Profile for Julz > Reviews

Content by Julz

Julz (Wokingham, Berks United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Gelco Design Lounge 707232 Toilet Seat Basque Red
Gelco Design Lounge 707232 Toilet Seat Basque Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks expensive and classy, 29 Oct 2014
I am so pleased with the toilet seat - it is a good solid item, the deep red paint is flawless and highly polished (so I'm thinking it might still be a bit cold to sit on but I can live with that). It looks very classy, fitted easily, and has made a real difference to my bathroom. Much much better than the plain white plastic seat I had before. And a very good price too. Highly recommended

Country Baskets Fleur Basket Stand - Black
Country Baskets Fleur Basket Stand - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size and looks great, 31 May 2013
I was a bit hesitant as there wasn't much of a description with this item and I needed to know if it would be big enough for a plant i'd recently bought. I didn't want to start drilling into the ceiling to hang baskets from there so was looking for other options. I managed to find this product on another website that gave the dimensions but more expensive, so came back here and ordered through amazon. It comes ready assembled, you just need to swivel out two of the legs - job done!
And as for the dimensions?? Standing on the floor, it is 41 inches (104cm) to the top of the decoration. Width at the fattest point is 16 inches (41cm). the point where you hang the basket from is 7.5 inches (19cm) below the top of the fleur. The distance from the hanging point to the bottom of that 'space' is just over 20 inches (51cm) so that's the max length you can have from the hook to the base of your hanging plant container. Below that there is another 12 inches (30cm) before the trailing plant would touch the floor.
It has turned out to be the ideal size for the particular plant I needed it for and it looks fantastic. Had 15% off the price too as part of the promotion so very delighted. Delivery was within 2 couple of days which was much sooner than the estimated delivery date.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and surprisingly easy to put together, 5 Dec 2012
Having recently moved into a new house, I was a bit fed up with having to put things together but the price of ready-assembled units similar to this were way too high for me. From the pictures, this looked like exactly what I was looking for - something to give me extra worktop space, a couple of extra drawers, a cupboard where I can hide away stuff and ideally an open end so that I could sit at it occasionally. I haven't yet bought stools to try it out for sitting at and eating breakfast, but everything else on my list of wants gets a great big tick. The real bonus with this is that it was so simple to put together on my own. All the parts are very solid, holes line up perfectly, everything fits. It looks absolutely wonderful in my kitchen - because it is on castors, I can have it against the wall or at 90 degrees like a breakfast bar. Or even move it over closer to the cooker and other worktops when I'm having a big bake! Very highly recommended

Country Style White Kitchen Stool with Floral Seat ~ FREE DELIVERY
Country Style White Kitchen Stool with Floral Seat ~ FREE DELIVERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 13 Nov 2012
This stool cost a bit more than I wanted to spend but it was such a close match to what I was looking for, I think it is worth it. I'm the sort of person that likes to sit down to put my shoes on, especially in the mornings when my back is a bit creaky, so this is small enough to keep next to my shoe rack and just the right height for sitting or perching. It comes ready assembled and very sturdy and solid, which is a big plus, having just moved house and find myself with blisters on my hands from assembling so many items of furniture. It is painted in a shabby chic style - the pattern on the seat is quite unobtrusive so even if flowers aren't your thing, you won't notice them! There are quite a few cheaper wooden stools out there but I couldn't find any that were ready-assembled, ready-painted and without a relatively big p+p cost. Really very pleased with this, highly recommended.

Typhoon Oval Drizzler 941
Typhoon Oval Drizzler 941
Offered by KG Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but very stylish, 18 Aug 2011
Looked a bit ordinary when I first got it but filling it with oil seemed to transform it - such a simple design but looks very classy and stylish on the countertop. Sits in the hand nicely when using it - no dribbles or spills. Really happy with this

Silver 22x8mm Ingot quarter of an ounce Pendant
Silver 22x8mm Ingot quarter of an ounce Pendant
Offered by BritishJewelleryWorkshops

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid bit of silver, 5 July 2011
This is a really substantial lump of silver, beautifully finished and polished. It was thicker and heavier than I expected but it feels and looks great. It's not a dainty little pendant, but not so big that ladies can't wear it, and it's also chunky enough for a man to wear. I love it.

