Profile for lizzy > Reviews

Content by lizzy

lizzy

Beat Beat Beat - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky Mick & Tich, The Troggs [1966] [DVD] [2008] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Various Artists

5.0 out of 5 stars trip down memory lane, 20 Feb. 2013
Very good value for a 'trip down memory lane'. Also a very thrifty and interesting way of introducing the younger members of the family to our great bands of the 60's and 70's.

The Dream of Rome
The Dream of Rome
by Boris Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream of Rome, 7 May 2012
This review is from: The Dream of Rome (Hardcover)
Having coming across this book in my local library I was so impressed I bought copies from Amazon for two of my daughters. I thought I'd read everything possible on this subject but Boris puts a completely different slant on the topic and I almost completed it in one sitting as I found it so concise and literally could not put it down. The only thing that spoils it is the picture of Boris on the front cover (I would have preferred something more pertinent to Rome) but that's a small price to pay for such an interesting work.