by my wife. What I didn't know was that Wordpress was a rich web development and content management system - how times have changed! My service provider offers cPanel and Softaculous as standard, and installing Wordpress was easy - even in add-on domains. This little eBook was then the perfect introduction to Wordpress and covered everything I needed to know to get a decent web site up and running. At the price Wordpress to Go is a bargain, and I can assure even absolute beginners that you will be able to understand this guide and get your Wordpress site up and running in a day or two. Does what it says on the cover. Recommended.

Casio Divers Watch MTD1054D-1AVEF
Casio Divers Watch MTD1054D-1AVEF

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value watch, 23 Feb. 2008
I needed a watch with a bezel that marked every minute of the hour rather than just for the first fifteen minutes and this fitted the bill. Suprisingly good quality at the price - it feels solid and well made. The bezel only turns in one direction. The illumination is excellent. The bracelet is nice with a secure catch but I couldn't work out how to remove links to adjust the size (as it comes it is huge!) and it cost me a fiver to get it adjusted by a watch repairer. Even with the extra fiver I rate this an excellent buy.