Profile for Steve Fox > Reviews

Content by Steve Fox

Steve Fox

Samsung Chromebook XE303C12-A01UK 11.6-inch Laptop (2GB RAM, 16GB HDD)
Samsung Chromebook XE303C12-A01UK 11.6-inch Laptop (2GB RAM, 16GB HDD)
Price: 223.38

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5 steps to product LOVE, 9 Feb 2013
With the right expectations, this is a product you will fall in love with. Here are my 5 steps to satisfaction:

1) Understand it's limitations - you're not buying this to install skype, right?
2) You just want a simple and hassle free way to surf the web (like a tablet) but prefer typing to swiping. Switch on, switch off simple.
3) You want something that is light enough to put in your bag without weighing you down
4) If you live in the world of google (gmail, docs, calendar, gdrive etc), this starts to become seriously useful
5) If you like to try and do everything possible in the cloud (web development, mindmaps, mockups) then you start to get how this may replace a regular computer, one day

Things I didn't know before I purchased this:
- It switches on when you lift the lid - don't think there is a way to alter this, but fine for me
- it works with my cordless mouse (Microsoft 2CF-00003 Wireless Mobile Mouse 1000)
- if you have too many tabs open it struggles a bit - there is also a bug that means if its low on memory, it will reload every tab as you attempt to view it. This is really annoying when it happens but easily avoided by not doing too much memory sapping stuff at once.
- if you want a bag that fits well, try "Port Designs Delhi Series Notebook Sleeve for Notebook Up to 12 inch - Blue"

Polystyrene Plastic Disposable Stirrers - Pack of 1000 | Plastic Stirrers, Tea Stirrers, Coffee Stirrers, Drink Stirrers
Offered by Crown Supplies
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 28 Dec 2012
Despite the two very negative reviews, I thought I'd try these. The product I received looked very slightly different from the picture so perhaps the seller has upgraded the product? Anyway, I received these in a sealed pack and they were totally unstained and appeared to be new. The item is about the size the reviewer mentions, but I am not sure I'd want it any bigger? Surely these are designed for fingertip use? I use these for ground coffee and not teabags, but don't think they would cause any problem. Just buy these...they are cheap and work fine!

Black - Jelly Gel Cover Case - Huawei Ascend G300 U8815 U8818 + Stylus
Black - Jelly Gel Cover Case - Huawei Ascend G300 U8815 U8818 + Stylus
Offered by The Lilam Group
Price: 2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 20 May 2012
This is my first gel cover. It fits so well and covers the white/silver backplate, turning the phone all black (which for me is an added bonus). It looks smart, should protect well and has button markings for on/off/volume as well as holes in all the right places. The side grips work well too.

Delivery by Lilam was swift. Product and shop are recommended.