Profile for Mr Ed > Reviews

Content by Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World's Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing!!!, 28 Jun. 2013
Other reviews put this book & it's author down for pretty much blatant advertising, but hey, if you used the products, or produced your own products & could increase your income through a bit of name dropping, then big deal. He is, after all, appealing to a very small section of society & won't be expecting much income from the book - you can't give the guy too hard a time when you consider these aspects. Also, taking a positive slant on this aspect, maybe if your a new comer to all this, then a few brand names will point you in the right direction - it's your free choice to buy what you think best meets your needs, of course a brain is required...

Anyway, I've done a large array of sports from gymnastics to bodybuilding to triathlons, etc. & had always followed the "recommendations" on dairy foods, meat, fish, fruit & veg, however, I've never felt "quite right" after eating any dairy products & most meats, but always thinking "must get enough protein". Symptoms such as aching joints, elevated heart rate, lethargy, etc. always occurred, but I ignored them for decades.

In the last few years my health had slowly deteriorated, despite following the "guidelines" & trying to maintain consistent exercise programs, my weight continued to increase & I was regularly ill, the aching joints & general feeling of 'crappiness' continued. I've tried many supplements, some of which, admittedly did help.

Then, quite by chance, I came across this guy's book. I initially purchased it out of mere curiosity, but as I read I found many comparisons with my own life. Suffice to say I identified with him on many levels & I can truly say his story is both enthralling & utterly inspiring. After reading the book I've converted to a mostly, but not exclusively, vegan diet. All I can try to convey is how radically different & energised I now feel, everyday!

The joint pains & constant niggling injuries have gone & although there's a chasm between his fitness & mine, I can honestly say I've not done this much exercise, recovered so quickly or felt this healthy since I was a teenager & that was 21 years ago!!! - despite the old "can't get enough protein if you don't eat meat & dairy foods, whey protein, etc". If you want to read an awesome & inspiring story & might want to learn a bit or two about an alternative, but nutritionally & ethically sound lifestyle as you go along, then you won't be disappointed.

Celestron 31150 LCM 114 Short Computerised Reflector Telescope
Celestron 31150 LCM 114 Short Computerised Reflector Telescope

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money!!!, 26 Dec. 2012
Bought this telescope as a Christmas present back in September, opened it up & set this thing up "by the book" & was very careful after the reviews on the topic. All I can say is I've had better views with a cheap pair of binoculars or the naked eye!!!

This machine did not fall below expectations, it never even entered the spectrum of expectation, low or otherwise!!!

I will be returning the machine due to this obismall performance.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2014 12:58 PM BST

NORDHORN ® Outdoor Sports Running Sock - COOLMAX / LYCRA
NORDHORN ® Outdoor Sports Running Sock - COOLMAX / LYCRA
Offered by NEXISTO GmbH, Preise inkl. MwSt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap socks, expensive price!, 26 Dec. 2012
These socks are advertised as thick, high quality socks, they are the exact opposite - spend your money on another brand, mine have holes in them after a few weeks of light use & washing!!!

Wedge Welly Women's Unique Man Eater Black Wellington Boot EU 4 UK, 37 EU, 6 US
Wedge Welly Women's Unique Man Eater Black Wellington Boot EU 4 UK, 37 EU, 6 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Wedge Welly - Great Turnaround!!!, 30 Aug. 2012
These boots were a gift for my wife & were origonally ordered way back in April, however, at that time there was a problem with the order & I was very dissatisfied with how things were handled, but...

The company then contacted me recently to apologise & make amends, I won't go into to too much detail, but this has now become one of THE BEST levels of customer service attention I have ever recieved, I commend them on their turnaround! I would remove the negative feedback, but can't see the option to do this!

Oh, as with regards to the boots, my wife loves them, great product & highly recommended!

In short WELL DONE!!!