Profile for Leigh Tatlici > Reviews

Katie Morag's Island Stories
Katie Morag's Island Stories
by Mairi Hedderwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely girls' book, 14 Aug. 2011
I bought this book because of the fantastic reviews it received on Amazon, and I'm so glad I did. My daughter (5 years old) loves the book and often requests to have it read to her.

One Day
One Day
by David Nicholls

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont judge a book by its cover, 14 Aug. 2011
This review is from: One Day (Paperback)
It took me a while to finally decide to read this book - it was lying on my shelf for ages and I kept on putting it off because of the horrible cover - I thought it was going to be a dull story, but to my utmost relief, I thought it was the most amazing tale of male/female friendship and its after effects that span decades. The book was a little slow to start off with but once you get into it, its really hard to put it down. You become so infused with the characters. Brilliantly written overall, I would definately recomend it to friends (and I have already).

Nanny McPhee [DVD]
Nanny McPhee [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emma Thompson
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic viewing for the whole family, 8 April 2011
This review is from: Nanny McPhee [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased this DVD for my 4 year old daughter and I was amazed at how much she loved the movie. For a weeks at a time, it was the only DVD she wanted to watch. We showed it to our 18 month old son and it soon became his favourite too (over Mickey Mouse!). This is a movie the whole family can watch. Superb acting, a brilliant cast, great storyline ... I will definately buy the next installment!

Strawberry Shortcake: Meet Strawberry Shortcake [DVD]
Strawberry Shortcake: Meet Strawberry Shortcake [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Heinke
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely DVD, 1 Oct. 2010
I loved Strawberry Shortcake as a child, and was really happy to see a Strawberry Shortcake DVD that I could buy for my daughter. This DVD introduces Strawberry Shortcake, her baby sister, and all her friends. My daughter is now four and a half years old and enjoys watching this DVD on a regular basis!

My First Word Bath Book
My First Word Bath Book
by Dorling Kindersley Publishing
Edition: Bath Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous first book, 1 Oct. 2010
We are from a bilingual household so the fact that this book has many Americanisms doesn't bother us. We just insert our own words for those used in the text. My daughter loved this book when she was a toddler, and my son, who is now 18 months, loves the book - it must be one of his favourites. Sections include: My clothes, My toys, Around the house, In the backyard, Things that go (my son adores this page as it shows, amongst other things: a helicopter, an aeroplane, a car, a digger, a boat etc), Animals, Mealtime and Bedtime. Based on the other poor reviews, I probably would not have bought this book but it was given as a gift, and I'm so glad we have it.

Where's Spot? (Lift-the-flap Book)
Where's Spot? (Lift-the-flap Book)
by Eric Hill
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Find!, 2 Nov. 2007
I bought this for my 10 month old daughter, and now at nearly two years of age she still loves having it read to her. A wonderful lift the flap book which lets the little ones really get involved in the story, which features a bear, snake, hippo, lion, monkey, crocodile, penguins and a tortoise. The popularity of this board book has led to the purchase of other 'Spot' books.