York Ultimate Folding Mat
York Ultimate Folding Mat
Offered by Fitness Superstore

2.0 out of 5 stars No good for pilates, 21 April 2011
This review is from: York Ultimate Folding Mat (Sports)
The mat is lovely and thick but the filling is not very dense so when you apply any weight to it (eg stand or lie on it), the part of the body touching the mat sinks a couple of inches. I am a 'petite' 11 stone, and can feel the floor through it when I stand on it although, I will agree, it is quite comfy enough when lying on it. The main problem I have is that because you sink so much into it, it is no good for pilates - it is cheating because the mat almost moulds itself around the sides of your body so that you don't need to use your core to stabilise yourself - imagine sinking into a deep, very soft mattress. Impossible to keep a slight gap between the small of your back and the mat if you lying down, which is what you often need to do (or at least be aware of) in pilates. Pretty disappointed actually. Something half the depth and twice the firmness would be a lot better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2013 11:19 AM BST

Pilates Unplugged - Pilates for a Stronger Back [DVD]
Pilates Unplugged - Pilates for a Stronger Back [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed so far ..., 23 Feb 2011
I have only watched half of this dvd so far but have had so much benefit already, I wanted to share my thoughts. Having suffered acute and chronic back problems for years, and having tried various pilates dvd's and classes before, I was looking for some different routines to use specifically for my back. So far, in the chapters that I've gone through, there has been no specific mention of the back, but that is irrelevant. Pilates in general, I have found to be one of the most effective disciplines for managing back problems, short and long term, and this DVD is no different. After spending a day at my desk with severe sciatic pain, I tried the first 3 chapters of the dvd and after that, I was practically pain free and moving about so much better - although I had to push through a bit of discomfort initially, after a few movements, things had loosened up and relaxed nicely. I felt like I was standing inches taller afterwards. I have now started dipping into it for about 15 mins at a time, when I take a break from working at my desk (luckily I can work from home!). I aim to do it little and often at the moment till I get over my acute phase of back/sciatic pain, and then may reduce to 3 or 4 longer sessions each week to maintain good back health. I am also an athlete and intend to use some of the exercises in my warm up and between events at competitions to stop my back seizing up too much.

As for the dvd and presentation itself, the location (a warm sunny beautiful beach) and music (oh no it's an arty farty dvd) irritated me to begin with (jealousy I think as it's raining and cold outside in reality) but once he got into the actual exercises, it was fine. Peter talks nicely and explain things quite well - a good flow to the dialogue. But he is very 'hands on' with the demonstrators sometimes - moving their arms and legs for them a lot of the time - I would've slapped his hands if I was there!

I am really looking forward to doing the rest of the dvd and if it's of the same standard and has the same benefits to my back that the first part has done, I will be extremely pleased.

Kitchen Craft 24 cm Non-Stick Eco Frying pan
Kitchen Craft 24 cm Non-Stick Eco Frying pan

2.0 out of 5 stars Paint flakes off, 23 Feb 2011
This pan has a green coating on the outside, including the base. Looks very smart and I may have been unlucky and just got a 'bad' one, but I used it twice and both times, I was left with flakes of green paint on my hob. Some were loose but others needed scraping off so I have returned the pan.

Farmyard Kitchen Cockerel & Hen Ceramic Utensil Jar Pot
Farmyard Kitchen Cockerel & Hen Ceramic Utensil Jar Pot
Offered by LINCOLNGIFTS

5.0 out of 5 stars don't know why but i love it!, 11 Feb 2011
This looks really great in the flesh. I was also worried that it may not be tall enough for the larger fish slice type items but they go in and stay in really well. I love the look of this so much that I'm having to hold myself back from buying everything else in the range! Oh ok, maybe just the Farmyard Kitchen Cockerel & Hen Tea, Coffee, & Sugar Canisters Storage Jars for now ....

Page: 1 | 2