Profile for S. Page > Reviews

Pack of 6, 50ml Sunpet Small Red Top Plastic Food Storage Canisters
Pack of 6, 50ml Sunpet Small Red Top Plastic Food Storage Canisters
Offered by The Regent Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 27 Jun. 2012
I bought these pots to transport my protein supplements. The pots fit a 30g serving perfectly. Screw top secures well, probably wouldn't store liquid in it, but anything else is fine. Also a bargain!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price bar, 24 May 2012
Excellently priced chin up bar.

Very easy to fit, just put it in the doorway and turn the ends until it wedges in the door.

Don't forget you can only chin-up ONE WAY! If you chin up the wrong way the telescopic ends will come back in and you'll fall down - all a bit embarrassing as my cousin learnt.

It does leave marks on the doorway - but it's better than having no grip and falling down!

Doesn't come with instructions, but it's pretty self explanatory.

Fit Shake Strawberry Protein Powder 500 g
Fit Shake Strawberry Protein Powder 500 g
Offered by Best4Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Introducing myself to protein supplements, 24 May 2012
I have recently begun climbing up to 3 times a week & weight training twice a week. With this dramatic increase in exercise it was recommended that I took a serious look into my protein intake. As an ex-veggie/fussy meat eater (not a huge fan of cheap red meat & budget doesn't allow for expensive stuff!!) my protein intake wasn't the highest, so I decided to go down the supplement route.

Why I chose hemp:
- Good, but not too high, level of protein (13g, whey has around 20g)
- Slow absorption rate - again so I didn't overload my body with protein
- I didn't want to start overloading my body with masses of protein

How I use hemp:
- I started with one shake after workouts to see how my body reacted
- I then introduced one shake a day plus a post workout shake
- I now have at least one shake a day between breakfast and lunch, surprisingly this teamed with a big lunch keeps me going until dinner time if I need it to, with a whey shake as my post workout shake (for it's higher protein levels)

Taste:
- There's no denying its not great, but it's really not awful either
- I had a sample of the 'fit shake' with my last order and that is a HUGE amount tastier!
- It's a bit gritty in texture

Recipes:
- I personally like 50% water & 50% milk
- I've tried adding coffee, blueberries, raspberries, honey and all tasted good
- I also made a yummy breakfast shake with oats, milk & a banana
- Apple crumble topping - hemp, oats, peanut butter, honey

Lucozade Sport 750 ml Shaker Bottle
Lucozade Sport 750 ml Shaker Bottle
Offered by Activecare Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 24 May 2012
Good size shaker bottle - it's a little big for my needs as the shakes only require 200ml water
Excellent price
Doesn't leak (yet - I've had it for a couple of months)

Personally, next time, I'll buy a smaller shaker bottle, but that's just me.

SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black
SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black
Offered by Advanced MP3 Players

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent budget headphones, 24 May 2012
Headphones are definitely a consumable item to me (and no that doesn't mean I eat them!) - they go everywhere with me, are regularly bashed about, subject to rain, wind, dust, dropped, lost etc. My last headphones were Sennheiser CX 300 II - they were good but made far too much movement noise & fell apart pretty quickly. So, back to the Soundmagics:

Sound - for the price, very good! The better fitting buds have a very good bass response, I found the worse fitting buds had an incredibly muddy sound.

Fit - There's an excellent range of ear buds, allowing you to choose your noise cancellation levels & preferred fit. There's also some handy ear-hook attachments which I guess could be useful. Oh, and there's a clip so you can clip the cable to your clothes.

Quality - They feel very good quality for the price. They don't rattle or feel weak at all. The metal jack feels a lot more sturdy than my sennheiser headphones.

Cons - I prefer headphones with asymmetric cables so that you can run the cable behind your head... not an issue worth crying over though.

Long story short: perfect budget headphones. If you're an audio snob, spend more money.

MaxiMuscle Promax 908 g Banana Whey Protein Shake Powder
MaxiMuscle Promax 908 g Banana Whey Protein Shake Powder

5.0 out of 5 stars Banana Promax, 24 May 2012
I bought this for muscle recovery after climbing and training. It's too early to see the effects of the protein, but I definitely feel less achy and tired on my post-workout days. Banana tastes really good, might try the cookie one next!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, not made so well, 15 April 2010
Looks great!

Seam came un-stitched along one side after a couple of months ... easy to repair but not good that it came apart so quickly!

Mila Ceramic Tea for One, Strawberry Fairy, Hand Painted, Capacity 380 ml
Mila Ceramic Tea for One, Strawberry Fairy, Hand Painted, Capacity 380 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother's Day Success, 15 April 2010
Beautiful teapot set. Seems to last in the dishwasher too! Great gift for mother's day :)

Dreamscene Zebra Duvet Cover, Black/White, Double
Dreamscene Zebra Duvet Cover, Black/White, Double

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, not made too well, 15 April 2010
Looks amazing, I love it!

The Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health: More Than 200 New Recipes for Delicious and Nutrient-rich Dishes
by Moosewood Collective

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recipe book, 15 April 2010
I bought this as a Birthday present for my Dad who's recently got into healthy eating in a BIG way.

The book is full of really tasty recipes which are relativly easy to cook and not too pricey. The cooking times are also pretty acurate which is useful for busy parents like mine. It also includes so helathy option deserts as well which I haven't tried, but sound good!

Two minor points to note: the measurements are in 'cups' which was a little confusing and there are no fish recipes.

Definitely an excellent recipe book, well worth buying.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4