Profile for soobee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Want You Dead
Want You Dead

1.0 out of 5 stars might not read another..., 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: Want You Dead (Kindle Edition)
I found this book tedious, I continued reading in the hope that it would get better. The central character, Red, was annoying and to my mind reckless.She was being stalked by an ex in a very aggressive way BUT she could not be re-located as her career as an estate agent "was just taking off" oh REALLY!! No disrespect to estate agents or poor women who are being stalked, but this was too implausible for words! I didn't even bother to read the regurgitated texts James insisted on feeding us! I found most of the characters shallow and struggled to empathise with any of them. (I have never found the Bella- Ponting scenario believable).The police looked inept throughout, when it was realised that Bryce had clearly been bugging Red's phone for some time no-one thought to check her flat? I think my Roy Grace days have come to an end..I am seriously looking for other genres.

Abattoir Blues: The 22nd DCI Banks Mystery (Inspector Banks 22)
Abattoir Blues: The 22nd DCI Banks Mystery (Inspector Banks 22)

3.0 out of 5 stars predictable, no surprises, 27 Aug 2014
Better than Robinson's previous book. There was less boring references to Bank's music and ( thank goodness) his, implausible, " love interest" I found the plot a little thin, but enjoyed the insight into some of the other characters, nice that Winsome got to have a quite plausible love interest!!! It was an easy read, if a tad predictable. I'll still read the next one- if only to prove myself right about the next "love interest"!!

The Truth
The Truth

1.0 out of 5 stars too long drawn out., 24 May 2014
This review is from: The Truth (Kindle Edition)
I struggled with this one! I have read this genre in the past and frankly thought the author failed to "grip" me. Not a patch on DenisWheatley! I'll stick toJames's detective novels in future.

Beats by Dr. Dre Wireless On-Ear Headphones - Black
Beats by Dr. Dre Wireless On-Ear Headphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars 70th Birthday present, 10 May 2014
I was bought some beats for christmas and love them -so I decided the wireless version was ideal for my gadget mad mate for his 70th birthday.He loves them, has used em already to listen to his playlist (mainly Quo!!) and loves the fact that he can cut the grass and still be "rocking all over the world". He's a bit disappointed that Beats have been taken over (?) by Apple but I think this product is brilliant and hope he gets lots of use out of it.

Hackney Child
Hackney Child

2.0 out of 5 stars left a lot of unanswered questions, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Hackney Child (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after seeing the author in an interview on tv. I felt she sounded to have had a positive experience of the care system -but the book (for me) did not back this up. I felt frustrated and angry on her behalf. I would have liked more on why the care home she was in had a sudden change of staff and more about what happened to her brothers as they grew up...I don't normally read this kind of book so not sure if I am being "picky"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 9:43 PM GMT

Children of the Revolution: A DCI Banks Novel (Inspector Banks 21)
Children of the Revolution: A DCI Banks Novel (Inspector Banks 21)

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 25 Nov 2013
Not up to Mr Robinson's usual standard. Banks is no longer convincing me. The sexual tension/love interest was contrived and unnecessary. I struggled to become involved with the characters in this book. I'm not certain whether the TV series spoiled Banks for me because of who played his character (I didn't think he suited my imagined idea of Banks). That said this book just didn't do it for me. I guessed the ending early on (even to him "getting the girl")and only kept reading to prove myself wrong.
Banks needs to retire I think.

Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book 1)
Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars bought after seeing an interview on tv, 17 Aug 2013
I really persevered with this book (read 48%) because I quite liked some of the humour (which came across in the tv interview) but rather like the Thames the plot meandered and I struggled to find a firm storyline -or any endearing characters. I would expect to be getting a sense of this by half way through. Some of the characters names were ridiculous and added to the overall confusion and eccentricity. It was Harry Potter, meets Merlin, with a hint of Midsomer Murders. Not a genre I will be re-visiting.

The Reason I Jump: one boy's voice from the silence of autism
The Reason I Jump: one boy's voice from the silence of autism

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read and understand, 23 July 2013
I found this book easy to "dip" into and very informative. Having worked with children with autism it was interesting to hear thoughts and feelings from a child with autism. I would recommend it to parents, teachers and anyone who ever wondered what autism is about.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars could have been re-named Lonely Planet!, 6 Jun 2013
I had skim read at least 35% of this book before it started to get remotely interesting. The author's habit of giving a detailed guided tours of locations can be tedious. (though I would like to visit Venice since reading this book) it is after all an adventure/thriller NOT a tour guide. I did skip a lot of his "descriptive" bits and still managed to keep the plot-which was a little predictable in parts. not his best...

Bolero Tangerine Orange Bath and Pedestal Bathroom Mats 2 Piece Set 1059 - 2 Sizes

4.0 out of 5 stars tangerine dream. non-slip and luxuriously soft-is that enough for you!!!???, 15 May 2013
lovely-looks great in my bathroom-got a lot of good comments from bathroom users! i'm surprised you ever get any reviews -the process is soooo demanding

Page: 1 | 2