Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Mr Baldyhead" (Darkest Lancashire)

100 Greatest Cycling Climbs: A Road Cyclist's Guide to Britain's Hills
100 Greatest Cycling Climbs: A Road Cyclist's Guide to Britain's Hills
by Simon Warren
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational little book, 11 Jun 2010
Coming back to cycling after atwenty month lay off due to illness, I treated myself to this book. I live in the North West of England and as such have the pleasure of having a few of these climbs on my doorstep. Although I've done quite a few of them before I've found the book is good at helping me to decide where a days ride should be.

It's a lovely perfectly sized book, with the authors passion for climbing really shining through. I loved the line about climbs being the stadia for cyclists. As previously mentioned by other reviewers the tick list is a great little touch and although I've done most of my local climbs a few times I'm not ticking them off until I've done them again.

One slight addition that would maybe have been helpful, would've been the inclusion of a list of contact numbers for tourist information, hostels etc for each region although this info is available on the internet it would be handy having it all in one place if you are planning a trip away to visit any of the locations.

Oh and there is a mistake on Hardknott and Wrynose passes. Jubilee Bridge is to the West of Hardknott and Fellfoot Farm is to the East of Wyrnose. A simple mistake but would mean that you haven't done the climbs intended if you followed the directions in the book.

Other than that one of the best cycling guides I've seen in years.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2010 12:37 PM BST

Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Global Xpress
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Over rated, 15 Jan 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Having succumed to the hype about this game, I was left very underwhelmed. The game seems to take an age before you get going and once you do I found it very very repetative. You spend a large percentage of your gaming time in very dark enviroments, battling creatures/raiders that all look very similar. The interactions with other charactors seems to be almost identical to Oblivion in style, which is quite dated these days.

Having completed several side quests and a good chunk of the main storyline notching up 20-30 hours of gameplay I gave up. I just couldn't get into the game, mainly because of the much vaunted combat system. At one point during the main quest you're faced with three mercs. Despite planting several landmines and the cutaway clip showing me hitting them with several shots to the head, they hardly registered any damage. Trying to shot in first person is awful, and you very quickly spend a lot of your time replaying the same set peices over and over again.

If your a massive rpg fan and love spending your time wandering around dark tunnels and travelling large distances to collect this or deliver that, then you'll love this game. However if not then I'd steer clear, as I found the experience quite dull.