Profile for L. Broomhead > Reviews

Content by L. Broomhead

L. Broomhead (Newark Notts England)

Salter 145 Mechanical Bathroom Scale - Silver Black
Salter 145 Mechanical Bathroom Scale - Silver Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great BUT!, 1 Mar. 2014
Bought these scales to replace an old set we have had for years that had started to not weigh consistently.
Unpacked these and they looked great, big, easy to read scale. Zeroed the scale, stepped on, weighed myself. My wife asked me to weigh myself again, so she could check!! and amazingly I had put on 2.5 pounds in 15 seconds.
The scales would not give a consistent reading and I don't want to weigh myself 10 times and average the readings to obtain a weight.
Sent them back.

Griffin PowerJolt SE 6134-PJLTSECLB Car Charger for iPod or iPhone -Black
Griffin PowerJolt SE 6134-PJLTSECLB Car Charger for iPod or iPhone -Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item, 27 Feb. 2011
Great piece of kit. Agree with most other reviews; well made does what it says but lead could be longer. However at the price, any one who complains is being very picky.

Insight Flexi Map: USA Southwest (Insight Flexi Maps)
Insight Flexi Map: USA Southwest (Insight Flexi Maps)
by Insight Guides
Edition: Map

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 May 2010
The map was disappointing. The scale was too small and the large scale maps were of Phoenix, Albuquerque and Las Vegas. No Los Angeles no San Francisco.
There are roads shown on the map, highlighted with dots but nothing on the legend/key to say why. Also nothing to say what the heights of the hills/mountains are. There are figures but are these in feet, yards or meters?
If you are traveling on the main roads the map will probably suffice but if you want to move off these routes, this map is no use.

Enova HD Point & Shoot Digital Camcorder (5MP) - Black
Enova HD Point & Shoot Digital Camcorder (5MP) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it so much I bought two !!, 30 Dec. 2009
I bought my first Enova to be able to have a video record of my sons wedding. As I expected this to be a one off videoing experience, I was after something inexpensive and easy to use.
Have to say was very impressed with the package, camera, SD card, batteries, battery charger, leads to connect to TV and software. Even more amazing was the ease of use and quality of video. The camera is reasonably intuitive to use, which is just as well as the instructions are not the most comprehensive.
The camera works best in good ambient light conditions but it does auto adjust rapidly if light conditions vary, i.e. moving indoors. I found picture quality excellent and it will also operate as a 5MP still camera.
To get good sound you need to be reasonably close to your subject, 10 feet or less, and if it it windy, forget it.
The one weakness I did find, was that in very bright conditions, the screen tends to get swamped and it is difficult to see what is on the screen, with the result that framing your subject can be a bit hit and miss.
After the wedding took the camera on holiday to New Zealand, where my son in law, a gadget freak was, very taken with it. So we bought him an Enova for Christmas.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2011 10:46 AM BST

Keeping Bees And Making Honey
Keeping Bees And Making Honey
by Alison Benjamin

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of keeping bees - read this, 16 Mar. 2009
This is the first book I have purchased on keeping bees and really it gives you everything you would want to know if you are starting bee keeping.
It is full of practical advice, explains everything in simple, straightforward, step by step terms and short of hands on experience, has to give the clearest picture of what is involved in keeping bees.
The book is well produced with lots of excellent photographes and is a pleasure to read.
First Cass