Profile for Peter Piper > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 301

Peter Piper
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Retevis H-777 UK Plug 1500mAh Long Range Two Way Radios UHF400-470MHz Signal Frequency 16Channels Single Band with CTCSS and DCS Function and Build-in Led Torch Handheld Walkie Talkie with Free Original Earpiece Black Pack of 2
Offered by eShow

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and surprisingly useful, 20 July 2014
I originally bought these to allow my kid go wandering off when we go camping, and ensure we can keep in touch with him.
I haven't actually used them for camping yet, but I have tried them around where we live. From inside out car in an urban area to my house, these have a straight-line range of about 500m, which is pretty good going with all the buildings and goodness knows what other electrical interference (wi-fi, etc.) about. Out in the open, I am sure they would have a further range.

They charge by simply dropping them into the charging holders. They are supplied with a wrist-strap and belt-clip for a choice of ways to carry them. There's also an earpiece provided, though I haven't had need to use that. One nice feature is the dual-colour LED: When you press to talk, the LED lights red on the transmitting unit, and green on the receiving unit. I find this very useful for synchronising conversations with my kid without having to get into all that "Over!" business at the end of each transmission. Maybe all walkie-talkies do this, but it's new to me and I like it. :-)

In summary, they work like you'd expect walkie-talkies to work, which is a bit of a novelty, because at this sub £30 price range, they are up against domestic "toy" walkie-talkies that struggle to work around a house, never mind for half a kilometre away. I love them!

Skylander Swap Force - Jade Fire Kraken (Limited Edition) (XBOX/Nintendo/Sony Playstation/PC - All Platforms)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Game exclusive character in the UK, 18 July 2014
This is one of the Skylanders variants that are exclusive to specific retailers. It's a handsome-looking figure in translucent green with gold detailing. In the UK, Jade Fire Kraken is exclusive to the Game chain of stores. Gameplay is unchanged but Jade Fire Kraken does actually appear in the game in the new colour scheme, unlike like the pumpkin-headed Eye Brawl for example.

Game have them at "buy one, get one free" in stores at the time of writing andit's unlikely to be particularly rare, so cool your jets and don't pay over the odds for it in a panic. Enjoy Skylanders responsibly. ;-)

Ring 12 volt In-Car Can Multisocket with Twin USB Socket
Ring 12 volt In-Car Can Multisocket with Twin USB Socket

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent multisocket, 11 July 2014
This is actually better than I expected, given the abundance of sub-standard accessories of this type. I love, love LOVE this multisocket! It sits nicely in my cup-holder and doesn't get in the way. I have a front and rear camera always in use on my car, not to mention when I need to power my sat-nav, my son's DS and even charge my phone. The two 12v outlets provide plenty of current each, and the two USB sockets give more than enough current for a sat-nav or the cameras.

A very useful feature of the multisocket is that it has a voltage indicator, so you get a built-in alternator tester for free. It also stops charging if your car battery falls below a certain voltage, so it shouldn't kill your battery if you leave it connected with the engine off.

It might not be something you need all the time, as I do, but it's extremely useful when you do need it. Highly recommended!

Anker® USB 3.0 to SATA 3ft Converter Adapter Cable for 2.5 inch/3.5 inch Hard Drive Disk HDD and SSD, Power Adapter included
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 11 July 2014
I like Anker kit as it has proved to be good value, managing the balance between quality and price nicely.
This Sata HD adaptor complements my old IDE adaptor to allow me to conveniently migrate data from my old PC to my new PC without dismantling my old PC, thus allowing me to use it when the new one played up during the build process.

The fit into the 3.5" Sata socket on the old HDD wasn't quite perfect, but I was putting lateral pressure on the connector due to leaving the HDD in situ so I'm not grumbling. It transferred data without drama and now sits in my PC bits drawer awaiting further use. A good buy if you have the need.

