Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
YSATIS DE GIVENCHY EDT 3.4 (L)
YSATIS DE GIVENCHY EDT 3.4 (L)

5.0 out of 5 stars a preset, 21 Jan. 2016
it was a present and it was appreciated

Fire, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers
Fire, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers

4.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain, 15 Dec. 2015
For the price I paid it is an exceptionally good tablet. I wanted one that I could slip into my pocket and read newspapers and books and email while travelling. A slight downside: the software is closely tied to Amazon and I have not yet discovered how to download apps that are not in the Amazon store. But I've only had it a few days and I'm sure I'll find out how to get google play.

The Short Drop
The Short Drop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, 9 Dec. 2015
This review is from: The Short Drop (Kindle Edition)
Very readable. Some of the plot twists are not entirely believable on reflection but the writing is so engrossing that the reader is carried along uncritically. I lost several ours sleep because I really couldn't put it down in the last quarter of the book. Someone must be considering a film or TV version.

The Telegraph Daily UK Edition
The Telegraph Daily UK Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, 3 Dec. 2015
It keeps freezing and going back to the starter page

The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes From a Small Island
The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes From a Small Island

5.0 out of 5 stars As informative and amusing as ever., 26 Nov. 2015
To get the negative over first, there are a few more rants in this than in the original Notes: about litter, general dumbing down, commercialisation etc. But I suppose now that BB is officially one of us he's entitled to take part in our whingeing from time to time. Anyway he's usually right:though I must say I disagree with him about service in shops. In my experience politeness and helpfulness has improved enormously in the past decade. But that apart this book is right up to Bryson's usual standard. There are very few writers who can make me LOL as often and as loudly. And as a travel book it is helpfully informative. The Scots may feel that they get a bit of a raw deal. The final section about his trip to Cape Wrath does show some signs of haste. But it will make an excellent present when the paperback version appears.

A Land Divided (The Blood of Kings Book 1)
A Land Divided (The Blood of Kings Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 5 Nov. 2015
I am very interested in Welsh history but I was very bored and gave it up after a few chapters

Where My Heart Used to Beat
Where My Heart Used to Beat

4.0 out of 5 stars My heart was touched but not overexcited, 13 Oct. 2015
A good read and clearly has some depth of meaning some of which escaped me. Doesn't get a fifth star from me, however, because essentiallythe story is one, rather self centred man ,navel gazing and I was getting a bit bored with him by the end The war scenes are excellent, as one would expect from Faulks, though often almost too distressing to read, One of the two basic plots has similarities to Flanagan's Long Road to the North and even Captain Corelli's Mandolin; but none the worse for that.

Half of a Yellow Sun
Half of a Yellow Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars What war does to people., 23 Sept. 2015
First third acquaints us with various families and relationships in post colonial Nigeria and hints at tensions between Islamic northerners and Christian Southerners. Then we move on to the period immediately preceding the declaration of independence by Biafra and the war which followed. The descriptions of how the war affected ordinary individuals is almost too painful to read. But the book also tell some very good stories and is genuinely difficult to put down.

LCD Digital Indoor Outdoor In/Out Thermometer + Hygrometer Humidity Meter (New Version)
Offered by ibestsky

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good at the price, 19 Sept. 2015
It records indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, time and date as expected. One minor niggle is that to record the outside temperature it must be placed near a window (or door) that can close over a thin wire. Ideally in a place that is permanently shaded to record the actual outdoor temperature. Still it works well and looks quite good for a very reasonable price.

The Hundred-Year Flood
The Hundred-Year Flood

3.0 out of 5 stars Tries too hard, 11 Sept. 2015
There is some good stuff in it: an interesting narrative (though not entirely convincing) with the occasional excellent turn of phrase. But tries a bit too hard to get in the running for the ****** book awards. I'll read the author's next novel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8