Profile for Elaine M. Drake > Reviews

Content by Elaine M. Drake

Elaine M. Drake (Dorset UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Wolf Hall (Basic)
Wolf Hall (Basic)
by Hilary Mantel
Price: 18.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what my Mum needed, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Basic) (Hardcover)
The paper is lovely, it isn't as massive as I thought it would be considering the length of the manuscript, not too heavy either. My Mum was delighted to be able to read this highly acclaimed book and I suspect I will have to get her 'Bring up the Bodies ' too! I wish she would get a computer and do her own shopping!!!

Jake Bugg
Jake Bugg
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My car is getting bored with this but I am not!, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jake Bugg (Audio CD)
I saw this chap on Jules Holland at new year and ordered immediately, and I do mean that, New Years Eve, late evening, partly squiffy!
When it arrived I thought 'you 54 year old idiot you have wasted about a tenner, again' but no!
It has bits of Woodie Guthrie, early Simon and Garfunkel and some ace guitar work. It could have been recorded in the fifities or the seventies even, I love it, just hope Jake never hears me singing along with him!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2013 10:39 AM GMT

Philips HR2160/50 Blender with Pulse and Ice Crush, 600 Watt - Black
Philips HR2160/50 Blender with Pulse and Ice Crush, 600 Watt - Black
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Didin't know I could make such good soup!, 6 Feb 2013
MAkes everything a doodle. Don't overfill it especially if the filling is hot. Jug was a bit plastic smelling before it had been washed a few times but it is fine now. I like that the blade section can be removed very easily from the bottom of the jug and it all goes in my dishwasher which is grand. Don't panic, I have only lived with a dishwasher for the last four months so it is still a novelty!
Stuff blended, all on setting 1! Banana's are despatched promptly, veggies demolished and cannot wait to crush ice and make long cool smoothies in the summer.

Wood Folding Clothes Airer
Wood Folding Clothes Airer
Offered by Home Discount Ltd
Price: 14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Made my Mum happy!, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wood Folding Clothes Airer
As you can tell by the title it worked for her! It started with the amusement afforded by the postman staggering through the gate with it. She loves it, can't cope with airers that are not wood, well at 78! It seems sturdy and more substantial than the one similar that she has had for the last thirty years so we will just have to see which of the ratings previously listed is more accurate. She is very happy with it, if she was writing she would give it a five I am sure.

Dreamworks Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury - Two All New Adventures [DVD]
Dreamworks Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury - Two All New Adventures [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Owens

5.0 out of 5 stars I am just a big kid!, 2 Feb 2013
Wet winter Sunday afternoon, hot chocolate and cake and this is perfect. Funny, great animation and the dragon reminds me of my black cat. It will amuse me every so often for the next couple of decades. Fifty four is not too old to enjoy this film!

Le Quattro Volte [DVD]
Le Quattro Volte [DVD]
Dvd ~ Giuseppe Fuda
Price: 15.35

5.0 out of 5 stars The goats are awesome!, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Le Quattro Volte [DVD] (DVD)
How delightful is this film! I saw it on a big screen then came home and ordered it immediately and it still works on a smallish telly screen. This delightful piece of cinematic chill is a must for all who love Italy, the rural italian landscape and goats. A wonderful study of time and hat it is to be human. Watch with a bottle of Pinot Grigio and some cheese and go to Italy for a while, bliss

The Dogs of Rome: An Alec Blume Novel (Commissario Alec Blume 1)
The Dogs of Rome: An Alec Blume Novel (Commissario Alec Blume 1)
by Conor Fitzgerald
Price: 6.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Product placement hell!, 2 Feb 2013
Good story but blighted by the constant, unremitting brands named through the entire book. I don't need to know who made the bloomin' air con unit! It is written with a film deal in mind and I will not be reading any more, my heart stays with Montalbano!

ANTIQUE BRASS metal extendable curtain pole 180cm to 340cm with BALL FINIALS
ANTIQUE BRASS metal extendable curtain pole 180cm to 340cm with BALL FINIALS

4.0 out of 5 stars Not at all brassed off!, 2 Feb 2013
These curtain poles arrived almost before I ordered them! They were easy to put up, not their fault the concrete is so hard! Sturdy and very good value for money. I will eventually put more of them in other rooms, they are just what I wanted.

The Cubist Electric Fireplace Suite with Graphite Effect Bowl
The Cubist Electric Fireplace Suite with Graphite Effect Bowl

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy !, 16 Nov 2012
I thought I would mis my real fire but I love this fire so much now that I have worked out the exact pebble position!
Really easy to get set up and keep moving the pebbles to get the air flow right to make the whizzy thing go around. Worth taking the time to make sure it is perfectly level. I have shown pictures to all my friends who are now quite jealous! Looks great with white floating shelves above to emulate chimney breast. A lovely sturdy product which I thoroughly recommend.

Monty Don's Italian Gardens [DVD]
Monty Don's Italian Gardens [DVD]
Dvd ~ Monty Don
Price: 7.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardens I know and gardens I will discover, 13 Jun 2011
Well, what a treat! I know some of the gardens that Monty visits in this fabulous collection of Italian gardens. I found the complete joy of Mr Don reflected my feelings for these gardens to perfection. The gardens that I don't know will now have to be visited because of the truthfulness of the descriptions. I watched the series until I went to Italy and missed the last episode, so had to buy the DVD. It now accompanies my time on the step machine because it takes my mind off the pain! To lovers of Italy or gardens this is a rainy Sunday afternoon treat and can be watched more than once. I am off to Florence in the footsteps of Monty so may have to write a sequel! Joyous television gardening.

Page: 1 | 2