Profile for Bex > Reviews

Flip
by Martyn Bedford
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyed this book, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Flip (Paperback)
Although this book is apparently a kids book it still caught my interest when I saw it secong hand at a library sale. I really enjoyed it and found it very hard putting it down. It got my imagination going and it made me really beleive this sort of body swapping was possible and I found my self wonderig what I would do if I were in the charaters shoes.
its a very easy read and you can lose your self in the book for a while although there are some errors thats bugged me.. the book is set in the uk but it refers to kms rather than miles and there were a couple of other things that made me wonder if the writer was actually british.
I would recommed this book tk anyone wih an open mind.

Ambi Toys Sunflower Rattle
Ambi Toys Sunflower Rattle
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars baby loves it!, 11 Nov 2013
I bought this for my 6 month old, now 8months and he loves it.. so much so have to buy another as he managed to lose it as it goes everywhere!
He loves to shake it and bite the leaves and has just got the knack or spinning the face part.

Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Disposal Starter Pack
Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Disposal Starter Pack
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars much smaller than anticipated but works well, 1 Aug 2013
I bought this as was fed up of opening the nappy bin to put in a new nappy and nearly gettin knocked out by the smell! So far it keeps the smell in really well and is nice and compact. Ideally it could do with being about twice the size because with my 5 month old its not lasting the entire week so I still need to find somewhere to put the dirty nappys until bin day which is awkward without an external bin.
All in all though, it does what it says on the tin, gets rid of nappies without the smell so I am quite pleased. It's too early to say how well the refills last though, so time will tell.

The Expectant Dad's Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know
The Expectant Dad's Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know
by Rob Kemp
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 8 May 2013
I bought this book for my husband as a joke but it is the most informative book we had. it really helped him know how to deal with me and actually explained in layman's terms exactly what was going to happen in bloke language, which was actually much better than any book I had. I'd say something to my husband and more often than not the book had already covered it and he could explain to me what was going on reassure me. It became our bible when I was pregnant. Recommend to anyone

Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16GB Memory Card
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16GB Memory Card
Offered by Handy Zentral
Price: 5.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to do what is says on the tin, 8 May 2013
So far so good. Been in my HTC Desire C for a few days, no problems so far... not much more to say.

Speedo Women's Monogram Muscleback Swimsuit - Size 34 Inches, Black/Raspberry Fill
Price: 24.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short in body and see through fabric, 8 May 2013
I bought this costume as a replacement for my old speedo one that had gone see through from years of use.
I am a size 10/12 and going by their details I think I needed a size 34 (assuming it goes by bust size and not EU size.. which is not clear at all!!), unfortunately I had to return it as maybe I ordered the wrong size but it was too short in the body, so much so it made my shoulder hurt. I'm not exactly tall, only 5'3" so I can't see that having been the problem. It was also made of a semi see through material, which was different from my old costume. I am unsure if this would have been a problem in the water but it was rather thin and I would have been self concious.

De'Longhi Stretto TRSW0715 Wall Mountable Oil Filled Radiator, 1.5kW
De'Longhi Stretto TRSW0715 Wall Mountable Oil Filled Radiator, 1.5kW

3.0 out of 5 stars Good amount of heat.. a little noisy, 10 Dec 2009
I bought two of these, one for each of our bedrooms and they really give out a good amount of heat, so much so we're actually running them on minimum with the thermostat turned right down. We have not yet put them on the walls, but fully intend in doing and this is the reason we bought them.

Our only problem is when they are heating up, at first they were fine, but now its colder they seem to clang and click alot when they are heating up.
Once they are warm they shut up.. I don't think its a problem with these heaters though as we also have another oil heater downstairs thats also started making a racket which didn't before.. it's not good in a bedroom tho as they wake me up in the morning!

More Brain Training with Dr. Kawashima. How Old is Your Brain
More Brain Training with Dr. Kawashima. How Old is Your Brain
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 9.30

4.0 out of 5 stars More challenging than the first and better at writing, 10 Feb 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have been playing the previous game for the past few years and really enjoyed it.. but this ones a completely different level.
It is so much more challenging, especially the word blend and memory addition.
It seems to recognise my hand writing much better than the first, but I have absolutely no hope with the rock, paper, sissors game, it doesn't understand my speech at all.

Unlike the old game you can spend longer on it doing the tests, I am not sure if there are more, or if they just take me more time.

One of the things I find frustrating is the way it scores you. For example on word blend or word scramble, it takes your time as being what determines if you are good or not. So if you pass on all the word scrambles you finish quickly and you get a good score, the same as word blend.

The masterpiece recital is always giving me a good score, but as my husband says, my music is totally out of time and sounds awful so surely it should also take that into account?

All in all though, I do recommend this game, it's still a little buggy and there are a few things I would change, but as a sequel to the first brain training its great.. and it really does help, as does the first (I found after spending a few weeks working on this I was more alert and able to do my work better.. I am a programmer)

On The Edge: My Story
On The Edge: My Story
by Richard Hammond
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 10 Feb 2009
This review is from: On The Edge: My Story (Paperback)
My husband borrowed this book from a friend with the intention of reading it, but never did.. so I decided one day, as I was bored, that I'd have a look.. and I am very glad I did.

It feels as if you are reading a novel rather than an autobiography, and the story is very moving and emotional, especially Mindy (his wife's) parts.

It's really nice to read about what really happened after seeing so much about him on the news, and about his recovery.

I think it is very well written and I recommend it.. I enjoyed it so much I now have his next book!

Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
by Jamie Oliver
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Jamie book yet, 10 Feb 2009
This book is great.
My mother in law is convinced I love cooking and she's been buying me a Jamie book for xmas every year for ages now.. this year I got this one.. and I think it's by far the best. The recipes are easy and really nice.. especially the stews. There's loads of variety.. and it really makes you feel like you can cook some really good food.

I have used this book practically every meal since I was given it, unlike my other Jamie books that just seem to live in the cupboard.. even my husband is using it (which is a complete first)!

Highly recommend it..!!