Profile for K. A. Porter > Reviews

K. A. Porter

Blitz Sport Kettlebells 16KG
Blitz Sport Kettlebells 16KG

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent kettlebell option, 14 Oct 2011
I'm new to kettlebells, but have worked out out using weights and bootcamp style training for a long time. The kettlebell has been an excellent addition to my training regime, with lots of interesting moves and variations to try.

This particular one came quickly, is 16KG so is a good starting point for someone with a decent level of fitness already in place, and has a nice wide handle to make two handed moves straightforward.

YouTube has lots of good videos to help with the basics, but if you are completely new to weight training, I would suggest getting some professional advice to make sure you're doing the kettlebell moves correctly.

Very happy with both the product and the service.

Primal Blueprint: Reprogram Your Genes for Effortless Weight Loss, Vibrant Health & Boundless Energy (Primal Blueprint Series)
by Mark Sisson

5.0 out of 5 stars The book that changed everything..., 14 Oct 2011
I'm going to find it very hard to write a review for this without being too gushy, but out of all the fitness and diet magazines that I've read over the years, this has had the most impact on my life.

Mark writes in an informal and engaging way, breaking down each of the blueprint rules succinctly. Each time he gives justification, backed by scientific evidence, as to why the rule should be followed.

I've always been interested in the affect of diet on a fitness regime. I felt like I had all the pieces of the puzzle, but this book showed me how to put it together.

I started eating primally six weeks ago, and have seen a dramatic transformation. I've lost a lot of fat, have more energy and look younger. There are other things that have changed, but I'll save them for the pub! I'm getting to be the fittest I've ever been, but I'm also loving the workouts - not bored by the same old gym regime.

The one downside is that me and another friend who has turned primal have become 'primal bores'. I'll talk to anyone about it (as my fiancee rolls her eyes...) and encourage everyone to read it. Sometimes I bore myself with how much I go on about it....

So, if you're interested in diet, nutrition and the affect it has on your health and fitness, I couldn't recommend this book enough.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2013 1:47 AM BST

HY-PRO space markers
HY-PRO space markers

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and useful, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: HY-PRO space markers (Misc.)
I bought these cones, unsurprisingly, to use for games and workouts. They're a decent quality, arrived quickly, and are the kind of thing that will last for years. Good service overall.

Sketch
Sketch
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 3 Jun 2008
This review is from: Sketch (Audio CD)
One of the best albums I've bought this year. They're a great band, and this album is now permanently playing in my car! Buy it!