ARRAY(0xa7742c48)

Profile for joel lim > Reviews

Content by joel lim

joel lim

AmazonBasics USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable for iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPod nano 7 and iPod 5 3 Feet / 0.9 m
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reliable charger but doesn't fit through my case, 19 Feb 2014
The charging head is a bit too large to fit through my iPhone case so I had to slightly pull my phone out of the case to charge it until some unlucky chap left their lightning cable in my hotel room (I gave it in to reception and no came to collect it after a week so they gave it back to me)

Sony PlayStation 3 Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset (PS3)
Sony PlayStation 3 Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset (PS3)
Offered by Appods
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug in and play headset. Great sound quality, 19 Feb 2014
I use this headset just as much for gaming (on PS3 and PS4) as I do listening to music. Had it for almost a year and it still remains sturdy and in good condition

For sub 100, these headphones have amazing sound quality. Compared to my friends 300 Beats by Dre, I much prefer these headphones since the treble is too high on the Beats compared to the Pulse headset. It means I can turn the music up without it hurting my ears (this friend even pointed out the fact the treble was better on the pulse and the quality was just as good as his)

Bass Impact is probably my favourite feature (bit of a gimmick really, but I love it anyway). All it does is amplify the vibrations from the bass but being a bass junkie means that if you have the right equaliser settings then some songs will literally shake your head. This feature isn't for everyone but I would definitely say that it works best for listening to music rather than gaming.

Overall it's a really great budget headset with multiplatform capabilities. The audio quality is something everyone will appreciate. I agree with others that prolonged use (couple of hours for me) will make your ears warm so you will need to take a break (especially if you wear glasses).

I'd recommend charging it through mains supply to get up to another two hours on a single charge.

P11 PS3 Headset - EU
P11 PS3 Headset - EU
Price: 34.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Second purchase after my first one broke., 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: P11 PS3 Headset - EU (Accessory)
I bought the P11 a couple years back and it lasted me up until recently when the wiring near the control box became loose and I had to hold/tape it in a particular way to give me proper audio.

So after receiving my new pair from amazon I did a comparison and noticed a few things. Firstly the cloth pads on the new headset are bigger and more stiff so I swapped the ear pads (first time purchasers probably won't notice something like this and it was something that niggled me). The cushion for the top of the head is larger and more padded but I didn't have a problem with the previous version and the feedback sound from the mic monitor feature has changed (it's hard to explain but I prefer the feedback with my older product)

Still at the end of the day this is an amazing headset with a high value for money. Great mic quality along with mic monitor, comfortable around-the-ear pads for long gaming sessions and the plug in and play compatibility with my PC is great since that's what I primarily use it for.

Stagg Universal Wooden Guitar Hanger
Stagg Universal Wooden Guitar Hanger
Price: 8.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and sturdy hanger but..., 26 Oct 2013
One of the hangers I bought had very poorly machined wood. This meant I had to thread the nut through the wood in order to make the hole large enough to put it through.

The other hanger was machined fine and the nut slid right through the middle hole for easy installation. Great that it comes with screws unlike other similar products

Can't say how strong the hanger is but it can certainly manage my ukuleles!

Apple iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C - 6 Screen Protectors Pack Retail Packed with Cleaning Cloth and Application Card (Lifetime Guarantee)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality but you get what you pay for, 14 Nov 2012
The screen protector covers everything apart from the home button, front camera and in-call speaker. However unlike other screen protectors, this one covers up the sensor next to the speaker. Not sure if it actually affects anything but haven't noticed anything strange of my iPhone as of yet.

My issues with the product is that the screen gets smudgy - more so than the screen protector that was supplied with my cygnett case.
Also the screen feels a bit sticky when i run my finger across it. However my main niggle is the smudging, which can be clearly seen in the reflection and causes me to attempt to remove the fingerprinting by rubbing it against clothing fabric.

But hey, at least i've got 11 more right? Change screen protector every month until the 5S comes out...

Cygnett Vector TPU Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 & 5s - Black
Cygnett Vector TPU Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 & 5s - Black
Offered by Accessory Village Ltd
Price: 10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed and practical case, 14 Nov 2012
Chose to buy this case over many others mainly because of the design on the back and can definitely say I made a good choice.

Good overall design apart but the buttons are stiffer than expected. Like the other review, the sleep button is actually fine to press but the volume buttons have a "sweet spot" which is easy for me to press only when using my nail.
In terms of protection I can say that the case feels durable and shock-proof and of a good size and grip. Honestly felt like the phone would slip out of my hand without a case on since it feels so light. Have actually dropped it once on it's face - it wasn't a big drop but the raised edges on that side probably saved my screen from damage/scratches.

