Profile for K. Hammond > Reviews

The Women's Institute Book Of 650 Favourite Recipes
The Women's Institute Book Of 650 Favourite Recipes
by Norma Macmillan

5.0 out of 5 stars absolute must have, 2 July 2009
If I had to have just one cookery book (and I have loads), it would be this one. I lent my copy to someone and just had to buy another one. So many excellent, easy to cook recipes. The section at the back on prizewinners has some really great recipes. Many simple recipes as well which make the most of a few ingredients - or cupboard essential like pasta and tinned tuna.
Only criticism (and it still gets 5 stars) is that the index is not that good. White sauce isn't listed yet it includes 3 versions (under basic white sauce I think) - you just have to browse the sections, but these are very clear. I add page numbers to back cover. Great for a student off to college, or a busy mum needing some inspiration (I've got twins!)

Coppelia [DVD] [NTSC] [All Regions]
Coppelia [DVD] [NTSC] [All Regions]
Dvd ~ Carlos Acosta
Price: 24.97

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent production, 2 July 2009
A beautiful production with original looking costumes. Can't fault the dancing, but I'm no expert. Carlos Acosta is just amazing as usual. This is my 4 year old twins' second favourite ballet as it is so accessible and fun (La fille mal gardee favourite). If you want a present for a child, this is a visual and aural treat.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2009 7:53 PM BST

Angelina Ballerina - Star Performance - English National Ballet [DVD] [2008]
Angelina Ballerina - Star Performance - English National Ballet [DVD] [2008]

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent CD, excellent price, 2 July 2009
If you can't get to see the English Ballet (which we couldn't) this is definitely the next best thing. My girls (aged 4) love it. Lots of the orginal Sleeping Beauty ballet music so a good introduction to the full ballet, but cut down and made into to a Angelina story.
This seems to be the same as on the English Ballet site for 15, so great value as well.
Note this is the video of the last production not the current production I think - you might want to check.

Panasonic SD255 Breadmaker with Raisin/Nut Dispenser
Panasonic SD255 Breadmaker with Raisin/Nut Dispenser

5.0 out of 5 stars consistently makes bread!, 15 May 2009
I bought this for my mother-in-law as her breadmaker finally packed up, and she had been so impressed with the range of breads my panasonic was making. I have the older version which this replaced, but she says it is just as good - which means it's excellent! Most impressive on wholewheat - which produced bricks in my last, very expensive machine. Also try Kamut, the flour from wheat found in the pharoah's tombs for a white-looking wholewheat loaf. Never tried to make cakes, and while I miss a jam making function, in reality it produced a very small amount and I've bought a jam thermometer so it's just as easy to do it in a pan.