Profile for spider75 > Reviews

Content by spider75

spider75

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Philips AquaTouch AT899/16, Wet and Dry Fully Waterproof Shaver with Flexing Heads
Price: 62.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good shaving and being waterproof is a big plus, 8 Aug 2014
Wow the battery lasts a lot: I charged it one month ago and I use it every two or three days. Because it's waterproof it's easy to clean: just open it and put under the water.
A possible downside for someone would be that the shaving is not very deep so if your beard grows fast it will last a single day. Not a problem for me though :)

Ultimate Performance Reflective Hot Dots Stickers - Fluo Yellow,
Ultimate Performance Reflective Hot Dots Stickers - Fluo Yellow,
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good visibility and reflective, 8 Aug 2014
I stuck them on the back of my child seat, on my and my son helmets, on mudguards. They are really visible and reflective. You can't avoid a proper light, but these adds visibility to your bike and you.

dodocool Bicycle Laser Tail Light Bike Safety Back Rear LED Light Taillight with 5 LED & 2 Laser Launcher
Offered by Best World 4 Yu
Price: 4.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality, but the laser is cool, 8 Aug 2014
The idea is nice, but unfortunately the object is bad built. I understand it's really cheap but: the "LED" button does not work reliably, I often have to use fingernails to press it and still I get too many misses, you can undersand that cycling through the 6 or 7 blinking modes can be painful. Another problem I had was with the battery bay: while cycling on the road it opens and I lost battery and the cover (I am now using duct tape to keep batteries in place).
On the other hand, the laser works fine and it's pretty cool, but of course it's visible only in the dark. Pretty nice though.

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Price: 17.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money, 8 Aug 2014
Very high quality for price you get here. To my ears they sound very good. The insulation from outside noise is very good: I use them to listen to music at work and they do the job pretty fine.

Casio FX-991ESPLUS Scientific Calculator
Casio FX-991ESPLUS Scientific Calculator
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice calculator, 21 April 2014
I'm a fan of Casio calculators since high school.
This has many different functions and its display is really readable. I found the Natural Textbook Display easy to adopt quickly and really intuitive.
The only complain I could raise is that I'd prefer more keys with associated functions instead of having to dig into the menu sometime (statistics functions, trigonometric functions, etc).
However, really high value for the money

Chicco Polly Highchair (Happyland)
Chicco Polly Highchair (Happyland)
Price: 99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and stable, 21 April 2014
The pros of this highchair are many, but the most important to me are:
* it's very stable
* it's comfortable for the baby, with adjustable backrest
* the tray is big enough and at the correct high to let the baby playing with things on it

There are few minor cons however
* The belts fastener is not easy to close, which means my wife is better than me at it and that hurts my pride ;-)
* You must be sure the tray is fully locked otherwise it will simply fall down. Not a problem for the baby, but for you who will have to clean :D

The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook
The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook
by Michael Kerrisk
Price: 44.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any serious Linux engineer/developer, 21 April 2014
That's *the book* if you want to learn how to interface with Linux kernel. It's a huge book and everything is described to details: each system calls with their parameters, return values, examples, etc.

Controller Dual Charging Dock (PS3)
Controller Dual Charging Dock (PS3)
Offered by Super Size Savings
Price: 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool little gadget, 21 April 2014
Well, that's useful: small, light, easy to attach/detach. It's useful to charge both the controllers at the same time, with independents leds (red/green) to tell which one is ready.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (PS3)
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 21 April 2014
We had this on the Wii but unfortunately the console broke, so i bought this again (used) for the PS3. Well, the game is the same (same gameplay, same commentary, same music and so on), but the graphics are *way* better. I know, PS3 is more powerful than the Wii, but having tried this on both, it shows it.
Regarding the game itself, my son (4 years old) really loves to play it with me. If only there was way to unlock all the characters and the circuits without the need to play the solo game (like there is in Cars 2) it would be perfect.

Puma Sneaker Invisible Sneaker - Grey/White/Black, EU43-46
Puma Sneaker Invisible Sneaker - Grey/White/Black, EU43-46
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit perfectly, 21 April 2014
Well, those are socks, not much to say about them. I'm a EU44 and they fit perfectly. Comfortable and not to high on the ankle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3