Profile for Care Bear Stare > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Old Glory Women's Big Bang Theory Soft Kitty Knit Juniors (Large) Grey
Old Glory Women's Big Bang Theory Soft Kitty Knit Juniors (Large) Grey
Offered by Old Glory

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this last Christmas and I still absolutely love it!, 5 Nov. 2014
I bought this last Christmas and I still absolutely love it! :-) It is very well made and knitted from high quality cotton mix so it doesn't go out of shape when it's washed. It is so cute I always get comments on it when I wear it. Be careful tho if you are a larger lady, I wear a size 12 to 14 and I ordered this in XL!!
Junior sizes are basically small 6, medium, 8, large 12, and XL 14. Hope that helps with your order.

A Whole New World
A Whole New World
Offered by Giant Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected results! :-), 31 July 2014
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
After listening to this album, I successfully have birth to an eleven pound ninja turtle, who I have named Botocelli. I didn't even know I was pregnant! Thank you Kate and Pete!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2014 10:43 PM BST

The Mountain Unicorn Castle T-shirt (small adult 36" chest)
The Mountain Unicorn Castle T-shirt (small adult 36" chest)
Offered by Find Something Different

5.0 out of 5 stars Success guaranteed! :-), 25 July 2014
I was a forty five year old long term benefit claimant, until I wore this t shirt to my job interview! Now I'm the governor of the Bank of England! Thank you Mountain and your unicorn magic sparkles!

The Mountain Men's Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee,Black,Small [Apparel]
The Mountain Men's Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee,Black,Small [Apparel]
Offered by TV Tees

5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed success instantly!, 25 July 2014
When I first heard about the magical properties of the Three Wolf Moon shirt, like many people I was sceptical, how can the purchase of a simple yet groovy t shirt change one's life I asked. Here is my testimony.

My name is Loretta, and I come from Ilford, I left school with no qualifications, and have worked as a toilet cleaner for most of my life. I dreamed about becoming an international supermodel, but as I was eighteen stone and had buck teeth and wore pebble glasses, I had to give up on my dream. That was until last year, when I was introduced to the Three Wolf Moon shirt by a former colleague. She purchased the shirt, and within a month had signed a three album deal with Sony, and won gold in the Winter Olympics slalom. What was miraculous was she could neither sing not ski!!
I had to try this out for myself, so I ordered the shirt right away from Amazon. It came swiftly, and I was so excited as it was dropped in my yard immediately by drone.
As soon as I put it on, I felt a tingle of electricity and pixie dust. That night, I sat down to watch the lotto, and all my numbers came up! I thought this must have been a fluke, but when I went out clubbing that night in my groovy magic wolf shirt, I attracted to attention of a Russian plutocrat, and he proposed marriage right away! I now live in a Beverly Hills mansion, and have a Lear jet and a private racing stable in my back yard!

I cannot recommend this product enough, it has changed my life!
The only problem is I have had to order another one, as I am now a trim size 8.

Rock Bottom
Rock Bottom
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen with childlike wonder, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Rock Bottom (Audio CD)
Being a long time progressive rock fan, and having worked my way through the entire back catalogs of Yes and Genesis, plus many more of the foremost prog bands of the seventies, it was about time I got round to listening to Robert Wyatt's solo work, created after his exit from Canterbury band, the Soft Machine. If you are already a fan of the solo output of Peter Gabriel, Jon Anderson and Fish, you will be in for a surprise with Robert Wyatt, because his music's nothing like that. ;-)
The album was recorded after his long hospital stay following his fall from a window, and subsequent paralysis. However, despite the unhappy situation, Rock Bottom is not a depressing record, instead one filled with hope, love and childlike wonder.
The album opens with what is probably Robert's most famous song after Shipbuilding. Setting the tone for the whole album, Wyatt demonstrates his " voice as instrument" vocal technique, singing like a dolphin over a sparse piano and synth accompaniment. A Last Straw takes us further into the deep, into the seaweed of her rocky bottom, before we arise to Little Red Riding Hood Hit The Road, an almost Latin infused piece with trippy drums, backward vocals, reverberating trumpets and the first of two bizarre vocals by guest Ivor Cutler.
Alifib/Alife is the album's high point, it's a love song of sorts to Alfie Benge, Robert's wife and muse. Robert sings in riddles and made up words, but the effect is strangely moving, and is one of the most emotional tracks on the album. The second act, Alife, becomes more urgent, almost delirious, and Robert recites his nonsense lyrics like a half forgotten nursery rhyme. To end, Alfie sings in response to him, that she isn't his larder, but his guarder, which seems so appropriate and lovely :-)
The final track is Little Red Robin Hood Hit The Road, which begins as an unsettling prog rock track, and becomes another absurdist poetic recital from Ivor Cutler.
This is an album best listened to in it's entirely, it's only 39 minutes long, and there is a thematic cohesion to the album, something rarely found nowadays.
If you can imagine an album of free jazz recorded by Winnie The Pooh with lyrics by Stanley Unwin, this is pretty much what it would sound like. Enjoy :-)

Going for the One
Going for the One

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this for Awaken!' :-), 8 May 2014
This review is from: Going for the One (Audio CD)
I've been a long term fan of Yes, from their jazzy beginnings to their radio AOR phase, though to tolerating Fly From Here, and I keep coming back to this album. The reason I come back is the magical Awaken, which is one of the most beautiful epic songs in progressive rock canon. It's often ignored in favor of Close to the Edge and the over egged Roundabout, but in my humble opinion, it's Jon Anderson at his New Age best.
It also marks the return of Rick Wakeman to much aplomb, and a great hit single with Wondrous Stories.

