Profile for Mrs. J. A. Glover > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. A. Glover

Mrs. J. A. Glover "julie-uk" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Panasonic EW-DJ40  DentaCare Cordless Rechargeable Oral Irrigator
Panasonic EW-DJ40 DentaCare Cordless Rechargeable Oral Irrigator
Offered by Medishop

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 30 Aug 2010
Having previously purchased a Waterpik which needed charging before every use before giving up the ghost in less than a year, this irrigator has astounded me. I've used it once a day since June and have not had to recharge it yet! Brilliant! The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is that it does seem very slightly less powerful than the Waterpik, but given that the high level of power only lasted a month or so, this is a far better buy.

59 Seconds: Think a Little, Change a Lot
59 Seconds: Think a Little, Change a Lot
by Richard Wiseman
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have, 30 Aug 2010
This came to me by accident and I'm endlessly grateful for that! Having purchased the audio version, I went on to buy the book as I wanted to be able to dip in and out as I chose. This is not the usual self-help book of worn out cliches by another well-funded, over-promoted individual (however well-meaning they might be!), this book actually gives you facts and information that is useable! If only I'd found this 20 years ago I'd be a lot better off - not just financially, but also in my development of life-skills.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2010 5:47 PM BST

Angelology
Angelology
by Danielle Trussoni

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark and fast moving, 30 July 2010
This review is from: Angelology (Hardcover)
With Dan Brown books and angels being of particular interest to me, this book had to be worth reading. And it was. The pace is fast and I couldn't guess the outcome at all. I have to confess to being disappointed at the end, but no doubt that's a way of leaving the door open for a sequel or two.

Butler's Solid Wood Clothes Stand / Valet Rack / Coat Hanging Rail (Natural Colour)
Offered by LUXURY EXPRESS

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful item, 1 May 2010
Having downsized my home recently, my bedroom no longer has a chair to throw my dog walking clothes onto and I purchased this to fulfil that purpose, which it does. It is less sturdy than I had expected, but does the job neatly and in the minimum of space. A useful and nice-looking piece.

Gardman Victorian Boot scraper / cleaner & brush
Gardman Victorian Boot scraper / cleaner & brush

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!, 6 Mar 2010
This does exactly what I need it to do - cleans my muddy boots - and looks absolutely lovely at the same time. The handle is really helpful and the customer service I experienced was outstanding. Great value, great product, great service.

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything
by Elizabeth Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love this, 7 Jun 2009
I've got this in paperback and on audio cd - it's something I never tire of. Every read or listen reveals something I hadn't picked up before. Most of all, this book gives you hope. Amazing.

Spent: End Exhaustion & Feel Great Again
Spent: End Exhaustion & Feel Great Again
by Frank Lipman

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful tool, 28 May 2009
The ideas presented in this book have reinforced some things I had previously learned, but there is also a lot of new and extremely useful information. The book is easy to read and Frank doesn't come at you in a patriarchal or patronising way. It's also easy to incorporate the suggestions into daily life and I have been able to ensure I get the nutrition I need which I just couldn't fit into my hectic schedule previously. I am feeling decidedly more optimistic (and healthier) than I've done in ages! Well worth a look.

Communication Mastery by Tony Jeary (Nightingale Conant)
Communication Mastery by Tony Jeary (Nightingale Conant)
by Tony Jeary
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful, 2 Feb 2009
These cds, together with the workbook, have made a positive difference in my communication skills. Although there is quite a formal presentation focus, the tips and strategies for other forms of communication are excellent and Tony really makes you think about the way you communicate, encouraging you to critically appraise your own skills and make changes where appropriate. I feel 100% more confident about my own communication skills after using this programme.

Visconti Leather Handbag Style 18608K
Visconti Leather Handbag Style 18608K
Offered by Ashlie Craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous little bag, 2 Feb 2009
It was the other feedback that persuaded me to take a chance on this little bag (in chocolate) and I'm so glad I did. It holds everything necessary, the pockets mean I can get to stuff quickly (one of the front pockets is the perfect size for my Blackberry!!) and the strap is so long that I can wear the bag across the body if I want to. Perfect. In fact, I'm so impressed I'm looking at their other products for a new briefcase!

One For All SV9365 Indoor Amplified DVBT Antenna (Brushed Alum.)
One For All SV9365 Indoor Amplified DVBT Antenna (Brushed Alum.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 25 May 2008
I live in a 3-storey house and have bought a number of (more expensive!) indoor aerials to use in my study on the ground floor - none of which have been satisfactory. Until now! Having read other reviews, I was hopeful, but not entirely convinced this would be any different. How wrong I was! If you need an indoor aerial, you couldn't do better. I am one happy bunny as I can now work and have a clear picture on my portable tv. Bliss!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9