Profile for steven555 > Reviews

Content by steven555

steven555 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Samrick Specially Designed Leather Flip Case with Screen Protector, Microfiber Cloth and High Capacitive Stylus Pen for Sony Xperia E - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars good for the price, 11 July 2013
For the price, this package seems good value for money. My Xperia E fits perfectly into the case, and ample protection is provided by the rigid cover. The screen protector is easy to fit, and is a nice little bonus. On the negative side, the access to the on/off button on the side is awkward - extending the opening to that for the volume switch probably would not significantly affect the protection of the device and would make access easier. I can't really see the point of the stylus - it does not attach to the case in any way and is in no way an improvement on using a finger. All in all, I'm happy to have spent less than £6 on this rather than the £25 I'd have paid in the O2 store.

Colditz - The Complete BBC Collection (with 5 Limited Edition Art Cards & Collector's Booklet) [DVD] [1972]
Dvd ~ Jack Hedley

5.0 out of 5 stars And about time, too..., 19 Feb 2011
I've been waiting for Colditz to be issued on DVD for years. I watched it when it was first broadcast in the 70's (well, everyone did, didn't they?) and it more than stands up to the test of time. BBC drama was at the top of its game, then, no reliance on flashes and bangs; yes, you can go a whole hour without incidental music, whooshing sound effects, and jerky camera work, and no, you don't have to insult the viewers' intelligence. If you've never seen it, why not?

Sandisk 4GB Micro SD card
Sandisk 4GB Micro SD card
Offered by Flashmemo-Uk

4.0 out of 5 stars good value microSD card, 15 Nov 2010
This works fine with my Sony Ericsson Spiro - I was a bit unsure at first, as the Spiro's manual refers to a micro SD card rather than the SDHC. It turns out that cards with a capacity of 4GB+ are all HC. But then I expect you knew that. Contrary to some of the reviews I read here, the card came with an SD adapter, so there was no real need for me to buy one separately. A bit of clarity on that might have earned the extra star.

Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Buzzing headphones, 5 Sep 2010
I bought these headphones specifically for use with my television and my computer. Works fine through my (Sony) mini-hifi for use with my computer, but has an awful buzzing noise when used with my Sony television. My old Sony headphones did not have this problem - perhaps it's a solvable problem, but it has kind of soured me to these.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2014 4:01 AM GMT

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Offered by ENTITY-Trade Park

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little device for practically no money!, 5 Sep 2010
Unbelievably cheap, it was practically free considering the price of postage and packaging, certainly worth getting one. I have, however, already lost the plastic cap, which is practically invisible once you drop it on the floor.

Venom DSi Flip & Play Leather Case - Black (Nintendo DS)
Venom DSi Flip & Play Leather Case - Black (Nintendo DS)

3.0 out of 5 stars Flip and Play, 5 Sep 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this as I wanted to protect my brand new DSi console, which I ordered at the same time. Essentially, this allows you to slip the console into the case, which you can then flip open for game play. So far, so good. However, in order to allow this, the sides and front of the console are uncovered and unprotected, but the external camera is obscured by the top of the case. Also, the tab gets in the way when in play. So, if what you want is something to protect your console in transit, you may be better off with one of the zip up cases you can get. Having said that, it is nice leather case, albeit with white stitching (which I detest, and immediately covered with a black marker pen!) Well made, but think about what you want it for before ordering.

Portable GPS Holder Friction Dash Mount for Garmin, TomTom, Magellan GPS & More!

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical if not stylish, 1 Sep 2010
0 out of 10 for style, 10 out 10 for function. Although it looks like the kind of basket you'd find in a miniature cat's prison, it allows you to put your sat nav exactly where you want it on your dashboard without fear of it slipping away or toppling. Much better than fixing it to the windscreen, I can now place the nav where it doesn't obscure my vision. Well worth the couple of bob I spent on it.

Let's Go Italy
Let's Go Italy
by Harvard Student Agencies, Inc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredible shrinking travel book, 17 Feb 2010
This review is from: Let's Go Italy (Paperback)
We bought this book in preparation for a trip to Tuscany this year - we'd previously used the 2007 edition and thought we'd update. This edition is some 250 pages or so shorter, with many of the towns previously featured now missing. What a disappointment - gone from the Tuscany section is Cortona, Montalcino, Volterra, San Gimignano, Pistoia, Portoferraio, Porto Azzurro, and Marcian Marina, leaving us only with Florence, Sienna, Arezzo, Lucca, Pisa,and Elba. Dischuffed.

Babylon 5 -  Crusade: The Complete Series [DVD]
Babylon 5 - Crusade: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Allen Brooks
Offered by A-2-B DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars not as bad as I thought, 3 Mar 2008
I watched Crusade when it was first shown on British television, so I am not surprised to see so many negative reviews posted here. But, hey, I had just watched Babylon 5 again from beginning to end and in a fit of withdrawal decided to give it another chance. Sure enough, the first few episodes are pretty disappointing and you do begin to wonder where MJS had put his brain when he thought this one up. But it began to grow on me, and although it never gets the chance to turn into a good series, nonetheless it did begin to show potential. After all, if B5 were to be judged by the first half of season one, it would not have anywhere near the status it had by the end of season two. Anyway, not going to say any more about it, because if you hate it, you hate it, but I am glad I gave it a second chance. With regard to this edition of the complete series, however, there is a major gripe: the blurb describes it as being presented in widescreen. It's not. If it was filmed in 16:9, then it's more than a shame that it is being sold in full screen format.

Wire & Glass: Six Songs From A Mini-Opera
Wire & Glass: Six Songs From A Mini-Opera
Offered by beaches_music_canada

1.0 out of 5 stars not an album, 28 Jan 2008
it's not the album but an EP selection of six songs from the album - I shall look more carefully next time!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 10:26 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2