Profile for D. Bromley > Reviews

Content by D. Bromley

D. Bromley (Bedford, Beds United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Bergamot Essential Oil - 10ml - 100% Pure
Bergamot Essential Oil - 10ml - 100% Pure
Offered by Mystic-Moments
Price: 1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly as i wanted, 6 April 2014
Good oil, good added to tea to make it more Earl Grey than the plain old tea they sell in bags

The Hypnotist's Love Story
The Hypnotist's Love Story
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So well done, great book, 1 Feb 2014
I am a hypnotherapist and this book is so accurate re the way she describes hypnosis and therapy so it felt really authentic, and interesting as well. The plot - really fun but serious too. thoroughly enjoyable. A must read by a top author.

One Pink Line
One Pink Line
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and fun, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: One Pink Line (Kindle Edition)
Not my usual read but it was sufficiently well written and enjoyable to make me want to keep reading it. The way teenage minds work was done well and I suspected the end, very satisfying.

Cupcakes at Carrington's (Carrington's)
Cupcakes at Carrington's (Carrington's)
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Just dull, 1 Feb 2014
No idea why these books are being published. Sorry! just not interesting enough. I didn't finish it and that's unusual.

What Alice Forgot
What Alice Forgot
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars How good is this? fantastic!, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: What Alice Forgot (Kindle Edition)
This book reveals itself quite slowly, keeping you in suspense, but for me, although Alice's journey was fascinating, the story of her sister was also what made me love the book. And the ending! I blubbed then read it again. Awwwww!

The Last Anniversary: AND Three Wishes
The Last Anniversary: AND Three Wishes
by Liane Moriarty

5.0 out of 5 stars So good and so well written, 1 Feb 2014
This is my new top author, I loved What Alice Forgot, the Hypnotists Love Story and The Husband's Secret. I love the detail and characterisation. A pleasure to read and lots of plot strands to get your teeth into. I wish I could write like this!

Mind Tryst
Mind Tryst
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Tense and thrilling, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mind Tryst (Kindle Edition)
I am a big fan of Robyn Carr and this is not her usual subject matter - but I wish she would write more! She keeps you guessing all the way through with a really scary end (no spoilers though...) and I was shocked, yet the book and its ending were satisfying. Its makes you ask - what would I do if this happened to me?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best moisturiser, 30 Jan 2011
This cream is to be used with the treatment lotion containing coal tar. My dermatologist keeps giving me different moisturisers (Cetraban is OK) but I bought this when feeling pretty low and bought 250ml of the lotion too. I find it gets rid of the psoriasis when the lotion is used as directed which is 3 times per day, any less and it doesn't seem to be effective. The moisturiser is just heavenly for psoriasis when used after the lotion and any time you feel dry and itchy. It is thick, a mix of oily but creamy as well and is just right for psoriasis. It would be too greasy for just dry skin.So the two together equals relief from the dry itch and perhaps from the psoriasis too.

Wish You Were Here
Wish You Were Here
by Mike Gayle

1.0 out of 5 stars utter rubbish, 19 Nov 2007
This review is from: Wish You Were Here (Paperback)
This book is a testimony to the junk many publishing houses think we - the public - will lap up if the cover is pretty enough. All who gave this the OK at the editorial meeting should be sacked. It seriously made me feel like starting a website for those readers who feel swindled out of their money. With any other product you can take it back and get a refund if it doesn't do what it says on the tin, but not with books. Although maybe I should try it. A few Mrs Angry rants at my local Waterstones would probably get me in the newspapers.

One last question - whatever makes journalists think they can write novels?? Answers on a postcard
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2008 1:50 PM GMT

Julie Andrews: An Intimate Biography
Julie Andrews: An Intimate Biography
by Richard Stirling

1.0 out of 5 stars dreadful, 19 Nov 2007
I can't believe anybody thinks this is a good read. How it ever got past a half decent ediitor I will never know. It clunks from paragraph to paragraph. No wonder the divine Miss Andrews was not happy about it

Page: 1 | 2