Profile for A. McNamee > Reviews

Content by A. McNamee

A. McNamee (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Boolavard® TM 26" 50s Retro Underskirt Swing Vintage Petticoat Fancy Net Skirt Rockabilly Tutu (Black)
Offered by Boolevard Cosmetics Ltd. (UK Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great underskirt, 18 Aug 2014
This underskirt was delivered really quickly and is a high quality item. It worked wonderfully to hold my 50's style dress out just as I needed it to. I highly recommend this product.

Amazon Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle)
Amazon Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally I can read in the dark!, 29 July 2013
I had a Kindle before the back lit version came out. I wasn't going to purchase another Kindle so I have always had to read in the daylight or with the light on in the evening. I read a lot. I am going on holiday so I thought I would buy a cover to protect the screen on the journey. I didn't know until I went to buy this that a lighted cover even existed. The mini light works really well lighting the whole screen and the actual leather cover is light and does exactly what I wanted it to. I recommend one of these covers to anyone who has the original Kindle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2014 8:37 PM GMT

The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera

4.0 out of 5 stars The Opera Ghost.., 29 July 2013
I enjoyed reading this book. I have obviously heard the title but didn't know anything about the story. It was interesting and moved quickly so you have no chance of getting bored. I enjoyed reading the additional section about where the author got inspiration from the real opera house and stories about it. Great value reading for free!

Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens
Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens

3.0 out of 5 stars A simple little story, 29 July 2013
I decided to read this book as I had just read Peter and Wendy. It is a nice simple little story that would probably be nice to read to a child when they have heard or read about Peter Pan. It wasn't a bad story just more for children than I felt after reading Peter and Wendy.

Pawz Waterproof Dog Boot
Pawz Waterproof Dog Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Paw-fect!, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Pawz Waterproof Dog Boot (Misc.)
Our dog had a cut on his paw that needed to be kept clean but he is the sort of dog that cant miss his walks every day. We purchased these water proof boots thinking that they probably wouldn't be right as he most likely would just bite them when they were put on. We were wrong. The dog boot fitted snugly and he didn't even seem to know it was there. We only used one for his cut foot and it lasted for two of his walks before we needed to replace it. Our dog goes on long walks over rough terrain so if your dog walks are less damaging they would probably last longer. A great product.

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic that never gets old!, 30 Jun 2013
Pride and Prejudice has been made into many films and TV series but there is nothing like reading it in the original format. The characters are well constructed and the story flows along wonderfully. I highly recommend reading this book especially as you can download it for free. What have you got to lose?

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

4.0 out of 5 stars It was a strange case!, 30 Jun 2013
I am trying to read all the 'classics' at the moment so I downloaded this book as I knew of the characters but had not read the actual book. It was easy to read and was very different to what I expected. Mr Hyde was very different to how he is portrayed in other films etc. Give it a go, as you can download it for free it is a quick read.

Les Misérables (English language)
Les Misérables (English language)

2.0 out of 5 stars It made me miserable.., 30 Jun 2013
I purchased this book because I am trying to read all the 'classics' at the moment. I'm afraid I gave up on this one after about 40% of it. I found it long, meandering and it just didn't catch my attention at all. Of course this is just my opinion and others may love it. I would still recommend giving it a go especially as you can download a free copy but it was just too hard going for me.

The Picture of Dorian Gray
The Picture of Dorian Gray

3.0 out of 5 stars I know it's supposed to be a classic.., 27 May 2013
I read this book with an open mind. Unfortunately I didn't really enjoy it. The writing is rather high handed in places and there were parts of it that just passed me by as I couldn't work out what was happening. It was OK but I wont be re reading it like I do with my other 'classic' novels.

Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic that never gets old., 11 May 2013
This review is from: Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
I have read this book many times before but I find I can always return to it and enjoy it again.

Page: 1 | 2