Volumes One And Two
Volumes One And Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Sit back and enjoy the trip :-), 8 May 2014
This review is from: Volumes One And Two (Audio CD)
Much has been written about the Canterbury influence on progressive rock, but it has to be heard and experienced in it's infancy to truly appreciate how cutting edge and mind expanding this music was after years of blues rock and American influenced pop.
Soft Machine are best compared to free jazz rather than the clinical virtuosity of progressive bands such as Yes and Rush. There is a richness, but no staleness, the music evolves organically from free improvisation sessions, unrestrained by rules and regulations of what music should be our ought to be.
Robert Wyatt is a prime mover here, as a jazz drummer extraordinaire, vocalist and poet.
I'd say of this CD again, an acquired taste, sit back with the CD on repeat and don't expect radio pop, keep an open mind! :-)

Greatest Misses
Greatest Misses

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect introduction :-), 7 May 2014
This review is from: Greatest Misses (Audio CD)
I would highly recommend His Greatest Misses to a new listener who hasn't been initiated into the delights of Robert Wyatt's esoteric and idiosyncratic music. There are two chart hits in this collection, I'm a Believer and the beautiful, haunting rendition of Elvis Costello's Shipbuilding which Robert is most famous for. Along side these slices of pure pop, we have the moody and dark progressive rock of Little Red Robin Hood, featuring Ivor Cutler, the humorous Eno produced Heaps of Sheep, and Wyatt's piece de resistance, the hauntingly beautiful Sea Song. Arauco, which is in Spanish shows off what a deceptively accomplished singer Robert is, his working class southern estuary accent perfectly suited to the Spanish lyric. Robert's voice is a thing of frail beauty, tho an acquired taste, one worth acquiring. In a world poisoned by the X Factor, there are few unique voices left to be heard. Robert's voice is agile and instrument like, poignant and deeply heartfelt. Recommended tracks also include his unique cover of Chic's At Last I Am Free, which is a moment of true beauty, giving this old disco track a whole new dimension. It wouldn't be right not to mention Poor Little Alfie, a tribute to Robert's wife and muse Alfie, who contributes lyrics, art and occasional vocals.
This album is a grower, put it on repeat and let it sink in, don't expect to love every track at first listen, it takes repeatedlistens to fully reveal it's secrets.

Otamatone Deluxe from Maywa Denki (Black) (Japan import)
Otamatone Deluxe from Maywa Denki (Black) (Japan import)
Offered by Hamee Japan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great musical fun, but beware! You will be taxed!, 7 May 2014
I'm a musician who works in the community, and I wanted this as soon as I saw the demo video on YouTube. It's funny, cute, easy to play and you don't need any formal music tuition to have fun with it. It is a great tool that can be used in therapy with disabled children, they will adore it. Even people with quite severe physical disabilities will enjoy playing with the Otamatone. I chose the deluxe version for several reasons, it has a proper volume control and an output jack, which is useful for recording or if you need amplification.
However, now comes the nitty gritty. I had to pay twenty pounds tax to clear this via UK customs and excise duty which was a shock. Unless you really, really want this, I'd suggest you get the basic one for your kids to pay with, it will be cheaper. I ended up paying over seventy pounds. I know it's going to get it's fair share of use, but it is very, very expensive and there didn't seem to be a UK official supplier which is a shame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2015 12:12 PM GMT

Ruth Is Stranger Than Richard
Ruth Is Stranger Than Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange and haunting, but full of fun., 7 May 2014
Ruth is Stranger than Richard is Wyatt's official second solo album after Rock Bottom, and again serves up a fantastic and appetizing feast of musical soup.
The Richard side is typified by a series of musical poems about boy scouts and brownies entitled Muddy Mouse. These are at once funny and disconcerting. Robert's frail alto voice is simply accompanied by piano on these pieces. The third Muddy Mouse piece segues into Muddy Mouth, which is a beautiful example of the ease at which Robert users his voice as an instrument. Solar Flares another example, comparable with an alto sax or muted trumpet.
Side Ruth opens with the hilarious Soup Song, in which Robert imagines himself as an ingredient in a bowl of soup, featuring the lyrics " there's a mushroom on my eyelid, there's a carrot down my back". There's more jazz with Sonia and yet another song, Team Spirit, where Robert imagines himself as an inanimate object, this time a football! The album ends jazz style with Song for Che, but no review of a Robert Wyatt album would be complete without a mention of Alfie's cute and funny illustrations which line the CD cover.
Don't buy this if you expect music that follows rules and is mainstream radio material. Wyatt is an acquired taste, but one very much worth acquiring for the vast wealth of music he has created himself in line with his own inner visions.

Page: 1 | 2