Profile for Caleb R. Dillman > Reviews

Content by Caleb R. Dillman

Caleb R. Dillman

Bravado Mens Karate Kid - Silhouette - Grey - Mens t-shirt Medium Grey 20624000BP Medium
Offered by MTG Europe LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 13 Jun 2010
bought it for my brother's birthday - he liked it, and it fit - not bad

The Pilgrims Progress in Modern English (Pure Gold Classics)
The Pilgrims Progress in Modern English (Pure Gold Classics)
by John Bunyan

5.0 out of 5 stars great book made easier to understand, 3 April 2010
I have already read one of the original old English versions of Pilgrim's Progress and had a hard time getting through it let alone understanding a lot of its archaic words and format and context.

Hazelbaker's updated version of this timeless classic has been done very well, with only a few words here and there needing me to look up. The added Bible References is really helpful with the added side notes in the footnotes adds to the reading comprehension.

I recommend anyone to read this book, and especially the person who has read the original.

Your Memory: How It Works and How to Improve It
Your Memory: How It Works and How to Improve It
by Kenneth L. Higbee

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 3 April 2010
I have currently read up to the seventh chapter, So I can't give a completely thorough review of it as a whole. A couple of the things this guy has mentioned I heard of before, just not on paper. I think he backs up most of his ideas with research that has been done within the last 50 years on the subject. My criticism would mostly be pointed at his grammar errors, but thankfully it hasn't hindered me from understanding what he meant to say. Worth the money I paid for it and I will continue to enjoy reading this book.

What Every Teacher Should Know About the Profession and Politics of Teaching
What Every Teacher Should Know About the Profession and Politics of Teaching
by Donna E. Walker Tileston

3.0 out of 5 stars Formatting like a manuel, 20 Mar 2010
I read bits and pieces of this book, some of it is useful,but I think it could have been written with a bit more history and maybe some subject examples. Was a little hard to read through. I would give it a score of average, unless you are the kind of person who likes to read manuals.