Profile for A E Thomas > Reviews

A E Thomas

Kobra KOB-10045 400ml Aerosol Spray Paint - Gold
Kobra KOB-10045 400ml Aerosol Spray Paint - Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gold coverage ever, 22 Nov. 2014
So much better than the rustoleum version. Wish I'd bought this first time round. Went for the brand I knew and ended up wasting my money on drips and terrible coverage. This is in another league. Fantastic coverage, no drips and much longer lasting cans *and* cheaper. Don't do what I did - buy this one first!

Printing Pleasure - NON-OEM ( 1Set ) High Quality Toner Cartridge CLP360 replacement for printers CLP-360, 365, 365W, CLX-3305, 3305FN, 3305FW, 3305W, Xpress SL-C410W, C460FW, C460W
Offered by Printing Pleasure

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, not a real saving, 23 Sept. 2014
Wasn't worth the saving compared to the Samsung originals. Lastly not even half as long. Had to go and buy the original cartridges within a few weeks. Don't bother!

Rust-Oleum Magnetic Blackboard Chalk Board Primer Grey - 500ml
Rust-Oleum Magnetic Blackboard Chalk Board Primer Grey - 500ml
Offered by Transtools

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not use!, 16 Jun. 2014
I wish I had listened to the reviews on here and on the US amazon site. This product really, really doesn't work! We stirred, painted the 3 thin primer coats, it would only hold up a magnetic for the briefest of times. We then added 2 coats of rustoleum chalk paint on top. Now it's not magnetic at all, and the chalk paint will not adhere to the primer - it just cracks like crazy paving.
I called rustoleum and they told me that this magnetic primer is not like normal paint, you need to use a lot more, I'm assuming the 6-8 coats mentioned on the USA reviews, and make them thicker. And then probably just 1 thin layer of blackboard paint on top, which will mean it won't matter if some of the primer is not covered since both will be black!
As it is we face a massive sanding operation to try and get the stuff off the wall. Please don't waste your time and money like we did!

Healthy: Slow Cooker Recipes
Healthy: Slow Cooker Recipes
by Judith Finlayson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best slow cooker book I have bought, 2 Feb. 2012
We bought our slow cooker as part of a plan to reduce the stress of that 'after school' time when Mum is rushing around as taxi, and then comes to the evening and has to summon the energy to cook. This way I prepare the meal before school pick up and its ready when we are at 7pm. I don't find it too americanised as another reviewer mentioned, and the cup measurements do actually make preparation quicker when you don't have to reach for the scales. Our slow cooker allows you to sauté on the hob, which also cuts down on washing up! We have had the goulash, lamb and lentils and the greek style beef and aubergine and they've all been delicious. Having made a new year resolution to lose weight and joined slimming world, many of the recipes work out free on the plan, if you cut down the olive oil suggested. We have also experimented with the porridge recipes and yes, its lovely to come downstairs to hot porridge during the morning rush! Highly recommended here, above the other slow cooker recipe books I have tried, this is the one I reach for when planning the weekly meals.

The Feeling Good Handbook
The Feeling Good Handbook
by David D Burns

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended.., 31 Aug. 2004
I frequently recommend this book to any friends of mine who are suffering from anxiety or depression. Its written in a highly readable way, and as another reviewer said you get the feeling that the author of this book really cares and wants to help and would never judge and whats more completely knows his subject.
I came across this book and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) after my Mother died and I experienced panic attacks and anxiety. For me it literally turned the way I was feeling around, the written exercises really do work. I wont say it got me back to normal because it did something else - it made me change the way I was thinking and left me confident that the ability to cope and change was all within me.

Nightingales: Florence and Her Family
Nightingales: Florence and Her Family
by Gillian Gill

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating read.., 30 Aug. 2004
A fascinating read on the life of Florence Nightingale and her family.
You ache and feel frustrated for her as she tries to break free from the 19th century bonds which held that women were best as ornaments and entertainment and prove that she could achieve a lot more in her life.
Even after reading the book though, I was still puzzled why she chose to remain a recluse for the second half of her life, and why her family, who had reined her in so tightly for the first 30 years or so, accepted her decision to cut them out of life for a good 10 years after she returned from the Crimea. I'd like a part 2 from this highly readable author!