Profile for John Nance > Reviews

Content by John Nance

John Nance (UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this toy!, 20 Jun. 2007
Excellent and curiously engaging toy.

It arrived the next day and was up and running within 5 minutes.

Do not buy this toy - otherwise you'll find yourself running round the house turning everything on and off. My only topic of conversation now is the relative power consumption in standby of the toaster and PC.

Setup was straightforward. You just clip the meter around your electricity cable, and tell the monitor to search for the meter. Was up and working in just a few minutes.

The handheld monitor works all over the house so you can see exactly how much electricity you're using - and work out what's using it.

In some ways it's not really necessary. We all know to turn off our TVs at night and that halogen lights are expensive to run. The difference is seeing the impact of every device. It really drives it home.

In my case, it's going to save me £30 a month because I know the equipment that's driving up my electricity bill.

Buy one!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2010 5:26 PM GMT