It's important to note that the screen protector supplied is actually of very good quality. Better than the standard protectors in that it smudges less, has a somewhat reduced glare and doesn't feel sticky so my fingers run smooth across the screen.

Overall 15 may seem a lot to some people but you definitely get your moneys-worth, especially with the screen protector which is surprisingly of good quality. Easy to remove and place put on again which is a plus and I really like the slanted sides of the casing. It just feels nicer to hold than the cases some of my friends use.

EDIT - Forgot to mention that all Cygnett cases come with a lifetime warranty, which is certainly useful

Fudge Matte Hed Extra Matte Molding Wax for Hair 85g
Fudge Matte Hed Extra Matte Molding Wax for Hair 85g
Offered by HAIR ANGELS
Price: 10.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but a lot of air in the tube itself!, 23 Jun 2012
Like the original Fudge Matte Hed, this hair product is even better, providing the best hold whilst still keeping a natural look without any shine or grease (useful when people start feeling your hair in admiration ahaa)

However my only problem with the product is in the containment of the paste itself. Every time I press down on the grip to allow some paste to flow I always get a lot of air inside the tube, which then initially builds up and then shoots out a large dollop of the stuff which is very annoying. The weight of the item when it first arrived felt similar to my other Matte Hed tube so I don't feel like I was cheated but nonetheless it's really annoying, hence the 4 star rating.

FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO Li1705 Li 1705 Li1718 Li 1718 Li1720 Li 1720 Li1818 Li 1818 Li1820 Li 1820 Li2732 Li 2732 Li2735 Li 2735 Li2727 Li 2727 Li3710 Li 3710 Li3910 Li 3910 M1450G Pa1510 Pa 1510 Pi1502 Pi 1502 Pi1505 Pi 1505 Pi1506 Pi 1506 Pi2515 Pi 2515 Pi3625 Pi 3625 Si1520 Si 1520 Si2636 Si 2636 Si 3655 Si3655 Replacement AC Adapter, Charger, Power Supply, Including Plug Cord - 12 Month Warranty - 20V, 3.25A, 65W

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement product and fast delivery, 25 Mar 2012
I'm impressed with the charger as a whole. It is very well made and strong and have had no problems with it at all whatsoever - On par with or better than the original charger supplied with the laptop. It's good that the compatible laptop models are stated in the product description.

Dispatch and delivery from the moment I placed an order was extremely quick and my package arrived a few days earlier than the delivery estimate! Useful for me since I was pressed for time to find a replacement charger and I'm sure the 12 month warranty will come in handy should the charger break, which I highly doubt will happen given its high quality.

BenQ G2420HD 24 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor (5ms Response Time, 1920x1080, 2 Years On Site Swap Warranty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality. Good price. Fast Delivery, 27 Aug 2011
Have been looking for a good monitor to use primarily as a gaming monitor for my PS3 but also as for my PC too.

Ordered on saturday and delivered on monday through first class parcel courier. Bit of difficulty getting it out of the box (hands almost slipped so take care) but set up the monitor to my console within a few minutes. Very easy.

The graphics quality is great and the fast response time is essential for gaming. The monitor has a feature that lets you see the difference in colour quality by applying the Senseye feature to one half of the screen to let you see the differences, which is rather surprising as the feature makes the colours more vibrant.

The mode feature is useful for those subtle effects when gaming, watching a movie, etc. Overall extremely happy with the monitor and a great buy for anyone under a budget or just looking for a monitor in their bedroom/study

Brink (PS3)
Brink (PS3)
Offered by APE-GAMES
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a book by its cover, 18 May 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Brink (PS3) (Video Game)
There are a lot of negative reviews circulating around the web about Brink but it's mainly due to the fact that a lot of people epxect it to be another cod-type game
I've pretty much watched every pre release video to know that Splash Damage were trying to make a game playable for everyone, where how well you did in the game was not heavily based on your reaction speed and gaming skill. This is why Brink is an "objective based" shooter as it rewards people for going out of their way to help their teammates

If you liked lost planet 2 and/or resistance 2 co-op, then you'll like this game for the interaction between team members and its use of the parkour system SMART. This game is intended for multiplayer action so if you're looking for singleplayer gameplay then don't get this game unless you make the effort to try online coop.

Most of the negative reviews are fueled by the lag issues, which splash damage have been keeping a close eye on and are rapidly working to fix this through free dlc set to arrive in june.
Brink is most enjoyed playing against others due to the uncertainty of how matches will progress and the need to adapt your playing style to better the team as a whole.

DON'T LET NEGATIVE REVIEWS discourage you from buying this game, it is worth the money and the lag issues are minor problems now due to patches.