Profile for Mrs. J. L. Sayer > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. L. Sayer

Mrs. J. L. Sayer (Swindon, Wilts, UK)

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

4.0 out of 5 stars Two sticks work independent of each other., 11 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
I purchased the fire stick in July 2015 for our bedroom television which only has basic free view. I am more than pleased with it with one little niggle. When I put on an Amazon prime show it always pauses within 10 seconds so you have to press play again. Doesn't happen with BBC iPlayer or Netflix.
The best point though is two of these do not interfere with each other. I purchased a second one for my daughter for Christmas. We can both happily use them at the same time with them working independently of each other.
One last niggle would be if they could add the Channel 4 All4 app, which is also not available on the fire tablet.

TECHGEAR® Desktop Charging Cradle Dock Stand for Sony Xperia Z / L36h + USB Data Transfer Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this because 8 months into a 24 month ..., 6 Aug. 2014
I purchased this because 8 months into a 24 month contract the weak charging pin broke/bent, I was not prepared to pay the £100 repair fee as I believe this is a design fault. I am not the only person by far that has experienced this issue. For £8 it charges my phone, yes I cannot connect to my PC anymore but with google back up on my photos and most of my music from amazon cloud player it isn't a huge issue. I just need to remember to take it with me now to charge rather than use any lead. A small price to pay for a £92 saving.

SanDisk SDMX22-004G-E46P 4GB Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player/FM Radio Purple
SanDisk SDMX22-004G-E46P 4GB Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player/FM Radio Purple

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor product, 1 Jan. 2014
I purchased this for my daughter as a Christmas present. Within 8/9 months the volume button had stopped working, this was replaced with no hassle. Now Christmas 2013, a year later (well 4 months later really as it is the replacement product). It has stopped holding it's charge. Not worth it for the price.

4 Pics 1 Word: What's The Word
4 Pics 1 Word: What's The Word

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 2 April 2013
Down loaded for my kindle fire HD. No problems, plays well. Would download more games from this developer. Keeps me amused for hours.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Be warned, 28 Dec. 2011
Coat is not 'Yours Clothing' is actually George at ASDA - with the label partly cut off to try and hide this fact. Courier service dodgey - was at first told it was delivered to one name at a nonexistent house in my close before tracking it down to my next door neighbours - no card left either. Coat appears new but really disapointed they duped me on the brand.

Moshi Monsters Talking Plush Luvli Soft Toy
Moshi Monsters Talking Plush Luvli Soft Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Moshi fans, 17 Oct. 2011
My 7 year old loves this. It is well made. The voice on this is not easy to set off by rolling onto it in the night as it is deeply embedded in the body. She can make it talk but it is tricky for my 4 1/2 year old to work. It also comes with a code to add an item to your moshi virtual house.

The Wildlife of Southern Africa: The Larger Illustrated Guide to the Animals and Plants of the Region
by Vincent Carruthers

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative but heavy, 19 Mar. 2011
I brought this book because we are off on safari on Botswana and I wanted a spotters guide to help indentify the more unusual wildlife. This certainly covers it. The book is well laid out all insects, mammmals, birds, plants etc... are in their own colour coded chapters. The pictures are clear and the discription is brief but informative.
It is a little on the heavy side, but that is due to the amount of information contained, this book will be going in to my hubby's backpack rather than mine!
We are also travelling to Zambia, to Victoria Falls, the Lonely Plant guide to Southern Africa covers Zambia, but this book doesn't cover North of Botswana which is shame, but I am sure the wildlife will not be any different.
If you want an easy to use spotters guide to wildlife & plants you can't go wrong with this book.

The Tree of Seasons
The Tree of Seasons
by Stephen Gately

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kids and Adults, 16 May 2010
This review is from: The Tree of Seasons (Hardcover)
I was also able to get a copy ahead of the offical realease date and finished it in 2 days. It is well written and imaginative, you can see where some ideas have come from but they also have their own twist not making a copy of another book, say Harry Potter. It is very much a children's book, but as a 33 year old I did enjoy it myself, the writing style is not quite as grown up as Harry Potter, but it has been a long time since I have read the first ones and who know's what Stephen would be producing by the 7th book, but having gone back and started to reread the magic faraway tree it is far less rushed. I started reading it to my 5 year old Daughter yesterday, finished the first two chapters and she is loving it, She is a big Doctor Who fan who & copes well with the monsters/creatures in that and so I feel that when we get to the darker moments in this book she would not be too upsetting for her. As they are quite dark.
The cover of this book, not to judge it!, is beautiful the picture inviting and the sparkley snowflakes irresitable not to pick up. The illustrtions are wonderful, I was also able to see the orignals which being much larger are so much better, Keith Wilson is a very taltened artist.
If you enjoy children's fantasy you WILL enjoy this book. Beautiful & well written passages and as people have said just waiting to be made into a film.

Stephen Gately and "Boyzone" - Blood Brothers 1976-2009
Stephen Gately and "Boyzone" - Blood Brothers 1976-2009
by Emily Herbert

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, very poor., 22 Jan. 2010
I brought this as I am Boyzone & Stephen Gately fan. I knew it was unoffical but decicde to get it anyway.
The whole book lacks body & substance. It constantly repeats itself, in one chapter it went back over the subject of adopition at least 3 times. It jumps from one time period to another, without flowing. In fact the whole book just does not flow.
The best thing about this book are the photographs.
I wouldn't waste money on buying this, I'm sure our charity shops will be full of copies of this book before Easter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2010 6:43 PM GMT

The Great Big Glorious Book for Girls
The Great Big Glorious Book for Girls
by Rosemary Davidson

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 7 Aug. 2007
I can not wait until my 2 year old and baby daughter's are 7 & 9 so we can get this book out on a wet sunday it is filled with craft ideas, games, simple cookery ideas, information & facts. How to make rose petal perfume, Christmas & Easter decorations, beauty tips and so much more. A delight.