Profile for DangerGrouse > Reviews

DangerGrouse

Albion
Albion

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor By Ginger Standards, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Albion (Audio CD)
There's one thing Ginger's been doing recently. And that's writing an awful lot of music.

Unfortunately this is one release too far. It's a mess of an album, filled with some great ideas but with overlong songs and with a sense that "The Ginger Wildheart Band" doesn't actually know what it is.

So you're probably wondering why I have given it 3 stars. Bearing in mind that I am reviewing the 10 track CD Release, there are two songs I will definitely add to my Favourite tracks playlist. Those being the opener, Drive and the first "single" Body Parts.

And there are some great musical bits throughout the rest, but whoever produced the album needed to strip it down. A classic example of this is the 10 Minute closer Albion. Some brilliant music with a massive amount of filler. It reminds me of a Pink Floyd closing song, only worse.

From reading the reviews, this album is not a "Best Of" the original album of 15 songs. Which of course it should be. So when I buy a 10 song CD I expect to get 7/8 damn fine tunes.

So if you want to listen to a damn good Ginger album, then buy the Hey Hello one instead. Here's hoping for better next time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2014 2:28 PM GMT

Razer Abyssus Mirror 3500DPI Gaming Mouse
Razer Abyssus Mirror 3500DPI Gaming Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a mouse for Left Handers, 27 Nov. 2013
I've been using PC's now for 20+ years, and being left handed, I like an ambidextrous design with just 3 buttons and a scroll wheel.

Additonally, I have been in IT support for 10 years, and have come across every single rubbish mouse you can imagine. Anyway after recently purchasing a Logitech B110 optical mouse, I decided enough was enough and pay some serious bucks for a mouse.

Lets get the bad stuff out the way:

- The Razer driver didn't work, wouldn't save settings, but you don't need it. So don't waste your time and just stick to the generic Windows driver.

- The mouse is so sensitive that you need to use a mouse mat. On my table, it had a mind of it's own.

Lets look at the good stuff!

+ It feels so light, and it just glides on the mouse mat.

+ Precision is unbelievable, the control you have is just great. (I set mine eventually to 1000mhz, 1800 DPI).

It may be marketed as a gaming mouse, but for all frustrated left handers out there go and buy one.

One final thought - I bought the Mirror version, and although I do suffer from sweaty palm syndrome, I have had no problems with marks and all that stuff some other users talk about. However it's a little too shiny for my liking (and maybe a touch slippery) In retrospect I would have gone for the normal edition.

Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Offered by UKStocked

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic tat, 23 Nov. 2013
Well, you get what you pay for. £6.50 including delivery. I don't know what to say, apart from don't buy this junk.

Fortress
Fortress

2.0 out of 5 stars Am i listening to the same album?, 5 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Fortress (Audio CD)
This album is such a disappointment considering the talent that was Creed. When I listened to the first single, I was preying it was a poor choice for the album. Unfortunately, it's the best track on the album. And for all those saying Myles Kennedy has a better voice than Scott Stapp? Are you having a laugh? Maybe he has wider vocal range, but especially on this album he's just screeching.

And then I listen to the new Scott Stapp album, and this abysmal trash is lucky to get two stars. The fact remains that Tremonti and Stapp are a powerful song writing combination, perhaps the best in this era. Tremonti's own album was very good, Stapp's new one is superb. So skip this, buy Tremonti's and Stapp's and just hope there's a new Creed album on the horizon.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2014 9:01 PM BST

Electric Peace
Electric Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars Cult Classic, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Electric Peace (Audio CD)
If you ever wondered what difference a Producer can make, then buy this. So let's start with Peace, a mediocre follow up to Love. No wonder the Cult weren't happy with it. Enter Rick Rubin, strip back the songs. What you get is one of the Classic Hard Rock albums of all time. What really stands out is the drumming and guitar work. I owned this on vinyl originally, and the remastered version nearly brings back that raw power.

Ok there are a few fillers. Aphrodisiac Jacket is a little bit of a let down after Wild Flower, Peace Dog and Lil Devil. But which song wouldn't be? Then we get back on track with four killer tracks, and then for some unknown reason a cover of Born to be Wild. Then the furious Outlaw belts through the speakers and we finish with Memphis Hip Shake, the only slow(ish) one on the album, but a definite grower.

Overall my favourite Cult Album, pure unadulterated Hard Rock brilliance. Buy it, get some beers, turn the stereo up and enjoy!

Hey! Hello
Hey! Hello

5.0 out of 5 stars Ginger Alert, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Hey! Hello (Audio CD)
Ginger will be a legend. In two hundred years time, his cd's will be pulled out of the ashes. And like artists, question will be asked. Why wasn't he more popular in his time? He's one of the best songwriters of our generation. Every review - fan or professional - states the same.

The answer is simple. Mr Ginger, you've got to cut your ear off!

All I Was
All I Was

4.0 out of 5 stars Who am I?, 31 July 2013
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
Tremonti knows exactly who he is. What we learn about this album is he's the main man. There were reports long ago, that his guitar skills weren't up to scratch. That he took some lessons.

Well it's paid off 'cos this man is a Guitar God. And not a bad singer.

But a forgettable voice. He thought, F*** this, ain't writing songs for Stapp/AB.

However good this album is, Tremonti must realise with Scott Stapp they would have made a killer.

And he knows it.

Ready Steady Cook Bistro 28cm Stainless Steel Non-Stick Stirfry Pan with Glass Lid, Silver and Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Ready Steady Chuck, 26 July 2013
Absolute rubbish. Was tempted by the price and bought two of them as they seemed to tick all the boxes. First one (a smaller version), the non stick peeled off after about six months of very occasional use. This one lasted a little longer, but as I was unsure how much non stick was going to end up in my meals, ended up in the bin. Do yourself a favour and fork out a little more for better quality that will last.

Something Unto Nothing
Something Unto Nothing
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 30 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Something Unto Nothing (Audio CD)
Seen Brian Tichy live playing with Mr Idol. Although On the drums, he did a guitar duel with Steve Stevens and showed he could play. This album is THE BEST THING I HAVE HEARD FOR YEARS. Don't normally like female vocals on a hard rock record, but this lady has it all. Just buy it. Rock n Roll lives.