Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets to places you can't reach, 4 Dec. 2010
I bought this as it was mentioned in the Frozen Shoulder Handbook. It was helpful in getting to trigger points that I couldn't reach and it does allow for the right pressure to be applied. I think if you have limited mobility then this would be very useful. I found that using a tennis ball was just as good, but didn't give as good as pressure as the Thera cane. The Thera cane is more precise in locating points. Any pressure that's applied on Trigger points isn't pain free, but at least there's gadgets like this that's out there to help.

The Frozen Shoulder Workbook: Trigger Point Therapy for Overcoming Pain & Regaining Range of Motion: Trigger Point Therapy for Overcoming Pain and Regaining Range of Motion
by Clair Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars Great detail, 4 Dec. 2010
I bought this book out of desperation as I was in agony with Frozen Shoulder. It does take sometime to read and get your head around the technical stuff, and I found myself going over it quite a few times, but as I couldn't move with pain I gave it the time it needed. You can jump chapters and get straight to the necessary bits, but I think it's worth reading it all to get the whole picture. I found the tennis ball treatments to be worth buying the book for. I also bought the Theta cane to help locate the trigger points, but found the tennis ball to be just as good. You have to get used to the idea that you will have to do the exercises daily, constantly and it's painful, but Frozen shoulder is agony no matter what you do or don't do. I can say that I did find it helpful, but I also had 3 treatments with a Chiropractor who knew exactly how to hit the trigger points and that made a huge difference. My pain has now gone but my arm is still "stuck", I was hoping that like the author, I could get my arm working and functioning like normal within weeks, but it's now nearly 5 months since my shoulder Froze and it hasn't budged, but I'm glad that I bought this book as it did help me a lot.

Karrimor Ksb Orkney III Weathertite, Women High Rise Hiking Shoes, Brown (Brown), 7 UK (41 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, 4 Dec. 2010
I have only worn these boots a few times, but have put them through very muddy and wet conditions. So far they lived up to being waterproof and very comfortable. The only problem I have is that on the left ankle the cuff of the boot tends to rub and it's quite uncomfortable, but that may have something to do with my gait. A good solid boot, that in my opinion is worth the money.

Quantum Success: The Astounding Science of Wealth and Happiness
Quantum Success: The Astounding Science of Wealth and Happiness
by Sandra Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a Read, 12 April 2010
I liked this book. It's such a positive read. A lot of what the author says makes a lot of sense. I found it spiritual, without being too preachy.
An inspirational read for anyone looking for a new outlook or take on life.
I put into practice a lot of what the author was saying and found that it does actually work. As far as books about the Law of Attraction go, of which I've read a few, I've found this to be amongst one of the best.
The author has a genuine way of putting her points across of which it seems that she actually practices what she preaches.
Worth a read.

The Luck Factor: The Scientific Study of the Lucky Mind
The Luck Factor: The Scientific Study of the Lucky Mind
by Richard Wiseman

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 24 Feb. 2010
A good read, without being too taxing.
I've read other books by Professor Wiseman. He writes in a concise knowledgable way. Found his book on Quirkology more interesting which also covers some of the content of this book. Thought his book 59 Seconds, Think a little change a lot was the best.

Straight On Till Morning: The Life Of Beryl Markham
Straight On Till Morning: The Life Of Beryl Markham
by Mary S. Lovell

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 24 Feb. 2010
I thought this would be a boring read, but it was quite the contrary.
What a remarkable woman she was. I found this book gave a good insight into a bygone age of how the privliged class lived. I think there's a lot of lessons in there somewhere. Yes, it really was an unreal world for the titled and privileged few, but having read similar books of the rich and titled in an eara of Empire, I think what money, rank and privilege gave them, they lost out on the bigger picture of life. For all they had, none of them seemed contended or happy, and NEVER satisfied.Definitely worth a read.

God on Mute: Engaging the Silence of Unanswered Prayer
God on Mute: Engaging the Silence of Unanswered Prayer
by Pete Greig

4.0 out of 5 stars Helping to understand, 24 Feb. 2010
I consider myself as on a path to Christianity, but have struggled with so many unanswered questions. Like everyone everywhere it's hard to understand a God that can allow so much suffering, but having read God on Mute, I found that a lot of what the author said made sense and went some way at least to understanding how God can be perceived in our world. I have seen Peter Greig talk at many church meetings and he is a genuine positive man. This book definitely helped me to come to terms with some of the questions of life. It's a deeply moving book. It also made me appreciate that whilst sometimes we think we are isolated and alone in dealing with our thoughts and problems, we are in fact just one of many in the same boat. I'd definitely recommend this book, if like me you are still looking for some sort of answers to the bigger questions of life.........Another book that I'd recommend if you're looking for insight is "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch.

Q-Link Triangle Acrylic SRT-3 Pendant - White
Q-Link Triangle Acrylic SRT-3 Pendant - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Sceptical at first.........., 21 Jan. 2010
I bought this pendant out of desperation to help improve my sleep patterns and because I spend many hours a day in front of my PC I have always had this niggling doubt that whatever emissions a pc throws out can't really be good for my health.
I also have a tendency to fly off the handle at things and am very impulsive.
So I felt compelled to give the pendant a try.
After wearing it for a few weeks now, I have to say that I have been sleeping better and deeper and I've noticed that I can remember a lot of vivid dreams on waking. I do feel more calm about things especially in situations that I would normally lose my temper, but I don't know if that's psychosomatic or not!
I have to say that overall I do feel better for wearing it, so I wont be sending it back. That's another plus point for it: you have a chance to try it out and if not happy you get your money back.
I don't know if it will work for everyone, but for myself I think it has helped.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4