Profile for Tablatom > Reviews

FOCUSRITE VRMBOX Monitoring speakers controllers
FOCUSRITE VRMBOX Monitoring speakers controllers
Offered by Rich Tone Music

5.0 out of 5 stars VaRoooM!!, 4 Aug 2014
I bought the VRM just after the i bought a Focusrite Saffire pro40.

Its been a week now and it is A GAME CHANGER for me.

I produce about 5 to 7 CD's per year from my home studio.

The monitors i use are a pair of KRK rockit 6 mkI.

My headphones are Beyer dynamic DT770's.

I know my "end-result" mixes are ok and my clients are happy with the results i get.

Finishing off a CD for someone has always been a challenge for me, getting the mixes sounding ok the KRK's, Roberts digital radio in the kitchen, my car stereo and several pairs of headphones.
I get there in the end, but it takes quite a bit of time.

SO,

the VRM makes this job SO EASY.

Last night i used the VRM's KRK ROKIT6 G2 "bedroom" option and made a mix of a song i am working on.
After 10 minutes i took my headphones and turned on the real KRK ROKIT6's
(not G2's, but maybe there isn't that much difference between the G1'a and G2's) and i was pleased to hear not that much difference from my head phones and monitors.
Quite incredible.

The VRM simulations are so real at first i had to take off my headphones while working late at night in my house just to check my monitors weren't on!!

Personally i am genuinely excited about my future work as a small time self employed producer because of the VRM.

For us guys on a budget i think the VRM is a very important bit of kit.

Well done Focusrite

ALTO PROFESSIONAL BLACK15S Powered speakers Active subwoofer
ALTO PROFESSIONAL BLACK15S Powered speakers Active subwoofer
Offered by AVC Online Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, deep, accurate sounding sub, 1 Jun 2014
ALTO BLACK 15sub.

SOUND: 10/10 - incredibly accurate sound, not one bit of boomy mush, tight tight sound, VERY DEEP sounding. Didn't hear its max volume, but i got to about 15 meters away in the shop and the sound was very full.
Can't say if its 1200watt RMS figure is true, but why shouldn't it be? Claimed max spl 132dB which is very normal for subs these days.

Weight: 42.8kg.

SIZE: Very small. I am quite strong, and i could walk with it no problem. Its total cubic mass is 1.36 meters. Thats tiny for a 15" sub.

The look of the ALTO PROFESSIONAL logo
[...]

is very similar to the

AKAI PROFESSIONAL logo.
[...]

This is because NUMARK bought out AKAI.

I had an AKAI DPS16 recorder for years and made many great CD's on that.

AKAI made great stuff, and it looks like ALTO are now doing the same.

Frequency Range (-10 dB): 31 Hz – 160 Hz
Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 33 Hz – 140 Hz

After today i believe it.

Don't think there is any other 15" sub out there that can hit truly low frequencies like this. Yet to see one

Holy Hell: A Memoir of Faith, Devotion, and Pure Madness
Holy Hell: A Memoir of Faith, Devotion, and Pure Madness
by Gail Tredwell

3.0 out of 5 stars GOD'S LOVE IS ALL., 10 Nov 2013
THANK GOD FOR GOD.
GODS LOVE IS NOT DEPENDANT ON THE MADNESS OF HUMANITY. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

I have NOT read the book, and i put 3 stars to be neutral.

But i have read many reviews in amazon.com
and
i have spent a little time with Ammaji.

The thing is, how do we know what Gail is saying is true?

I am a devotee of a different guru, and for each devotee, there is a different interpretation of the guru.

All i can say about Ammaji from having 4 hugs now, is, i did feel a beautiful loving presence coming from her.

She has given millions and millions of dollars to help those in need.

When an organisation gets as big as Amma's there are so many "human" qualities diluting the divine. Its only natural that things may not always be sweet and loving, Amma included.

One thing i have learnt after following my path with a different guru for a while now, is, DON'T FOCUS ON WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY. At the end of the day, that is their experience, not mine.

If one has faith, one has faith, no matter what the world may say.

My best wishes to Gail, my best wishes to Ammaji.

Love each other, serve each other.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2014 10:29 PM GMT

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro MD103B/A (Intel Quad-Core i7 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HD Graphics 4000, NVIDIA GT 650M, OS X Lion)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Music production!!, 13 Jun 2013
My 2012 Macbook pro 15 inch 2.3ghz is the best computer i have owned.

It is as powerful as Mac pro's from only as far back as 2009!!

So you get a professional grade computer for ( in my case ) music production, that is portable.

Its the first computer where i hardly ever need to see if the CPU is getting over loaded.

I use Logic pro 9, and if i was only using Logic pro's on board effects/plug-ins, the computer's CPU would never get taxed.
I do use 3rd party 32bit effects/plug-ins which are very hungry on the CPU, but i still hardly have any issues with over loading the processor.

If you have ever used Logic, the message "audio-core overload" used to appear often in older macs, stopping work flow and you'd have to compromise what you were doing to eek out the available processing power of the computer to be able to run Logic pro.

Not with this Macbook pro. That message never appears. I can just get on with making music :).

I only have 4gigs of ram and that has never been a problem. You can put 16gigs in it.

I sometimes have 5 to 8 apps running at the same time and everything is snappy.

I have put in a Samsung SSD and that has made the computer a very fast beast indeed.
Boot time 14 SECONDS!!!!
Shut down 3 to 5 SECONDS!!!

The screen is very clear and crisp. I went for the glossy screen and i have no issues with reflections. If there are reflections i just alter the screen angle and the problem is gone. The 15.4 inch screen is big enough to watch movies for 2 people to share, and i can work with Logic pro with it no problem.

Usb 3.0 is great. I back up my work in seconds rather than minutes.
It would have been nice to have 3 usb 3.0 ports but its not a big deal. I ALWAYS use an extended external keyboard and track ball mouse, so much faster performance than using the mac book pro's track pad and keyboard , and with the external mac keyboard there is an extra usb 2.0 port, so i actually do have 3 usb ports, which is great.

Thunderbolt/mini display port.
I have yet to use a thunderbolt hard drive, but i use the mini display port to drive my external screen.
One of the best features of Mac lap tops is that through the mini display port/thunderbolt port you can drive an external monitor up to 2560 x 1440 res.

I have a 27 inch monitor that has a display port and with one cable (display port - mini display port) i get 2560 x 1440 from the Macbook pro!!! its brilliant.

I have to say, check out on ebay the 27 inch monitors with 2560 x 1440 res from Korea.
They have exactly the same screens that are in Apple 27 inch monitors and 27 inch iMacs. The screens are A grade, not A+ grade. They have maybe 5 dead pixels and so Apple sells them and Korean companies build cheap cases with budget speakers.
I just got mine and for a fraction of the price of the Apple 27 inch thunderbolt display i am the very happy owner of a 27 inch 2560 x 1440 display.
It has really transformed my use of the 15 inch mac book pro, its fantastic.

SOUND.
The speakers on the 15inch macbook pro are good enough to enjoy a movie. Music sounds ok too, not very deep sounding, but adequate for a laptop. Much bigger sound than the 13 inch mac book pro. My wife has one and its a big difference.

TRACK PAD.
It is a brilliant bit of kit, 1, 2,3, finger gesturing and swiping is very cool.

Over all build quality is top draw.

If you are looking for a pro level computer that works effortlessly and is easy to use i highly recommend the 2012 15.4inch 2.3ghz 4gig of ram Macbook pro.