Profile for soobee > Reviews

Content by soobee

soobee

Page: 1 | 2
Gigaset A510A DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine (White) (Twin)
Gigaset A510A DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine (White) (Twin)
Offered by total digital stores

4.0 out of 5 stars stylish, 6 Feb. 2015
brilliant just the job. Love the changeable background colours on the display. My only down point is that the back is not white and the plugs and leads are black, spoils the overall effect.

Pink Christmas Socks 1st Christmas as Mummy in Red Ladies Gift for New Mum
Pink Christmas Socks 1st Christmas as Mummy in Red Ladies Gift for New Mum
Offered by SAYESGIFTS

5.0 out of 5 stars good gift, 30 Dec. 2014
gift for my daughter-in-law she loved em

Tiny Tumblers Novelty Craft Buttons & Embellishments by Dress It Up
Tiny Tumblers Novelty Craft Buttons & Embellishments by Dress It Up
Offered by Novelty Craft Buttons 4u

4.0 out of 5 stars ideal for "well done", 30 Dec. 2014
lovely little buttons I use them for cards and my gymnastic grand-daughters love em. I ordered them Tuesday evening and they arrived 10:30 the next day! Brilliant service.

Leaving Time
Leaving Time

3.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing to the end, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Leaving Time (Kindle Edition)
a disturbing read in some respects-cleverly done. That said, and I understand the reasoning behind it, I found the "elephant studies" tedious at times and I have to admit I skipped whole chunks which in no way detracted from the plot...

Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)
Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)

1.0 out of 5 stars might not read another..., 11 Sept. 2014
I found this book tedious, I continued reading in the hope that it would get better. The central character, Red, was annoying and to my mind reckless.She was being stalked by an ex in a very aggressive way BUT she could not be re-located as her career as an estate agent "was just taking off" oh REALLY!! No disrespect to estate agents or poor women who are being stalked, but this was too implausible for words! I didn't even bother to read the regurgitated texts James insisted on feeding us! I found most of the characters shallow and struggled to empathise with any of them. (I have never found the Bella- Ponting scenario believable).The police looked inept throughout, when it was realised that Bryce had clearly been bugging Red's phone for some time no-one thought to check her flat? I think my Roy Grace days have come to an end..I am seriously looking for other genres.

Abattoir Blues: The 22nd DCI Banks Mystery (Inspector Banks Novels)
Abattoir Blues: The 22nd DCI Banks Mystery (Inspector Banks Novels)

3.0 out of 5 stars predictable, no surprises, 27 Aug. 2014
Better than Robinson's previous book. There was less boring references to Bank's music and ( thank goodness) his, implausible, " love interest" I found the plot a little thin, but enjoyed the insight into some of the other characters, nice that Winsome got to have a quite plausible love interest!!! It was an easy read, if a tad predictable. I'll still read the next one- if only to prove myself right about the next "love interest"!!

The Truth
The Truth

1.0 out of 5 stars too long drawn out., 24 May 2014
This review is from: The Truth (Kindle Edition)
I struggled with this one! I have read this genre in the past and frankly thought the author failed to "grip" me. Not a patch on DenisWheatley! I'll stick toJames's detective novels in future.

Beats by Dr. Dre Wireless On-Ear Headphones - Black
Beats by Dr. Dre Wireless On-Ear Headphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars 70th Birthday present, 10 May 2014
I was bought some beats for christmas and love them -so I decided the wireless version was ideal for my gadget mad mate for his 70th birthday.He loves them, has used em already to listen to his playlist (mainly Quo!!) and loves the fact that he can cut the grass and still be "rocking all over the world". He's a bit disappointed that Beats have been taken over (?) by Apple but I think this product is brilliant and hope he gets lots of use out of it.

Hackney Child
Hackney Child

2.0 out of 5 stars left a lot of unanswered questions, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Hackney Child (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after seeing the author in an interview on tv. I felt she sounded to have had a positive experience of the care system -but the book (for me) did not back this up. I felt frustrated and angry on her behalf. I would have liked more on why the care home she was in had a sudden change of staff and more about what happened to her brothers as they grew up...I don't normally read this kind of book so not sure if I am being "picky"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 9:43 PM GMT

Children of the Revolution: The 21st DCI Banks Mystery (An Inspector Banks Mystery)

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 25 Nov. 2013
Not up to Mr Robinson's usual standard. Banks is no longer convincing me. The sexual tension/love interest was contrived and unnecessary. I struggled to become involved with the characters in this book. I'm not certain whether the TV series spoiled Banks for me because of who played his character (I didn't think he suited my imagined idea of Banks). That said this book just didn't do it for me. I guessed the ending early on (even to him "getting the girl")and only kept reading to prove myself wrong.
Banks needs to retire I think.

Page: 1 | 2