Profile for Jordan McClements > Reviews

Content by Jordan McClements

Jordan McClements "jordanmcclements" (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Starship Troopers 1-3 [Blu-ray] [2008] [US Import]
Starship Troopers 1-3 [Blu-ray] [2008] [US Import]

1.0 out of 5 stars This is the worst movie I have ever seen, 8 April 2016
This is the worst movie I have ever seen. I left the cinema after approx 45 mins. This is the only time I have ever done this.

I Against I [12" VINYL]
I Against I [12" VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't got this on vinyl. I'm not sure ..., 7 Nov. 2015
This review is from: I Against I [12" VINYL] (Vinyl)
I haven't got this on vinyl. I'm not sure where I got it from, it's on my phone (and I did pay for it :-).

I'm not a Mos Def (or whatever he calls himself these days) but this is the *best* material Massive Attack has ever had anything to do with.

wikson electronics HDMI MATRIX 4x2 Switch Splitter - 1080p Full HD - Distribution Amplifier 3D ENABLED SPDIF/ Toslink and 3.5 mm Jack Audio Output, HD -matrix 402-

3.0 out of 5 stars But what is more annoying (and not quite annoying enough for me to get ..., 2 Jun. 2015
I have the slightly older verison of this one without the orange on it (I think).

I agree that it is a nuisance that when you turn on another device, the device you are currently watching drops the signal for a few seconds.

But what is more annoying (and not quite annoying enough for me to get a replacement ordered yet) is that *occasionally* - sometimes like once in a week but very occasionally a few times in a couple of hours, the signal will drop for a few seconds for no reason at all (connected with a 5m cable to a fairly new Sony 55" LED TV.

PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)
PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)
Offered by PortaPow

4.0 out of 5 stars and then back into this charger at which point it seems to work fine (if the tab is kept turned off) If the ..., 2 Jun. 2015
It's probably 5 stars if you don't have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. If this tab is fully discharged, then it cannot be recharged with this device. It needs plugged in to the original Samsung charger for about 10 seconds (not kidding) first, and then back into this charger at which point it seems to work fine (if the tab is kept turned off) If the tab is turned on and plugged into this device you get a little 'battery is wrecked' symbol though it still seems to charge. To be honest this is a problem with the Samsung tablet rather than this device as far as I can tell form reading other complaints on the internet.
Apart from the above, it does work fine with 2 android phones and 2 tablets all plugged in at the same time and does seem to charge everything relatively quickly.

August MR220B Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound Systems - Bluetooth Wireless Music Adaptor for Car Radio / Home Stereo / Headphones / Portable Speakers - Bluetooth Enable your Audio Devices
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars But it is nowhere near as good as a Sony SRS BTX-300 when it comes to ..., 2 Jun. 2015
For the price you cannot complain. But it is nowhere near as good as a Sony SRS BTX-300 when it comes to speed of initial connection, and reliability of connection once you move your phone more than about 20cm from the receiver.

The Day Is My Enemy
The Day Is My Enemy

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album in ages, 29 May 2015
This review is from: The Day Is My Enemy (Audio CD)
Best album in ages. I didn't love it initially, but it has grown on me every time I've listened to it (about 100 times now :-)...

Kinivo HS420 Premium 4*2 High Speed HDMI Matrix with Remote Control - Supports 3D, 1080p (4*2 - Four Inputs to Two Outputs)
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

2.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly I have SKY HD box, Blu Ray ..., 30 Jun. 2014
*update - approx 6 weeks after purchase* - The box has died - all LEDs flashing like mad when you connect any of the hdmi inputs. I tried turning it off and on 10 times, changing over to the other 2 input ports from the ones I was using - but all output is totally dead from this box. No idea if this is just very bad luck or poor design/construction but looks like I don;t have the optinon of getting another one to replace the old one as it is currently unavailable... Why is it so hard to find a good HDMI switch box with more than one output?? Why.......?? :-(

Works perfectly

I have SKY HD box, Blu Ray and 2 TVs which I want to connect with HDMI without changing cables.

One HDMI cable is 17 meters long. (The other 5m)

I had previously bought the (almost identical) Akord HDMI matrix, but it refused to work with the TV at the end of the 17m cable. I really don;t know why...

AKORD® TRUE HDMI MATRIX (4 input, 2 output) SWITCH SELECTOR SPLITTER HUB + iR REMOTE FULL HD 3D 1080P FOR HDTV, Connect to TV, DVD BLURAY PS3 XBOX SKY HOME CINEMA DTS-HD PROJECTOR
Offered by Akord Technologies Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably works fine for most set ups, 27 Jun. 2014
This will probably work perfectly for most people in which case 3 stars is a bit unfair.

I have a fairly simple set up. SKY HD box, Blu Ray and 2 TVs which I want to connect with HDMI without changing cables.

The only slightly out of the ordinary thing about my set up is that one HDMI cable is 17 meters long.

This cable has worked 100% perfectly for ages when connected directly to the sky box or directly to the blu ray player *and* when connected through a cheap little 2 way switcher (which was adequate before I got the extra TV). So there is definitely no problem with the cable being too long.

BUT this product refuses to work with my TV at the end of the 17m hdmi cable.

I don't know why. I tried changing inputs and outputs over until I was blue in the face (both outputs work fine on the TV at the end of a 5m cable), but it just refuses to work.

So returning to Amazon for a refund now, and will have to try a different brand I guess...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 10:37 AM BST

Daffodil LAN03 High Speed Wireless USB Network Adaptor - N Class and Backwards (802.11g and b) Compatible Internet Adapter - 150mbps Max Transfer Rate - External WiFi Dongle for XP / Vista / Windows 7
Offered by Daffodil UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get it work with Three Mifi on 2 Separate PCs, 3 Aug. 2013
I spent 2 hours on 2 separate PCs (win 7 and Win Vista) trying to get it to work with the mifi thing 3 mobile give you (Huawei E5220). Had to give up in the end. It's quite possible it works perfectly with every other wireless device known to man...

Duronic IR815 Wireless-N Wifi Repeater Access point Amplifier / Wifi range extender 802.11n/b/g - More range for your network

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant (maybe), 26 Jan. 2013
Wish I'd bought this ages ago.

Set up was incredibly easy (using supplied ethernet cable with a laptop). Took about 2 minutes from out of the box to working 100%.

I have a Netgear DG834G router using WPA encryption. The wizard asked me for the WPA key, and that was it. Job done.

I've only had it one day, but unless it breaks in the near future this product is 11 out of 10.

*Edit* - I've changed my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars, as when I got new broadband from Three (Huawei E5220 MiFi) - it refuses to give me more than 4 Mbps (or thereabouts) when connected to it, even though I can get more like 11Mbps when connected directly to the Mifi unit from my laptop (same thing happens when connected with an ethernet cable from my PC to the LAN port). I tried mucking about with settings on this unit and the mifi for ages but to no avail...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3