Profile for Mrs E R Hughes Johnson > Reviews

Content by Mrs E R Hughes...

Mrs E R Hughes Johnson

Confidence Stow A Bike Foldable Exercise X Bike
Confidence Stow A Bike Foldable Exercise X Bike

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unhappy!, 10 Dec 2014
When the bike arrived, I started to take the various sections out of the box, and noticed some small pieces of black plastic at the bottom of the box. It turned out that the plastic section that inserts into the metal rod under the seat was broken (probably crushed in transit), making the bike unusable. The box weighed 18kgs. I tried to find a telephone number to speak to Amazon, but failed miserably. I wanted to know whether it would be possible to obtain a replacement part. If it had been, I would have kept the bike. In the absence of any contact number, I printed a returns label and returned the broken bike to Amazon - it was not easy lugging such a big and heavy box to the post office! I was given £6.01 to cover postage costs. Postage actually cost £28! Where is the fairness in that? If you supply a defective product, you should cover the cost of return postage in full, and also provide a telephone number so that enquiries can be dealt with efficiently. As it stands, I am out of pocket through no fault of my own, and had expected better of Amazon.

Pampers Baby-Dry Size 5 (24-55 lbs/11-25 kg) Nappies - Pack of 114 Nappies
Pampers Baby-Dry Size 5 (24-55 lbs/11-25 kg) Nappies - Pack of 114 Nappies
Offered by tarteg.cymru

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough!, 28 Jan 2014
Reading the last review, I've encountered the same problem. I have been buying Giga packs of Pampers No. 5 Nappies for about 10 months - up until now, I've been happy with the quality and performance of the nappies. However, the last batch was very disappointing as the quality was nowhere near as good as previous batches: the sides split regularly and the nappy itself appeared to be less absorbent, with my son frequently waking early in the morning soaked through. They were also unable to cope with large volumes of No. 2! I noticed that the designs on these nappies were different from previous packs, and I wonder weather they were not intended for the UK market? It would be good if Amazon could ensure consistency in the quality of these nappies from Pampers. Also, the price fluctuates from about £16 to £20 from month to month - I'd be willing to pay the additional amount to secure the usual high quality nappy.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2014 8:15 PM BST