Profile for Julz > Reviews

Content by Julz

Julz (Wokingham, Berks United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Schott Zwiesel 2.9L Glass Oval Casserole Dish With Lid
Schott Zwiesel 2.9L Glass Oval Casserole Dish With Lid
Offered by House of Brands

3.0 out of 5 stars You cant use the lid for cooking, 30 Jan. 2016
Very disappointed to see that the lid is NOT suitable for conventional oven (it says this on the leaflet inside the box and also on the box, but not in the amazon description). Lid can be used in microwave but both parts are too big for my standard size microwave. However, the main dish is very deep which is what I was after so I will keep it and use tin foil for a lid in the oven. The lid is rather pointless unless you want to use it to store food in the fridge ( you better have a big fridge)

Thali Outlet - 100 x Black 8oz Sip-Though Lids Disposable Biodegradeable To Fit Hot Paper Cups
Offered by PC Outlet \ Thali Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect item and speedy excellent service, 30 Nov. 2015
Perfect item and speedy excellent service as always

LADIES WOMENS PINK SKY BLUE WARM MULE SOFT FUR BOW SLIPPERS SIZE UK 3-8 @ £5.99
LADIES WOMENS PINK SKY BLUE WARM MULE SOFT FUR BOW SLIPPERS SIZE UK 3-8 @ £5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Worn out in 2 weeks, 30 Nov. 2015
Have barely lasted two weeks - all the padding under my heels has disappeared so they are no longer comfortable enough to wear. They were very tight for the first week but didn't take long to loosen up.

Openshaws Gastro Pub Cumberland Sausage Flavour Pork Crunch 8x22g Card

Access Denied
Access Denied
by David E. Gates

5.0 out of 5 stars made my skin go soggy, 24 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Access Denied (Paperback)
I had a fleeting moment of disappointment when the comparatively happy start to the story quickly turned darker and more negative - I was beginning to think that I wanted to read more of the romance and good times before things started going wrong, but after a couple more pages, I was reminded that this was no fairytale, fictional story but a factual account of real people's lives. I was very quickly gripped by the events that were unfolding - so much so that I was forced to put the book down only because my bath water was getting cold and my skin was going wrinkly. It inspired me to take more baths just so that I could continue reading. And even when you put the book down, you don't forget what you've just read because your mind is trying to make sense of how government departments can be so incompetent and cause so much unnecessary anguish and heartache for people. My heart goes out to David and hope that the future will bring a long-awaited happy end to his story.

Gelco Design Lounge 707232 Toilet Seat Basque Red
Gelco Design Lounge 707232 Toilet Seat Basque Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks expensive and classy, 29 Oct. 2014
I am so pleased with the toilet seat - it is a good solid item, the deep red paint is flawless and highly polished (so I'm thinking it might still be a bit cold to sit on but I can live with that). It looks very classy, fitted easily, and has made a real difference to my bathroom. Much much better than the plain white plastic seat I had before. And a very good price too. Highly recommended

Country Baskets Fleur Basket Stand - Black
Country Baskets Fleur Basket Stand - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size and looks great, 31 May 2013
I was a bit hesitant as there wasn't much of a description with this item and I needed to know if it would be big enough for a plant i'd recently bought. I didn't want to start drilling into the ceiling to hang baskets from there so was looking for other options. I managed to find this product on another website that gave the dimensions but more expensive, so came back here and ordered through amazon. It comes ready assembled, you just need to swivel out two of the legs - job done!
And as for the dimensions?? Standing on the floor, it is 41 inches (104cm) to the top of the decoration. Width at the fattest point is 16 inches (41cm). the point where you hang the basket from is 7.5 inches (19cm) below the top of the fleur. The distance from the hanging point to the bottom of that 'space' is just over 20 inches (51cm) so that's the max length you can have from the hook to the base of your hanging plant container. Below that there is another 12 inches (30cm) before the trailing plant would touch the floor.
It has turned out to be the ideal size for the particular plant I needed it for and it looks fantastic. Had 15% off the price too as part of the promotion so very delighted. Delivery was within 2 couple of days which was much sooner than the estimated delivery date.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and surprisingly easy to put together, 5 Dec. 2012
Having recently moved into a new house, I was a bit fed up with having to put things together but the price of ready-assembled units similar to this were way too high for me. From the pictures, this looked like exactly what I was looking for - something to give me extra worktop space, a couple of extra drawers, a cupboard where I can hide away stuff and ideally an open end so that I could sit at it occasionally. I haven't yet bought stools to try it out for sitting at and eating breakfast, but everything else on my list of wants gets a great big tick. The real bonus with this is that it was so simple to put together on my own. All the parts are very solid, holes line up perfectly, everything fits. It looks absolutely wonderful in my kitchen - because it is on castors, I can have it against the wall or at 90 degrees like a breakfast bar. Or even move it over closer to the cooker and other worktops when I'm having a big bake! Very highly recommended

Country Style White Kitchen Stool with Floral Seat ~ FREE DELIVERY
Country Style White Kitchen Stool with Floral Seat ~ FREE DELIVERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 13 Nov. 2012
This stool cost a bit more than I wanted to spend but it was such a close match to what I was looking for, I think it is worth it. I'm the sort of person that likes to sit down to put my shoes on, especially in the mornings when my back is a bit creaky, so this is small enough to keep next to my shoe rack and just the right height for sitting or perching. It comes ready assembled and very sturdy and solid, which is a big plus, having just moved house and find myself with blisters on my hands from assembling so many items of furniture. It is painted in a shabby chic style - the pattern on the seat is quite unobtrusive so even if flowers aren't your thing, you won't notice them! There are quite a few cheaper wooden stools out there but I couldn't find any that were ready-assembled, ready-painted and without a relatively big p+p cost. Really very pleased with this, highly recommended.

Typhoon Oval Drizzler 941
Typhoon Oval Drizzler 941
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but very stylish, 18 Aug. 2011
Looked a bit ordinary when I first got it but filling it with oil seemed to transform it - such a simple design but looks very classy and stylish on the countertop. Sits in the hand nicely when using it - no dribbles or spills. Really happy with this

Page: 1 | 2