Profile for Vallianne Bruce > Reviews

Content by Vallianne Bruce

Vallianne Bruce "felineloverbookworm" (S.W. England)

Page: 1 | 2
Die Again: (Rizzoli & Isles 11)
Die Again: (Rizzoli & Isles 11)

3.0 out of 5 stars but feel they are getting boring. I used to be on the edge of ..., 15 Jan. 2015
Do not think I have ever missed a book by Tess, but feel they are getting boring. I used to be on the edge of my seat but no more. Wish she would g o back c k to her original style.

How Great Thou Art
How Great Thou Art

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: How Great Thou Art (MP3 Download)
Superb album and songs. Dolly keeps it simple and you can feel the music. Loved it.

Slave (The Shame & Glory Saga Book 2)
Slave (The Shame & Glory Saga Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book., 24 Oct. 2014
I was unable to put this book down. I have about 250 books on my kindle but this book was fantastic. Am now going to buy book one. Should have done that originally but this book is still great as a stand alone book. Lots more please Jerrold. Five stars easily.

Bugging Out (The Bugging Out Series Book 1)
Bugging Out (The Bugging Out Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant reading, 23 May 2014
This has not bored me at all. I somehow got caught up in Zombie books when I first got my Kindle and have been looking for others, like The Rain, The Snow ,Sedulity but this is better. The concentration is not on the thing that has caused, more on the reason to live. Give it a try. Just hope nest one is better still though I doubt it.

Xtra-Funky Exclusive PU Leather Book Wallet Style Case for Amazon Kindel 3 (3rd Generation with Keyboard Model) & KOBO WiFi Wireless (N647 Model) + LED Multi Purpose Reading Clip on Light - PURPLE
Offered by Xtra-Funky Ltd (VAT Registered)

2.0 out of 5 stars Hated it., 17 Jan. 2014
Too Fiddly
This arrived promptly but not impressed by packaging. I have arthritic hands and could not get the kindle under the straps. Although I was supposed to have a light there was not one. Only one screen protector but it said more. Never returned an item to Amazon in five years but this is going back.

Through Apache Eyes: Verbal History of Apache Struggle ( annotated and Illustrated)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as I Thought., 11 Jan. 2014
I was quite surprised when reading this. The stories that I always believed about the Apache nation indicated they were a cruel band of Indians who loved to kill.

If this book is correct and I feel that it is then the amazing Geronimo was a fairly quiet and unassuming man who went to war as we think of it as he was let down so often.

Really interesting and well worth a read.

Escape From The Forever Rain
Escape From The Forever Rain

2.0 out of 5 stars Book 2 - and fingers crossed it was better than Book 1., 17 Nov. 2013
Well found Book 2. Need not have bothered. It stopped raining - occasionally - but by this time the channel was in the Cotswolds. Pigs, cows, water, an elderly couple that should have died decades before and a boring, miserable (with him I guess I would be) sad wife and a baby that smiled occasionally. Other people as well - they did not live long though. Got bumped off by the mad pig/cow man. Short book - again ended nowhere BUT I guessed there was a book 3. Yes there was. Sighed. This is turning out to be an expensive book.

The Forever Rain
The Forever Rain

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not bother - boring., 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Forever Rain (Kindle Edition)
This book sounded good - until I began to read. I could not have found a cast of characters so boring anywhere. It rained, and it rained. The rain was about the most exciting thing. Then without warning - it ended - leaving the story nowhere. Short book. Realised there must be a book 2. Yes there was. Duh!

Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London
Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good read I want more., 17 Nov. 2013
I sleep badly and have so many books on my kindle to choose from but saw this and it sounded okay. It was more than okay it was brilliant. Read it from cover to cover -as you can on a Kindle - and was so sorry to get to the end. I sympathised, wept, laughed (there were some frustratingly funny moments,) cried, shouted, got angry and all at the poor guy in the book. My husband was not amused as I woke him more than once shouting or giggling. Have just seen that the 2nd part is due in December. Whoopee. Was never into "zombies" but this is so much more. It is how someone would feel, left completely alone, in an upstairs flat and no one to care, incapacitated, no food, water, heat etc with the zombies thrown in for good measure. Brilliant book.Just could not put it down.Really cannot fault it at all. I read all types of books, from Stephen King, to Bernard Cornwell but this book made my week.Fabulous. Loved it.

The Reluctant Terrorist: A Novel of the American Holocaust
The Reluctant Terrorist: A Novel of the American Holocaust

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely mind blowing, 28 Oct. 2012
This book was not the type I normally read but I was blown away by the story line. It was all SO possible.That made it quite scary. The ending was just as I had hoped but then right at the very end there was a twist - and it caught me out. Will look for this author again.

Page: 1 | 2