Profile for irish75 > Reviews

Gideon's Way - The Complete Series [Repackaged] [DVD] [1965]
Gideon's Way - The Complete Series [Repackaged] [DVD] [1965]
Dvd ~ John Gregson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Nostalgia, 19 Oct 2013
London or New York -- old crime dramas are great to see. Always a good story and not always an ending you can see coming -- that is what i like.

Brush Strokes: The Complete Series One & Two (25th Anniversary Edition) [DVD]
Brush Strokes: The Complete Series One & Two (25th Anniversary Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karl Howman

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well done, 19 Oct 2013
I Loved Karl Howman in Mulberry Days and he's the same here - seems flip and uncaring but always makes people feel good about themselves in the end. Good cast and unexpected laughs. I'll watch this again.

Silent Witness : Complete BBC Series 1 [1996] [DVD]
Silent Witness : Complete BBC Series 1 [1996] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amanda Burton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mystery, 19 Oct 2013
A little darker than I actually like my drama/mysteries, but characters are excellent and storyline makes sense. I probably won't watch this often, but i will watch it again.

Midsomer Murders Series Fifteen [DVD]
Midsomer Murders Series Fifteen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars New cast is just as terrific as the previous, 19 Oct 2013
Like the new Barnaby as well as the old -- in fact, maybe better. He is less stiff, gives Ben a chance to grow a little. Watch over and over. Will buy all new series.

Stay Lucky [DVD] [1989]
Stay Lucky [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Jan Francis

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Stay Lucky [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
Love Dennis Waterman in whatever he does. Rest of the cast is great. A great series that I'll watch again. I'd like more of how he comes to his conclusions, but problems are solved with humor and logic.

Worst Week Of My Life : BBC Series 1 & 2 [2006] [DVD]
Worst Week Of My Life : BBC Series 1 & 2 [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 19 Oct 2013
I love Death in Paradise, and thought Ben Miller would be funny in anything -- he is funny in Worst Week of my Life, but the situations are too unreal for me. Fewer upsets would have been ok, but I guess this comedy does not work for my sense of humor. The only time I laughed out loud was when he tipped the casket over trying to get his tie out. Oddly, I thought that was hilarious. Wanted to see his in-laws bend a little -- he really is a likeable guy. Wanted to see his wife stand up for him. He never gets his head above water. Couldn't get through the whole series. Not for me. -- This is the only show/series I have returned, but I knew I'd never watch it again. Since it cost me as much to return it as i paid for it, you can tell I was seriously not interested.