Profile for Karen A. > Reviews

Content by Karen A.

Karen A. (Surrey, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Freshwater Life (Collins Pocket Guide)
Freshwater Life (Collins Pocket Guide)
by Malcolm Greenhalgh

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave this as present to someone very interested in pond life, 24 Feb. 2013
So far had only good feedback from person I gave it to, and said that they frequently referred to it.

The Fred And Ginger Collection Vol. 1 [DVD]
The Fred And Ginger Collection Vol. 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fred Astaire
Offered by Copeylad

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave thsi as present to someone who really loves old musicals, 24 Feb. 2013
Was told that it had all their old favourites on it and that the sound and visual quality were excellent.

HG Meubeline Cleaner
HG Meubeline Cleaner
Offered by Sands Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what it says on the bottle, 21 Feb. 2013
I thought I had ruined a friend's polished wood table until I say this. I was not the one who used it to put right my mistake - my friend did, and they're still my friend - this product does what it says on the bottle and works.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hospital overnight stay, 21 Feb. 2013
This was my spare nightie when I had to stay overnight a few days in hospital - the hospital told me to make sure that I had front fastening nightie, this did the job fine.

Ladies Of The Canyon
Ladies Of The Canyon

5.0 out of 5 stars Oldie but Goldie not Moldie, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Ladies Of The Canyon (Audio CD)
This is even better than the first time I heard it on tape all those years ago. Such a beautiful voice and lyrics, there really isn't any more to say.

Enemy At The Door - The Complete Series [DVD] [1978]
Enemy At The Door - The Complete Series [DVD] [1978]
Dvd ~ Alfred Burke

4.0 out of 5 stars Good birthday present for someone who missed it first time round, 20 Feb. 2013
This has really stood up to test of time, although one or two of the actors are a bit wooden many of the characters are played by actors who went on to become household names (and its fun spotting them).

Derek & Clive [Live]
Derek & Clive [Live]

5.0 out of 5 stars Rude but very funny, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Derek & Clive [Live] (Audio CD)
I first heard this going on for 30 years ago and thought it was about time I introduced the genius of Peter Cook to a new generation and this was a great success as a Christmas present for someone who's is actually going on for 30 years younger than me. He couldn't actually say the rude words to me! but told me it was really great and that he keeps on playing it so that he can memorise some of the best bits and do turns for his mates.

Black Carved Rose Chunky Plastic Bracelet AJ20171
Black Carved Rose Chunky Plastic Bracelet AJ20171

4.0 out of 5 stars Chunky, 20 Feb. 2013
I bought this because I wanted a chunky piece of arm jewellery and had seen something like this in a local antique shop but didn't think it worth the price they wanted. Am quite happy with this, but not for the modest or retiring type.

Cowboys Stay on Longer
Cowboys Stay on Longer

5.0 out of 5 stars Hank Wangford - still going good, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Cowboys Stay on Longer (Audio CD)
I first saw Hank at the Halfmoon in Putney 30 years ago since then a lot of water has gone under the bridge for both of us but a couple of years a go I took a friend to see him at guess where - yes, the Halfmoon in Putney - and had a great evening. Both of us have a lot more lines then 30 years ago but Frank's voice is still a lot better than mine.

Recently, I bought this as a gift for my friend as a reminder of our night out and also because I wanted him to hear a couple of golden - but not moldie - oldies - including "Joggin for Jesus" whih Hank didn't perform that night a couple of years ago. Anyway I played it for myself and was transported back in time but in a nice way - wish I was 30 years younger but with what I know now!

Fringe Season 1-3 [DVD]
Fringe Season 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Torv
Offered by Gift_Of_Sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Sci-fi - why is there never enough of it on TV, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Fringe Season 1-3 [DVD] (DVD)
By accident, I read about this on the web and after reading viewers reactions to it decided to give it a go.

I've only watched a couple of episodes so far. I always stretch out my sci-fi DVDs as i can never find enough good quality series on TV, or even worse really get into a series only to have it discontinued - a terrible habbit the Americans have of canning good sci-fi series only to keep on sending out the middle of the road moralising happy ending papp they churn out.

Page: 1 | 2