WRANGLER Texas Stretch Regular Fit Men's Jeans Stonewash W38INxL36IN
WRANGLER Texas Stretch Regular Fit Men's Jeans Stonewash W38INxL36IN

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice jeans for work and play, 11 July 2014
I was a 501 guy until age and belly stopped me fitting into my 501s and I learned that I couldn't buy 38W 36L 501s.
So I looked around and found these. In use they are nice to wear and the little bit of give the elastic gives them makes them great for working in. I have noticed no problems with their quality or fit and wear them daily. These are great jeans for tall men with expanding waistlines. ;-)

Nintendo Wii U Game Pad High Capacity Battery (Wii U)
Nintendo Wii U Game Pad High Capacity Battery (Wii U)

5.0 out of 5 stars It dramatically extends the life of the Wii U's controller between charges and fits like a glove, 11 July 2014
Cynical cash cow, vital upgrade or both. Whatever your thoughts on the Nintendo High Capacity battery for the Wii U, it really is a must have bit of kit. It dramatically extends the life of the Wii U's controller between charges and fits like a glove.

It really should have come as standard with the Deluxe Wii U, but there's no point in crying over spilt milk. If you haven't got one for your Wii U, it's well worth taking the hit and getting one.

Bike Invader Cycling T-Shirt (Black X-Large)
Bike Invader Cycling T-Shirt (Black X-Large)
Offered by Rinsed

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool T-shirt, 11 July 2014
I'm a old gamer and a cyclist, so a T-shirt that combines both is great. The T-shirt itself is nice quality and the design is nicely implemented. Fit is good and as expected. I'm 6'4" average build and XL fits me nicely. (A few good Christmas's might see me in XXL though.) The price was reasonable too, I hate to see cool T-shirts retailing for £20+. ("Old Guys Rule", I'm looking at you!)
Anyway, the design itself has proved a hit with everyone that's seen it. Fun, but understated: It's one of my favourite Ts.

Dremel 75 Piece Accessory Set
Dremel 75 Piece Accessory Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality kit at a premium price, 11 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice set, but I don't feel it offers particularly great value for money.

Of the 75 pieces, 20 are cutting disks. This isn't a huge problem in itself as they do wear and break quickly, but anyone who uses a Dremel or equivalent is likely to have a fairly good supply of cutting disks anyway. There are two large grinding disks in with the kit, which is nice to see. There's also 12 fine and 12 coarse sanding disks too, as well as 8 of the more typical sanding cylinders.

Additionally there is a 1/8 drill bit and a slightly underwhelming ball-profile carving bit. There's a few polishing disks in with the kit and some polish, which is nice to see, as well as a pair of grinding wheels (fine and coarse) and a little gherkin-shaped grinding bit as well as a couple of shafts and a wrench.

All in all It's a nice enough set, but as I said at the start, I think it's over-priced. To put it into perspective, Draper offer a Multi-tool with 56 accessories for the same price.

It's worth noting that Dremel also offer polishing kits and cutting kits which are cheaper than this, so it might be worth checking your needs and seeing whether a more specific kit would suit you better.

2.4A Output Dedicated UK Rapid Mains Charger (Lead with Micro USB connector)
2.4A Output Dedicated UK Rapid Mains Charger (Lead with Micro USB connector)
Offered by InfoTechnica

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot stuff, 9 July 2014
This is a nice bit of kit. It charges my Samsung Note 2 fairly rapidly, certainly more rapidly than any other charger I have. Note that it does get warm in the process, though my Note 2 doesn't. The micro-usb cable/connector is fixed to the charger which is a shame, as I would have preferred a seperate cable to allow me to use it to charge other USB-powered devices. That aside, I'm very pleased with it.
If you have a micro-usb powered device and you don't like to wait, this is a great charger.

Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone
Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars A big, quality bang for your buck, 6 July 2014
I bought these on an impulse "deal of the day" bargain purchase. To be honest, I've had them knocking around my den for a couple of months now as I've been happy with my old 201s.

The 202s are a very different kettle of fish to the 201s. Bass. Bass. BASS! There's lots of it and to be honest listening to the "wrong" kind of music can be quite tiring for my ears. The mid-range is fine, as it the treble. All nicely tight and under control, but that all pervasive bass just keeps kicking the side of my head and a nice, but ultimately fatiguing way.

They 202s are smaller than the 201s over the ear and are a little too small for my big old-man ears. Also the headband is sprung vice-like about my head, which is fine for sealing out external noise, but not so nice to press against the arms of my glasses and my ears.

So I took them off and tried my 201s again. For about 10 seconds before I put my 202s on again and reveled in the big jump in sound quality from the 201s. Way, way way better. :-)

The 202s are not perfect, but they are excellent in this price range. The money has clearly been spent where it counts. Slightly larger cushions over my ears and a less vice-like grip on my head would make them even better. I can dial down the bass a little in VLC.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20